Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Since, as far as I can tell SanDisk appears to be the SD brand of choice, I noticed that they do make a 4GB micro SD card with mini sd adapter. Do you think that this would be preferable to the aforementioned "shaky" 4GB options? Would it even be compatible with the 755P?
    Ok, just got a topram 4gb. So far no go. Won't format on PC or 755. Cardinfo shows it ok at 3800k free, but not even fileprog will format it, with that I get sys 050a error... Hmnn... I know my cardread supports this, it worked with my Transcend.... argh.... Why CHANGE SOMETHING THAT WORKS PALM!?!?
    Handspring Visor with Sprint Springboard - Treo 270 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Iphone 3gs
    Wish I had read this thread before buying a Transcend. Got mine yesterday. DOA. Couldn't read it in Palm or reader. I have emailed for an RMA number. In the meantime, after more research, I ordered a Toshiba 4Gb from Geeks. It was actually cheaper by a couple bucks. Hope I have better luck with it.

It is killing me that I can't load a bunch of my favorite applications because I have to wait for memory.
    A couple of weeks ago my Treo 755p stopped recognizing the microSD card (4gig Transcend). I am also using Card Reader to connect the card to my computer. Anywho, I found a workaround to get the Treo to recognize the card. I launch Card Reader, tell it to connect to the computer (without the USB plugged in), pop out the card, wait a second, put the card back in, disable the Card Reader software and VIOLA, it recognizes the card again.

FWIW

Chris
    A couple of weeks ago my Treo 755p stopped recognizing the microSD card (4gig Transcend). I am also using Card Reader to connect the card to my computer. Anywho, I found a workaround to get the Treo to recognize the card. I launch Card Reader, tell it to connect to the computer (without the USB plugged in), pop out the card, wait a second, put the card back in, disable the Card Reader software and VIOLA, it recognizes the card again.

FWIW

Chris
    my 1st card was a 2gb kingston, that worked about 30 mins before becoming unreadable, rma'd it back to the egg...

desperate for a card I picked up a 1gb sandisk from a local brick & motar to hold me over until I could order a 4gb

ordered a 4gb toshiba... it was working fine until it became corrupted & unreadable while transfering data using the card reader app... Normally I would'nt use "treo as card reader" s/w, but my pc's card reader doesn't read sdhc....

so now I'm back to the 1gb sandisk which works flawlessly... I just decided to stick with the sandisk, and stream what I can't fit on the card via orb... if I do order another toshiba, I will order a sdhc card reader also, and stay away from the treo as a card reader apps...
    HTC Touch Pro
    I got my TopRam working. Dunno how. We'll see how long it lasts. Sure seems like the new Card slot is totally unreliable...
    Handspring Visor with Sprint Springboard - Treo 270 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Iphone 3gs
    Does anyone make a 8GB MiniSD card for the 755p yet?

I was just about to get an 8 for my 700p but it died so now I'm looking for something for the 755p that's bigger than 4GB (if possible).

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Quote Originally Posted by garylapointe View Post
    Does anyone make a 8GB MiniSD card for the 755p yet?

Gary
    After my brother telling me about his 8Gb troubles...Palm doesn't natively read it...I decided to stick with 4Gb.
    I have the Class 4 Toshiba 4-gig card and it is too slow. I probably wouldn't care, but it does me no good when CallRec picks up 4 seconds of conversation, then drops a word, then picks up another 4 seconds then drops another word. Uh...what was that very important phone number again.

Totally irritating. So if a 4-gig can't work fast enough, I shudder to think how laggy an 8-gig would be.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I got the Toshiba MiniSDHC card. Class 4 - have had no trouble with it at all.
    Ordered the same one from Geeks here: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=SD-S04GR4W
    Quote Originally Posted by vfrjim View Post
    Ordered the same one from Geeks here: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=SD-S04GR4W
    This is the same card I bought and am complaining about.
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    So if a 4-gig can't work fast enough, I shudder to think how laggy an 8-gig would be.
    But since it's got more bits packed on it, the R/W heads don't need to travel as far to get the data so it should be faster...

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Has anyone tried the cards on eBay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/4GB-MiniSD-Memor...QQcmdZViewItem

will they work?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    This is the same card I bought and am complaining about.
    My card arrived and I inserted it, recognized it immediately, so I reformatted it in the 755P, then proceeded to back up my 755P with Resco Explorer, verified it and no problems. Maybe you have a defective card or device?
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro869 View Post
    I got my TopRam working. Dunno how. We'll see how long it lasts. Sure seems like the new Card slot is totally unreliable...
    Don't think it is the slot so much as the cards. Many people having problems with certain cards (including me with Transcend.) Toshiba has been 100% reliable.
    My card arrived and I inserted it, recognized it immediately, so I reformatted it in the 755P, then proceeded to back up my 755P with Resco Explorer, verified it and no problems. Maybe you have a defective card or device?
    He didn't say it wasn't recognized. He said it was too slow when he uses CallRec. A type 6 card would be 50% faster and probably fix his issue.

I have the Class 4 Toshiba 4-gig card and it is too slow. I probably wouldn't care, but it does me no good when CallRec picks up 4 seconds of conversation, then drops a word, then picks up another 4 seconds then drops another word. Uh...what was that very important phone number again.
    How's the Music playback on this card?

thats what im gonna be usin it for and video
    ok my 4gb toshiba miniSD has stopped working after a week....
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I got the Toshiba MiniSDHC card. Class 4 - have had no trouble with it at all.
    Mine has been working with zero problems for several weeks now.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast