1.    #1  
    Are these the same thing, or if they are different, what are the differences? From what I can see, On Demand looks like it is the same as the paid version of Express. Unless I misunderstand, On Demand seems to be free to Sprint customers. Why would one use the paid version of Express when one gets On Demand for free?
    Regards,

Robert
    Chack the handmark site -- there are different tiers, the bottom of which is free.
    He was asking if there was a difference between OnDemand and PocketExpress. To that, the answer is no, not really. Its the same program, but OnDemand is Sprint's rebranded version of PocketExpress. As such, I think Sprint gives more one or two more channels free when compared to the free version of PocketExpress.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    He was asking if there was a difference between OnDemand and PocketExpress. To that, the answer is no, not really. Its the same program, but OnDemand is Sprint's rebranded version of PocketExpress. As such, I think Sprint gives more one or two more channels free when compared to the free version of PocketExpress.
    Right. Here's all I've been able to find out so far:
    Pocket Express Executive Edition (which is what I have) has channels for News, Sports, Weather, Stocks, Movies, Dictionary, 411 and Maps. Sprint refuse to say what is in On Demand (they say "check our website") and Handmark won't tell you either (they say "ask Sprint"). All the Sprint website says is that On Demand has channels "such as news, sports, weather, money and movies". That would be the first 5 categories from PocketExpress. So the real question is whether OnDemand has Dictionary, 411 and Maps, plus anything else that might not be in PocketExpress. There is a screenshot of OnDemand on the Sprint site and there are icons for 411 and Maps and also a TV Guide icon (which isn't available in PocketExpress). But I'd like to know more before I cancel my PocketExpress subscription.
    Regards,

Robert
    ^Sprint OnDemand has all those channels you mentioned that are in PE Executive but Dictionary, 411, and Maps have subscription fees after the 30-day trial period. The rest are free. I use OnDemand often and find it very useful.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I also use Sprint OnDemand all the time; particularly weather, news and sports -- all free.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    I also use Sprint OnDemand all the time; particularly weather, news and sports -- all free.
    Can you please do me a favor? Launch OnDemand, go to OnDemand Settings and tell me the names of the channels that are listed there. Thanks in advance.
    Regards,

Robert
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Sprint OnDemand has all those channels you mentioned that are in PE Executive but Dictionary, 411, and Maps have subscription fees after the 30-day trial period. The rest are free. I use OnDemand often and find it very useful.
    How much are the subscription fees?
    Regards,

Robert
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbienstock View Post
    Can you please do me a favor? Launch OnDemand, go to OnDemand Settings and tell me the names of the channels that are listed there. Thanks in advance.
    News (free)
    Sports (free)
    Weather (free)
    Money (free)
    Showbiz
    TV Guide (4.99)
    FYI
    DearAbby (free)
    Astrology (free)
    Weird News (free)

How much are the subscription fees?
    I listed the prices above, but the choices in settings don't match up with the icons when ondemand is launch. I dont know where showbiz and FYI is, so I don't know if its free or not.

This is on a Sprint Moto Q, not that it makes a difference.
    News, Sports, Weather, Stocks, Maps, 411, TV Guide, Movies, FYI. (Because I only want/need the free ones, I do NOT have Maps and TV Guide set to update. The others, I know, are all free.)
    Besides the different channels included is there an actual difference in appearance or functionality?
    Theres a dictionary and a Thesaurus for free too in On Demand. I use those fairly often on top of TV Guide, Sports, News, etc.

I LOVE this program.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Holy cow, I never knew TV Guide was free. Thanks Hdhntr23.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Theres a dictionary and a Thesaurus for free too in On Demand. I use those fairly often on top of TV Guide, Sports, News, etc.

I LOVE this program.
    There's still a purchase button in dictionary. I remember when I first started using it over a year ago, and after 30 days I got a prompt forcing a purchase for continued use. I'll try using it again to see if they removed the subscription.

I really like OnDemand, especially on a Treo (different experience on regular phones). I just wish it saves where you left off instead of going through PageOne every freakin time.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    Holy cow, I never knew TV Guide was free. Thanks Hdhntr23.
    Too bad it's complete crap, compared to the other applications.

Tom
    But, you don't need java, which never got along well with my Treo.
    There is a purchase button in the dictionary screen but Ive never been prompted to buy it and I use it 2-3xs a month or so. Ive again never had to purchase it nor have I been prompted to do so.

hahaha I cant say how much I LOVE this program.

As far as TV Guide goes... love it too! There maybe other programs out there that are better but 1) I have to buy those and 2)most/all of them require me to install java...no thanks.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    OnDemand has issues sometimes you have to tell it to search twice or such. But as far as what you get for the $4.99/month fee is invaluable. Especially 411 etc. I find myself going through the news stuff all the time, most of the time it is the only news I ever get due to lifestyle heh. But it is a nice all in one app like Pocket Express obviously. Haven't looked to see what Pocket Express charges, but just didn't think $4.99 was bad for what you get.

My 2 cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    There is a purchase button in the dictionary screen but Ive never been prompted to buy it and I use it 2-3xs a month or so. Ive again never had to purchase it nor have I been prompted to do so.
    I'm slightly concerned with getting charged for these "Premium" Vision services. I never clicked buy either (that I can recall) but noticed they are now all enabled. I can view TV guide for my area, use 411..the dictionary. I will have to check my bill to see if charges show up.
    Im on SERO and my bill hasnt changed a penny since day one. (I never go over my minutes)
    There is no spoon.