Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hi there,

I bought a treo 680 unlocked on ebay when I was in US recently. It was originally under cingular. I was able to use it under T mobile in Nashville for about three weeks before I came back to Malaysia a few days ago.

In Malaysia, I use a local carrier celcom (celcom.com.my) on that treo quite successfully. Until today that is.

I installed an update available on palm website http://palmone.r3h.net/downloads.pal...topUpdater.zip and after the installation completed, my phone can't be used anymore. It keeps rebooting when it reaches the SIM PIN stage.

I believe what happen is that the phone ROM is now locked by to cingular/ATT and hence, won't work in Malaysia when it could not find an ATT sim card.

I would like to know if your unlock service would be able to solve this problem.

Thank you

asmawi
    Greetings,

you may want to look through the this thread. It is "sticky" on this site.

jamesgangut 680 Custom Rom 05/30/2007, 05:00 PM

Was your phone an original unlocked 680 ?

I purchased a Crimson unlocked from the Palm website in December 2006
    Two days ago I installed the custom rom #2 and all went smoothly.

Phone, Internet, GPRS, MMS, SMS and all my programs worked as before.

I also use Celcom3G in Malaysia (Penang)

I did have some troubles before and after the update with the MMS part, but I took it to Wisma Celcom in Penang and they sorted it. Had to do the 3G network on a 2g card so the APN was wrong. Now works fine.

Good Luck

Larry