1.    #1  
    hello all.

I recently had a problem with my 650 constantly resetting itself. The only way to stop this was to do a hard reset.

Now with the hard reset I tried to Hotsync but it is not working. For some reason my phone cant connect with my pc and it wont start the Hotsync. What can be the problem. I depend on my phone and the info from it daily. So my 650 is my life. Can you guys please help me?

ed
    Try it without hte cradle and just using the plug.

What is probably happening is the connection on the 650 is wearing down. I have the same issue and it takes wiggling, etc to get it to work.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by DwightKeenan View Post
    Try it without hte cradle and just using the plug.

What is probably happening is the connection on the 650 is wearing down. I have the same issue and it takes wiggling, etc to get it to work.
    whats an hte cradle? im using the usb plug cable.
    Sorry, I meant Cradle. Your plug could be wearing down on the Treo or the plug itself. I would try anotehr plug before I assume teh Treo is going bad.
    After hard reset, your 650 may not sync with your pc. You got to set it up again. On your 650, Open hotsync > goto "options" > select "connection setup" > select "new"
    >name: type your pc's name or any name you wish
    >connect to: (from dropdown menu) select "PC"
    >via: (from dropdown menu) select "cradle/cable"
    >select 'ok' > select 'done'.

Connect your usb cable to the pc and tap the hotsync symbol.

You should be able to sync normally if you cable is ok.
    Switch with the poster who can't stop hotsync.
    I normally blow air really hard into the end of my 650 before I sync. Then tell my assistant to hold all my calls. I then get the hot sync USB cable and gently fit hit into the 650, wriggling it very slowly praying for my hotsync icon to appear. After about 4-5 attempts it starts syncing. I cannot let go of the cable and I keep it pushed hard into the 650 until finished (about 5 minutes)-hence why I can't take a phone call.

I am not a techie but also depend on the phone to make a living. Hope this helps. Nothing wrong with phone it is the end of the USB cable might be out of alignment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrydann View Post
    I normally blow air really hard into the end of my 650 before I sync. Then tell my assistant to hold all my calls. I then get the hot sync USB cable and gently fit hit into the 650, wriggling it very slowly praying for my hotsync icon to appear. After about 4-5 attempts it starts syncing. I cannot let go of the cable and I keep it pushed hard into the 650 until finished (about 5 minutes)-hence why I can't take a phone call.

I am not a techie but also depend on the phone to make a living. Hope this helps. Nothing wrong with phone it is the end of the USB cable might be out of alignment.
    I had this happen and palm said its a known issue. Verizon replaced my phone no questions asked. I wish they went the mini usb route instead of this stupid connector.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    I had this happen and palm said its a known issue. Verizon replaced my phone no questions asked. I wish they went the mini usb route instead of this stupid connector.
    Still in warranty??

I never did many syncs on my phone until last month. And well, the connector is jacked (my charger in the car has the same issues - but the power side must stay plugged in). Of course, my 1 year warranty was up in May.

I'd rather not deal with the insurance side on getting it done - anyone think there is a chance of a replacement if i just drive up the hill to the Verizon Store? (3 kids and me not being the primary on the account prevent me from just stopping by LOL!).

It drives me insane - and i have to sync every 1-2 days now......

Thanks -
    Tracey
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    Dont assume the problem is in the phone..

Have you gone into programs in the pc.. palmone/hotsync... make sure it is open in your systray... right click it in there make sure local usb is checked...

then check hotsync setting on phone make sure it is on local with cradle /cable on the pull down menu

Thats all i got...good luck