1.    #1  
    when I first got my Treo 650 I kept it in a holster on my side. After a few months I noticed a strong tingling on my side under where the Treo sits. I then started putting it in my leg cargo pants pocket or bag and the tingling went away.
    after upgrading to a 755p I got myself a new belt clip (smartphone experts P6) which I like very much. Two days ago I noticed this tingling again and I am going to have to switch to my bag again which is so inconvenient. I am not the type to complain about 'ghostly' things, I consider myself to be very down to earth and am in good health and well educated. I know that I will probably get flamed for being under the grip of some delusion however I wanted to throw this out there. I know what I feel and this is the second time it's happened.
    I love my Treos and will keep using them however in addition to learning about ways to insulate my Treo from my body without carrying a lead-lined bag that looks stupid, is there anything out there (accessory or otherwise) designed to protect users?
    It's happened to me as well with both my 650 and 755p. My best guess is that where we have it resting is right on top of a nerve of some sort and that little bit of weight is pinching off the nerve. I sometimes mistake it for the Treo's vibrator going off!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I have felt it but always figure its a mental thing like the above poster thinking its the vibrator.
    I also have this tingle from time to time. Either it's a nerve, or the clip is pressing into your side, and when the pressure is released, you feel the tingle.

Personally, I almost always feel it when I'm driving and the seat belt is hitting my holster (I wear it on the left).

I'm not too concerned. (Heck, I'm not concerned at all!)

Tom
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    hmm I think I have felt this when the treo is in my pants pocket. I always think it is the phone vibrating. I never thought much about it until now. Has anyone felt this in thier pocket also?
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
  6. Buh
    I had the same thing going on... my Treo would be somewhere else, yet I would get a tingling/vibrating sensation on my thigh where my phone used to sit... Then there was this article I saw on digg.com several weeks back that discussed people having 'ghost vibrations' in the areas where they usually kept their mobile phones.

It basically said that many people are noticing it, regardless of the phone, and there were many theories. The one that made the most sense to me is that your body gets used to 'expecting' vibration in that area, so it is like you've amplified the pickup on your nerves in that area. Anything that would brush up against you, including your clothes, would alert you to something going on over there and it could even feel like a phone vibrating. I think I had a little bit of a muscle spasm, too ... but oddly enough, as soon as I read the article, I stopped getting those 'ghost vibrations'. That lead me to believe that my particular condition was just in my head, although it had been going on for at least a year.

So, my theories are :

1) Holster pinching a nerve
    2) 'Ghost tinglies' caused by your body 'expecting it'
    3) Small parasites that are now radioactive and have built a colony in your hip.

Basically, expirement ... if you can't get the sensation to go away, go to the doctor and have yourself checked out.
    Last edited by Buh; 07/17/2007 at 08:19 AM.
    Sidekick B&W > Sidekick Color > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p
    You are not crazy!
    Hey you wanna see what kind of radio waves it sends out?

Place your Treo right next to or under a CRT computer monitor then open blazer and download a web page and watch your monitor go nuts!!
    Not TOO MANY waves coming off the treo huh??

If you need a second opinion, do the same thing with it in front of your am radio in car etc

It seems worst when streaming radio ...

Kind of scary especially when I keep it next to my liver!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrySpammingMe View Post
    You are not crazy!

Place your Treo right next to or under a CRT computer monitor then open blazer and download a web page and watch your monitor go nuts!!

If you need a second opinion, do the same thing with it in front of your am radio in car etc

Liver? You don't need no stinkin' liver!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Did anyone have this same issue with a phone other than a 755p? I can't remember if it happened with my 650 too.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    Did anyone have this same issue with a phone other than a 755p? I can't remember if it happened with my 650 too.
    Yes

nextel i90, i90c, 600, 650, 700 and 755 although now I carry the 755 in my front pocket and havent felt it for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    I had it with my 650. Though to be perfectly honest, I carry the 755p in the same pouch on the same part of my hip as I did with the 650, so there's not much of a difference to be expected.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    What you all are feeling is most likely from you colon or perhaps clothing rubbing on you skin. You have trained yourself to look for the vibration of an incoming call, and anything that resembles this in this location is brought to your conscious mind. I remember this coming up several years ago with my 600, with most of the same comments. (Phantom phone calls on silent mode...)

No need to worry, just an example of the amazing things you can train yourself to do!
    You are not crazy!

This only works with GSM phones. When I put my CDMA phones near CRTs, radios, etc., nothing happens.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    This is too funny...I thought it was just me...Treo 600 and now the 755p in the same case and in the same place!
    Place witty signature here:
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    You are not crazy!

I am an ex-Army radio-operator, and I'm also quite active today in RF technologies, especially source identification and monitoring. The SAR level of the 755p is probably around a max 1.50. SAR stands for specific absortion rate, it is the amount of RF that the body absorbs, usually measured with the phone next to the head like you were talking on it while the transciever is operating. In the U.S. this is capped at 1.6 and in Europe at 2.0 in cell phones. By comparison, that big CRT PC monitor you speak of probably has a an SAR rating of around 5.0 at 10"

I've heard of RF affecting people, but were talking amounts in the range of 50mG and over. A cell phone won't even register above a 1.0 on most EMF detectors. Older uninsulated electrical equipment, like the circuit breaker boxes in older homes can put high levels of RF and EMF, and some people do have negative affects from that.

In addition, the Treo operates up in the UHF space where so many other higher powered devices run, that I'd worry more about the 800mhz trunking system your local PD might be using than a cell phone.