1.    #1  
    For the past few weeks, i'm finding a download message every now and then on my Sprint Treo 700p in the morning when I wake up asking if I want to save the file on the card or device - no matter what I choose, it says download timed out...

Here's what it says:

File: dl.prc
    From: http://dl.svs.palm.com/dl (rest goes off the screen)
    Size:691k

http://dl.svs.palm.com/ is "Bluefish Wireless" but I don't have any clue what that is. I did download the My Palm beta program but I thought I deleted it. Maybe I didn't get it all?

What program is downloading this? How can I find out what is going on?
    I had the same strange downloads during the night after I installed My Palm beta also.

When I got tired of it, (and a few days before I ran the new MR) I went into the preferences of My Palm (on the device) and turned off the "Automatic Updates" (stuff they want to tell you and sell you)

Then I deleted the main My Palm app and found a couple of other files with FILEZ that I am sure were related to it (cannot remember the names right now) then waited a few days.... no more updates or auto-downloads.

I ran the MR and then reinstalled all my normal apps from my SD card (BackupMan) and have not had any problems with it since.

Hope this helps.
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
    It is "My Treo" that is downloading it. You must have it set, or it does to update at a certain time of night. Go into the menu, and set it to not automatically update.
    Matty
  4.    #4  
    Ok, I get into My Treo (I do remember setting this to update a long ago but I didn't think it ever did it), but there's no place to disable it - the only menu is 'back, home, forward', and 'about'. Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Today being 1-14-2008, I have the same occurrance. I don't use bluetooth, and I don't think I have any "beta" software on my machine. I see from thread a reference to "mr" but can't say that I know what it is. A yahoo search only found this site as a referral to dl.prc.

As the last poster said: can't find a place to stop the update, and updates that surprise one, especially via the web, are canceled till figured out. Any thoughts or details to this?

dr
    Quote Originally Posted by drwiremore View Post
    Today being 1-14-2008, I have the same occurrance. I don't use bluetooth, and I don't think I have any "beta" software on my machine. I see from thread a reference to "mr" but can't say that I know what it is. A yahoo search only found this site as a referral to dl.prc.

As the last poster said: can't find a place to stop the update, and updates that surprise one, especially via the web, are canceled till figured out. Any thoughts or details to this?

dr
    Did you download and install the "My Palm" app that was offered quite a while ago... that is what I had to disable to stop the auto-downloads/updates.

The MR referred to the Palm OS & Sprint Maintenance Release software that was released last summer.

AB
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."