Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just purchased my 755p. my transcend sd card (4g) worked for one day and now the treo does not recognize it. help! I did a soft reset. no help. does the brand matter? what is HC? thanks!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I had the same issue. Try in this order. If you find/resolve the problem, you don't need to go to the next step. My problem turned out to be a bad card.

1. Check card to see if it is functioning properly.
    2. Hard reset.
    3. Take to Sprint Store and have a technician check/fix/replace phone.
    Pop the card in and out, or clean the contacts with a toothpick.
    Worked for me.
    Handspring Visor with Sprint Springboard - Treo 270 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Iphone 3gs
    To test to see if it is a 3rd party app/pref issue, do a warm reset. Reset while pressing and holding the up on 5 way nav. If card is seen then it is a 3rd party app/pref issue.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    To test to see if it is a 3rd party app/pref issue, do a warm reset. Reset while pressing and holding the up on 5 way nav. If card is seen then it is a 3rd party app/pref issue.
    Do you use RingCare? This problem started for me when i used an earlier version of that program. Jeff Gibson recently enhanced the program to fix this issue. If you're not using RingCare you should check it out...it's a great program PLUS it will fix this problem for you!
    I had a similar issue with a Transcend 4GB. Every few days or so it would just start wonking out, filenames would get messed up etc, and then my 755p would just not recognize it. I would have to re-format it in my laptop's card reader. After about a month of this, it would not format anymore. Currently I am waiting for a replacement. Meanwhile I am using a 2GB Sandisk card and am not experienceing the issue.
  7.    #7  
    It must be the TRanscend SD. I did what you did......bought a sandisck 2g....no problems at all! (I also tried the transcend on my wife's treo....it did not work either.)
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    My Transcend 4G card died after 3 weeks so I got a Toshiba 4G card and although it is recognized by the 755, it tests out extremely slow after I formatted it in the Treo. I tried formatting it in my PC with similar results. What is weird is that before I formatted it (first time I popped it into the 755), it tested with excellent speed. After formatting, it's been essentially unusable.

My 2G Sandisk card works just fine with very good speed. Could the Treo be defective? I've only installed Goodlink and Mundu, so I can't imagine it's an app conflict.

I guess the next step would be to stick the card in another Treo. Perhaps the card is defective?

Any thoughts or parallel experiences?
  9.    #9  
    Yes, the same experience. Transcend 4g failed to be recognized occasioally. Sandsicl 2 g works fine. I tested it in two different treos.
  10. Buh
    Just a quick question for you guys with the Transcend cards that stopped working...

were you removing them from your treo much? I have had mine for just over a week and so far, so good. I don't intend to remove the card ever (except for upgrade), and I'm curious if any of you think that handling the card might have rushed its demise?

I'm really hoping these cards were/are just a good deal, not a failure waiting to happen.
    Sidekick B&W > Sidekick Color > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p
    I considered the Transcend 4GB card but went with a 2GB Sandisk card when I saw they were on sale this week (July 15th) at CompUSA -- $25 for the card and SD adapter.

Works perfectly.
    When I got my 755p, I originally bough a Patriot 2GB miniSD from Fry's, but it had similar flakiness in both my PC and my device. I replaced it with a Kingston unit and it's worked great for the last month.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buh View Post
    Just a quick question for you guys with the Transcend cards that stopped working...

were you removing them from your treo much? I have had mine for just over a week and so far, so good. I don't intend to remove the card ever (except for upgrade), and I'm curious if any of you think that handling the card might have rushed its demise?

I'm really hoping these cards were/are just a good deal, not a failure waiting to happen.
    I suspect the latter, I'm afraid. I never removed the Transcend after first installation. Based on personal experience and dozens of others I've read, I strongly suspect a very lax QC situation with that brand. That sure would help keep costs low.
    I have the Tranceng 4GB miniSDHC class 2 card, and I remove it every day to load podcasts on it from my computer. I have not had any problems at all with the PC or the Treo 755 recognizing the card. I bought a sandisk mobile card reader that supports SDHC, and it works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by syarost View Post
    I have the Tranceng 4GB miniSDHC class 2 card, and I remove it every day to load podcasts on it from my computer. I have not had any problems at all with the PC or the Treo 755 recognizing the card. I bought a sandisk mobile card reader that supports SDHC, and it works great.
    My Transcend 4GB card is a Class 2 as well and I have not had any problems with it. I remove it every once in awhile to change mp3's and movies.

Those of you that have had problems with Transcend, were they Class 2 or Class 4 cards?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    My Transcend 4GB card is a Class 2 as well and I have not had any problems with it. I remove it every once in awhile to change mp3's and movies.

Those of you that have had problems with Transcend, were they Class 2 or Class 4 cards?

Class 2
    Well, my 4gb Transcend was working rather stable, I had the occasional need to pop it in and reset it. I NEVER take it out really, only if it isn't recognized. Well, today I was playing around with some pictures and poof. Gone. Can't read, can't format, can't even use a restore program on it. Funny, card info lists it as a "Lexat SmI-5" even though its a Transcend. Weird corruption.

I ordered two non-Transcend cards to try them out. Anyone want an extra?

*sigh* I hate poorly manufactured products...
    Handspring Visor with Sprint Springboard - Treo 270 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Iphone 3gs
    Which Toshiba 4gb card should I buy? I'd like the fastest card that's compatible with the 755p. Should I look for the "miniSDHC" or just a "miniSD"?
    I got the Toshiba MiniSDHC card. Class 4 - have had no trouble with it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I got the Toshiba MiniSDHC card. Class 4 - have had no trouble with it at all.
    Ordered. Thanks. I'll report back if there are any problems.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast