1.    #1  
    It worked great for a while, but now my 680 is freaking out. Among it's issues: I can charge it forever and it will never reach 100% and turn the led green. So what, not a big deal. Well, it will never go below 99%, either. It will say 99% right up until the battery dies and then the phone will refuse to come back on for minutes or hours, even when plugged in.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Sounds like your Treo has gotten a little confused. Have you tried removing the battery, leaving it out for a minute, and then putting it back in? Sometimes that will put things back in order. You could also have a battery problem and not a Treo problem.
    Weird...try a spare/new battery and see if it does the same thing...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsnadel View Post
    Sounds like your Treo has gotten a little confused. Have you tried removing the battery, leaving it out for a minute, and then putting it back in? Sometimes that will put things back in order. You could also have a battery problem and not a Treo problem.
    Yes, many times, for up to 10 minutes.

I can't even do a hard reset on it.

I'm hoping it's a battery problem, maybe I'll find a store tomorrow and see if they can help.
    If your doing it properly and your treo cannot hard reset then it's broken.
  6.    #6  
    I called AT&T, who list the wrong number on their website btw, and they told me I needed to exchange phones. So, I did. I'm getting the exact same behavior from the new one.

So, either I have the worst luck in the universe, or something is wrong with my battery (or maybe SIM?)
    They didn't change the battery? Yes, most Lithium Ion's have intelligence built in when it comes to reporting charge and charging, etc.. That's the first thing you should have tried, really..
    I have two 1300 Seidios and they go crazy any time I switch from one to the other. They charge to 100% in about 15 minutes, and discharge to zero in about the same time. After several cycles (three or four), they once again act normally. But if I switch to the other one, the same misbehavior occurs.