1.    #1  
    Is there a free app of Yahoo Mesenger that works perfectly on Treo 680? tnx..
    Post the URL wer i can download it..

tnx so much!

Tia!
    N3210 > N6210 > N7650 > N3650 > SE K700i > Treo 680 > Treo Pro...
    a free IM app for treo that works perfectly would be nice. I am unfortunately not aware of any. Mundu messenger 4.0 is very stable for yahoo IM. Its not free but its 11dollars I believe. You can get the url by googling mundu and palm.
    Pretty sad when every mobile phone has some form of free app for Yahoo and MSN. I refuse to pay for something that should be free. There should be Java apps for this, but Java won't run in the background.
    you can use the wap/mobile version

http://m.yahoo.com
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    All the comments there say it doesn't work.

If you have AT&T service, there's a free AIM/MSN/Yahoo client available. It uses SMS for the messages, though, instead of data. It also uses data for something (not sure what, but it connects when I log in).

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/me...-messaging.jsp

Edit: well, that link doesn't have the download. The client is by Thumbspeed. I don't remember now where I got it, but I think it was somewhere on AT&T's website.

Edit: Okay, it's off the Media Net home page (from your Treo), then Mail & Messenging and finally Mobile IM.
    Last edited by Keleko; 07/16/2007 at 10:11 AM.
    There is also this Gizmo thing about, which is Chatopus but free it seems.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I like MunduIM, once tech support helps me get it working again!

is the AT&T application Palm OS native or is it java?
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    The AT&T application is a native app.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    can someone post pictures of it by chance? does it work with SMS, not internet? work with 600? thanks!

I got my friend a unlocked Treo 600 today for her birthday, she doesn't have internet but has unlimited SMS on AT&T. Id love to be able to put an AIM program of some kind on there for her.
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    can someone post pictures of it by chance? does it work with SMS, not internet? work with 600? thanks!

I got my friend a unlocked Treo 600 today for her birthday, she doesn't have internet but has unlimited SMS on AT&T. Id love to be able to put an AIM program of some kind on there for her.
    It may not be compatible, I doubt they went back and tested on the T600. It also is a hi-res app I believe, and the T600 is low-res.
    Does the AT&T app run off data charges or text messaging?
    m100 Zire 72 Treo 650 Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by employedslacker View Post
    Does the AT&T app run off data charges or text messaging?
    Each IM incoming and outgoing are sent as text messages.

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/me...-messaging.jsp
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    It does seem to use data as well, but not for the actual messages. I think it uses the data to get the buddy lists.