Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Is Firmware v1.06 for the Verizon 700p available for download? And if so, does anybody know if you can downgrade from v1.10? I am asking because this network connection issue is getting beyond annoying and it doesn't look like Palm is going to address it considering that I've read that Sprint 700p users have been having this issue since June and Palm has said and done nothing. What I'm thinking of doing is getting the firmware on my phone back down to v1.06 and then installing some of the newer files from the v1.10 MR onto the phone without actually running the upgrade.
  2. noodle's Avatar
    Posts
    536 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    #2  
    I haven't found it, and unless someone fixes the custom rom tool and gets a true rom dump from 1.06 to use I don't think palm will release it, I don't ever remember them releasing downgrades.
    Even with a custom rom tool and a 1.06 back up, there my be other files/firmware not included...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
  3. #3  
    Just use the r2sd or Rom Transfer Extension.prc, it will extract the rom (and cause a soft reset)
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Just use the r2sd or Rom Transfer Extension.prc, it will extract the rom (and cause a soft reset)
    Okay, so if I get that software and use it, are you saying that once it's complete, i've got a complete ROM on my hands? If so, how would I go about applying the update? Do you think it would be possible to copy the 1.06 ROM files over the 1.10 files, replacing them and then running the installer for the 1.10 update to trick the installer into applying the 1.06 update? If so, I need to find somebody with the 1.06 update who can give me their ROM after running this tool. Let me know. Thanks!!!
  5. #5  
    I have recently purchased a Palm Treo750v (Vodafone network) and would now like to get more out of it rather than just using it for calls and use the MP3 player and camera to its full capacity.
    For this I need a 2GB memory card. On the Palm site it offers 2GB card for 51! Do I have to use Palm memory card or will any memory card work?
    Also how many songs would a 2Gb hold ? (approx)

    Also found these on another blog,

    Download this dbPower Amp music converter
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm


    Then download the ogg vorbis codec ogg vorbis codec
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-ogg-vorbis.htm


    Can somebody explain in lay-mans terms how I go about using these?

    Thanks

    Gruffer 99
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruffer99 View Post
    I have recently purchased a Palm Treo750v (Vodafone network) and would now like to get more out of it rather than just using it for calls and use the MP3 player and camera to its full capacity.
    For this I need a 2GB memory card. On the Palm site it offers 2GB card for 51! Do I have to use Palm memory card or will any memory card work?
    Also how many songs would a 2Gb hold ? (approx)

    Also found these on another blog,

    Download this dbPower Amp music converter
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm


    Then download the ogg vorbis codec ogg vorbis codec
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-ogg-vorbis.htm


    Can somebody explain in lay-mans terms how I go about using these?

    Thanks

    Gruffer 99
    You are in the wrong forum. This is for 700p owners.
  7. noodle's Avatar
    Posts
    536 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruffer99 View Post
    I have recently purchased a Palm Treo750v (Vodafone network) and would now like to get more out of it rather than just using it for calls and use the MP3 player and camera to its full capacity.
    For this I need a 2GB memory card. On the Palm site it offers 2GB card for 51! Do I have to use Palm memory card or will any memory card work?
    Also how many songs would a 2Gb hold ? (approx)

    Also found these on another blog,

    Download this dbPower Amp music converter
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm


    Then download the ogg vorbis codec ogg vorbis codec
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-ogg-vorbis.htm


    Can somebody explain in lay-mans terms how I go about using these?

    Thanks

    Gruffer 99

    Wow???
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
  8. noodle's Avatar
    Posts
    536 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    #8  
    I was under the impression there are powermanagement files changed in firmware, as well as no custom rom tool to update the device...a rom dump won't get you too far if this is the case...please correct me if I'm wrong.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    Okay, so if I get that software and use it, are you saying that once it's complete, i've got a complete ROM on my hands? If so, how would I go about applying the update? Do you think it would be possible to copy the 1.06 ROM files over the 1.10 files, replacing them and then running the installer for the 1.10 update to trick the installer into applying the 1.06 update? If so, I need to find somebody with the 1.06 update who can give me their ROM after running this tool. Let me know. Thanks!!!

    The r2sd is a complete RAW dump (you need winhex to dump it), of the IPL, SPL, TPL, ROM, and CC-CAP, and some MIDI ringtones.

    the Rom Transfer Extension is only the ROM dump.

    To flash it with the "Rom Updater", you need to zip the ROM back.

    However nobody has tried my risky method of flashing and prefers to "Officially" crash their Palm with palm's updates.

    See my howto and see if you understand, the howto is here at TC.

    A ROM is flashed based, you can't 'patch' a rom, you have to complete erase a sector and write a new one. Its more better if you have technological background.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
  10. #10  
    kocoman, clearly you know what you're doing....but it's like you aren't hooked up to a printer, as I can never understand what it is you're saying. Try from the beginning, because even if we don't have a technological background, it would be neat to know what it is you're talking about.....
  11. noodle's Avatar
    Posts
    536 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    #11  
    People aren't willing to go though all those steps, koco, once its put in a oneclick package that is verified to work on digg.com, they won't touch it...lol
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler

Posting Permissions