Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We are all probably well aware of what a "hard reset" does....

But what happens differently internally to the Treo between a "soft reset" and a "warm reset" or are they the same thing, just different ways of saying it?
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
    A soft reset just reboots the Treo and clears the DB Cache.

A warm reset puts the Treo into safe mode. Which turns the phone radio off and shuts down all apps and apps running in the hede or background.

This is handy after install an app that throws your Treo into a continuous rreset loop. Safe mode will alow you to delete that app that caused the loop.

I get naked first.
    Matty
    Then I do NOT want to know what you poke in the reset hole!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    A soft reset just reboots the Treo and clears the DB Cache.

A warm reset puts the Treo into safe mode. Which turns the phone radio off and shuts down all apps and apps running in the hede or background.

This is handy after install an app that throws your Treo into a continuous rreset loop. Safe mode will alow you to delete that app that caused the loop.

Thanks treotraveler....

I could not find documentation explaining it that way... very helpful because I know I will have one of "those" apps one day and need to warm reset.
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
  6.    #26  
    for all those who asked - why not stick your stylus in the hole - I plead insanity
    Am a creature of habit and with my prior treos the stylus did not fit - so I would unscrew it, get the reset tool, and use it.
    Never thought to even try the stylus of the 700 - just cursed those who removed the tool embedded in the stylus and went scrounging for paperclips, toothpicks yada yada
    Thanks to all who pointed out the obvious
    For those who commented on stability - am aware and indicated that my issues are to at least some extent self inflicted by adding and removing software as the spirit moves me and not having installed Northglide or other program to ensure removal of residual crud.
    Short strokes - am now prodding my baby with the stylus as I munch many spoonfuls of humble pie Thanks to all
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12