Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hello all. this board has been very helpfull to me and other. I got a suggestion for all of us who have had to do hard reset and loaded applications back one at a time. ( no need for all our hard work to go unnoticed ).

Today i had to do a hard reset and im loading each application back on one at a time .
    i was hoping to get others to post their results of that process so that we can get a better understanding of what applications are not working well with each other . We can start to pin point when the lags start, reset loops ect,
    I know the setting my be diffrent and overall treo maybe diffrent. However we can all see what maybe going on with these reset we are getting.

For me
    day one:
    hard reset loaded volume care back on my treo clean install.
    update 7:18pm
    so far so good volume care is back.
    then treo memo
    then zlauncher
    these where loaded one at a time with 2-3 hours apart,.
    Im going to load them in order of my needs and wants and what i feel is important to me .
    with zlauncher im not seeing any lags going from one application to another.

tomarrow 7/17/07 im planning on loading
    bug me
    treo weather
    2day
    I will post my results on then .

ok 7pm and no reset no on and off behavior. No lag.

Im half way there. im going to do a backup of this set so i can atleast go back to this point.

now the next ones will be one at a time. been thinking all day what to put on next.
    mundu
    dial by photo
    butler
    ringcare ????????????
    the last two will be lex spell and ring care

update 7/17/07 8pm
    mundu was re-installed .still no lags . I went into blazer and checked clear cashe on exit. No reset back up is running fine . Updated my doc to go .
    I think im going to add dial by photo next.

7/18/07 UPDATE I LOADED RING CARE BACK ON AND YOU GUESSED IT THE ON OFF RESET STARTED AGAIN. SO OFF MY TREO I TOOK IT
    I DID A HARD RESET AND BACKED IT UP FROM THE PRIOR ONE

7/19/07
    Bdictonary is back on my treo no reset no lags.

here is where i am now. I have ringcare ,butler and ringcare to add back to my treo now. I have tried ringcare and i get the on and off reset. I know there is an issue with lex spell .I did send the developer an email and no responce yet.

butler was on my treo for the alarm feature when treo alarm went belly up. so im at a cross road now. What do i add back i hate to waste money and i dont want an unstable treo.

This maybe just where this story will end . I have been 6 days without any strange behavior on my treo . I have most of my applications back on my treo and im happy

well i did add butler and i got a reset it said reset happen due to unknown application . deleted it using z launcher however it still remained on my treo so i had to delete it from the main treo screen.
    Im lost now . and at this point im giving up on these last application. I added ring care and there is a new bug . Reported it to developer.

***just for the record all of my games are on my sd card so no need for me to mention them. they are already there.
    If anyone suggest that i re-install them also let me know.

***Im thinking butler, dial by photo,lex spell AND MY TRIAL OF RING CARE ARE GOING TO ME THE ONES THAT WILL CAUSE THE PROBLEM
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 07/20/2007 at 08:01 PM.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    May I suggest keeping a backup from each day till you find a working combination. That way you could go back to a specific combintion (day) without having to reload everything.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    May I suggest keeping a backup from each day till you find a working combination. That way you could go back to a specific combintion (day) without having to reload everything.
    one step ahead of you i use backupman all the applications i have are located below
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Just to make this perfectly clear for our other readers. . . . . you did rename you "backup" folder (on the PC) 'backupold" before re-syncing to your userid? . . . . otherwise . . . all the old stuff would have been restored and you would be in exactly the same position you were prior to the hard reset. . . . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=11
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Just to make this perfectly clear for our other readers. . . . . you did rename you "backup" folder (on the PC) 'backupold" before re-syncing to your userid? . . . . otherwise . . . all the old stuff would have been restored and you would be in exactly the same position you were prior to the hard reset. . . . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=11
    one step even better than that . i renamed it to backupold and then moved it to my desktop . this is to just make sure that it doesnt get read .

back ups after each application using backup man
    clean install nothing taken from my sd card .
  7.    #7  
    starting to wonder if this is a case of the 30 day meltdown
    because all these applications where running ok . i did have random on and off behavior but it showed up every 20-30min once i downloaded ringcare.
  8.    #8  
    so far so good
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl View Post
    so far so good
    Great !

I have always steered away from the ring tone programs . . . Over the last 3 years, it seems that I have read many threads with issues regarding those programs.

As well, a hard reset and clean install can fix a "corrupted" installation of a third party program that is causing issues . . . . sometimes you get everything re-installed and never find the culprit . . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
  10.    #10  
    Great !

I have always steered away from the ring tone programs . . . Over the last 3 years, it seems that I have read many threads with issues regarding those programs.

As well, a hard reset and clean install can fix a "corrupted" installation of a third party program that is causing issues . . . . sometimes you get everything re-installed and never find the culprit . . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    thanks thats not what i wanted to hear. i wanted to find the problem .I like a stable treo
    check out my update . Still so far so good
    thanks thats not what i wanted to hear. i wanted to find the problem .I like a stable treo
    check out my update . Still so far so good
    What I have installed and use. . . . . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=57
  12.    #12  
    What I have installed and use. . . . . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=57
    wow thats alot and i thought i was doing something with my 1gig card
    my signature speaks for its self.
    i would like to watch movie on my treo when im on the road but dont wanna chance it now.
    i have a second 1gig card that has other stuff on it like my bible , games ect
  13.    #13  
    my Treo have been stable so far. Now what is the suggestion for ringcare?
    and butler?
    my Treo have been stable so far. Now what is the suggestion for ringcare?
    and butler?
    Anybody? (I have avoided these.)
    I have not had any problems with Butler. I don't use Ringcare. I try to stay away from ring managers. For some reason, those keep coming up with people that are having problems.
    I believe I have traced my resets to using ringo pro, I thought(and still do a little bit) that it might have been the BT Dun hack, but with ringo pro removed my treo seems to be pretty stable.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    I believe I have traced my resets to using ringo pro, I thought(and still do a little bit) that it might have been the BT Dun hack, but with ringo pro removed my treo seems to be pretty stable.
    suprise suprise i loaded ringcare back to my treo today and you guessed it the on off resets started all over again.
    so think i found my problem also

PLEASE LET THE DEVELOPER KNOW SO THAT WE CAN GET THIS SOLVED. I HAVE BEEN EMAILING HIM AND I GET THE FEELING THAT HE THINKS IS ONLY ME HAVING THIS PROBLEM.
    Ringo Pro and RingCare are two different applications - which is it that you believe to be causing issues for you ComedyTreoGirl?
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Ringo Pro and RingCare are two different applications - which is it that you believe to be causing issues for you ComedyTreoGirl?
    im using ring care . All my above post say ring care
    www.gotreosoftware.com

any other suggestions of other ringtone management programs?
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 07/19/2007 at 07:33 AM.
  20.    #20  
    Update i added butler back to my treo and it started waking up my treo . meaning turning on the back light . i deleted it from my treo.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast