Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    been suffering many issues with my 700p lately (am sure at least some self inflicted). In any event have become all too familiar with remove battery cover, grab paperclip and push while holding the 5way up
    Desk now has several out of shape paperclips
    Had to do the reset in the car the other day and had nothing to fit (ended up taking my watch off and using the buckle part that usually goes thru hole in strap)
    I grabbed my 600 and tried swapping stylus but yech

My question ... what do others use besides paperclips ensuring they always have access to whatever 'that' is (scotchtaped toothpick inside battery cover or ) ? I hope I'm not missing the obvious (I searched - amazing how many hits you can get on TreoCentral using the word reset )
    How about just taking the battery out, since you're already there?

I bought a Seidio battery cover, with the hole cut out (you don't need one) and I use my stylus. Do you no longer have one?

You could also track down what's causing it and remove it. I rarely have to reset mine (I do it every now and then, just because I have OCD) so it should be a pretty stable device.

I know I'm going to get a lot of responses because of that, but, whatever.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I do not have to reset very often but when I do I just take the battery out for 5-10 seconds and put it back in.
    I must be missing something. Why not just use the stylus in the reset hole?
    That's what I was thinking.
    I wish my 755P had a reset button. I hate having to take the battery out when it freezes.

Yeah, the Seidio battery cover with the reset hole will save you from headaches that would be caused from having to pull the battery out whenever your 700P freezes.
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 07/14/2007 at 10:33 PM.
    I mainly bought the battery cover because I had the rubberized Seidio case thing, which has a hole in it. I figured it would be easier than taking everything apart. I use a regular battery cover with my 650, which I kept naked.

I did buy a battery cover, so, if anyone wants it, I'm willing to sell it for $5.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    How about just taking the battery out, since you're already there?

I bought a Seidio battery cover, with the hole cut out (you don't need one) and I use my stylus. Do you no longer have one?

You could also track down what's causing it and remove it. I rarely have to reset mine (I do it every now and then, just because I have OCD) so it should be a pretty stable device.

I know I'm going to get a lot of responses because of that, but, whatever.
    I was going to buy a Seidio battery cover (with a hole in it) for my Verizon 700p, but everywhere I have looked, it's out of stock. So, I took a chance and whipped out my power drill and drilled a hole in the original battery cover after some careful calculation to make sure I got it aligned right. It worked and I saved a few bucks and didn't have to wait for the cover to get back into stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I must be missing something. Why not just use the stylus in the reset hole?
    As fireman50 also mentioned, I'm sort of wondering about this myself. Why not just crack open the cover and use the stylus in the reset hole? I'm probably missing something.
    As others mentioned here, use your stylus to reset your 700p. It's much more convenient than a paperclip or a watch buckle.

And I definitely recommend getting Seidio's battery cover with the reset hole. Just make sure you get the right carrier color. Before I got this cover, I almost dropped my Treo a few times trying to remove the battery cover. I guess I just have butter fingers.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Very unscientific response...
    I read in the forums that removing the battery periodically is recommended.
    I tried that and had all sorts of problems afterwards.
    Given the buggy nature of the 700p, I can't say for sure that the problem were all due to the battery removal, or just coincidence, but I would be one to advise against popping it out too often.
    See thread
    Hey.....

Get mReset, install it into RAM and set it to a favorites button, maybe 'M' or 'R'?

Then press the 'button' to soft reset, hold the up arrow down and press the 'button' for a warm reset, or press and hold the red power button down and press the 'button' for a hard reset.

mReset works great on the 700p. you don't have to mess with battery cover. I don't know if it works on the 755p.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-367.html

Quote Originally Posted by TR30 View Post
    As others mentioned here, use your stylus to reset your 700p. It's much more convenient than a paperclip or a watch buckle.
    I don't know why, maybe I skimmed the first post, but I thought he had used his belt buckle.
    The only problem I've had with those Reset apps is that if you're phone's really screwy, you can't press buttons or access the menus to get to the program. This would happen sometimes on my 650, I've never had my 700p get to that stage. Although, sometimes after work, it is unresponsive. I'm not quite sure how that happens though.
    No paper clip or belt buckle needed, the tip of your stylus is designed to fit on the rest hole and so double as a convenient reset tool.

Like others have said, there must be a software issue causing so many resets, I would recommend a hard reset followed by a couple of days without any installed apps to see if the fault is with the device itself (if so, exchange it).

After ruling out device problems, install one app at a time, do not restore or hotsync what was on the RAM before, this will allow you to find which application(s) may be causing your problems and take corrective action.

You may want to list the current applications in your 700; perhaps we can be more helpful by knowing what you have installed.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I fashioned my own reset hole in my battery cover and my hard skin case. (it was fun and I saved myself $15-20)

After reading this thread tho Ive downloaded MReset so Ill try that.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    USR Pilot 5000->3Com PalmPilot Pro->Palm IIIx->Palm 515->Palm TT3->Treo 700p->HTC Touch Pro->Palm Pre->HTC Evo
    Yea, that's worth saying twice. Hobbyist's Reset is free. His Initiate software also has the ability to reset the device using Menu-S.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Those reset utilities are great until your Treo freezes and you have to either remove the battery or press the reset button anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Those reset utilities are great until your Treo freezes and you have to either remove the battery or press the reset button anyway.
    Can't help but agree . My resets are usually needed when the thing is frozen. No software reset is going to fix that.

And..the stylus point is my reset tool of choice. They finally got it right. But in defense, in past devices the reset did require a tiny little pointer. Though in those days the tip of the stylus tended to unscrew and reveal the appropriate tool.

Am I to understand there is no reset button on the 755?? Another reason (along with the tinier memory cards) I'm glad I did not wait for Verizon to come up with one.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast