1.    #1  
    Is there a way to prevent the 650 (VZW) from accessing the data network? I'm asking because my son wants my old 650 to use as a phone and PDA but doesn't want to spend $0/month for data. He is on the pay as you go plan - the only way to get the Teo activated, and wants to avoid accidental data use.

TIA
    Sure. Just create a new "dummy" service under Network prefs. Select it as the current service. If Treo does try to connect, no data.
    If you want to still use MMS, then purchase battery dr. Its $5.00 and it disconnects any data connections.
    Call Verizon customer service and ask them to put a datablock on the account. I think this can be done on a pre-paid phone, however I am not sure.
    but you lose the ability to use picture messaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by okyourabeast View Post
    Call Verizon customer service and ask them to put a datablock on the account. I think this can be done on a pre-paid phone, however I am not sure.
    I had called them a while back to try to block off data so I won't accidentally connect to the wrong network profile (I typically use dial-up), but they said that that can't be done. However, I was able to block SMS messages, incoming and outgoing, though (I've been getting some spam SMS messages from places like Vietnam...).
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro