Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    I am looking at getting a Treo but my fear is how fragile it will be compared to my nextel. What are my options for this? I am a firefighter so I need a heavy duty case so some kind that will take a bit of water mist, dust, or keep the treo from getting all scratched up.
    Last edited by tritan; 07/25/2007 at 09:47 PM.
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  2. #2  
    Look into Otterbox cases. They offer top notch protection although they are a bit pricy.
  3. CPL Radar's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #3  
    I second the Otterbox, while I don't have one for my Treo yet, I do have them for my GPS, and Laptop. Both have 3 tours of duty in the middle east and performed flawlessly.
  4. #4  
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  5. #5  
    I've used my treo as a doorstop, and a meat tenderizer, but never to cut grass with...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6. #6  
    Munk, you don't know what you are missing. All you need is a lawn mower, some duct tape and your treo. Guaranteed to cut grass 20% cleaner.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  7.    #7  
    What about a weekend belt clip case of some kind?
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  8.    #8  
    How big is that case you some ones hands. I would love to see a shot of that case up to your head. Anybody?
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tritan View Post
    How big is that case you some ones hands. I would love to see a shot of that case up to your head. Anybody?
    Yeah I'd like to see the same. The Treo is large enough as it is
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  10.    #10  
    I did a google and can't find any pics of the device in the otterbox case and then in the velco pouch they show that fits the otterbox. I emailed otterbox and the 755p case does fit the velcro pouch they make for the other cases.


    update found this image but it looks like an ad.

    http://www.geardiary.com/wp-content/...eo_case_01.JPG
    Last edited by tritan; 07/15/2007 at 08:11 PM.
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  11.    #11  
    Where is a good place to purchase this otterbox case? i found they have a pouch for carrying the case around in which would be nice. I also read some info on the hard cases scratching off the paint of the 755P anybody have this problem? I read it on sprint users.com.
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  12. fredd0's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    I've used my treo as a doorstop, and a meat tenderizer, but never to cut grass with...
    every time i see the tite i think the same thing
  13. #13  
    I put my Treo in shorts with long pockets, no problems.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  14.    #14  
    got your attention didn't it>
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  15.    #15  
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductI...cry_rub_hl.jpg


    What about this case anybody try this one?

    I love the idea of a rubber skin as I use a speck tough skin case for my ipod well cutting the grass. don't know what is a better deal the otter box with pouch or this with clip.
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by tritan View Post
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductI...cry_rub_hl.jpg


    What about this case anybody try this one?

    I love the idea of a rubber skin as I use a speck tough skin case for my ipod well cutting the grass. don't know what is a better deal the otter box with pouch or this with clip.
    Save some money and get the palm air case (i know what everyone is thinking, i have been pushing this one a lot, but it is cheap)

    It runs about 20 on amazon (it was 15 and now its gone up)

    Search for 3324WW on amazon.com i really like the fact that this has a case and holster. The plastic is a bit thicker but i think that helps it hold up longer.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by princealyy View Post
    Save some money and get the palm air case (i know what everyone is thinking, i have been pushing this one a lot, but it is cheap)

    It runs about 20 on amazon (it was 15 and now its gone up)

    Search for 3324WW on amazon.com i really like the fact that this has a case and holster. The plastic is a bit thicker but i think that helps it hold up longer.
    I will take a look at it and see what it does.
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  18. #18  
    I carried my 700P in a Krusell leather clip on case. I dropped it on the freeway doing 80 on my moto and the phone case barely got scratched.

    The worst damage was the antenna, and that will not be a problem on the 755. The case is also now useless... but it did its job!
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez View Post
    I carried my 700P in a Krusell leather clip on case. I dropped it on the freeway doing 80 on my moto and the phone case barely got scratched.

    The worst damage was the antenna, and that will not be a problem on the 755. The case is also now useless... but it did its job!

    Nice story thanks for sharing.
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!

Posting Permissions