View Poll Results: Are you having post-MR data connection problems?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 71.19%
  • No

8 13.56%
  • I did at first, but it's been solved

9 15.25%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    First, a big thank you to all those who have already installed the Verizon MR and are posting your results. After all the sporadic talk of post-MR data connection problems, I'd like to simply ask that everyone who's installed the MR respond to this poll so that we can try fairly gauge how pervasive it is - I know it's unscientific, too many other variables, but at least we'll get some sense. Thanks.

Let's define data connection problems for this poll as:
    • You are running the Verizon MR
    • Your data connection is dropping out or failing to connect when you know it should succeed
    • This is new problem, post-MR
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    My MR honeymoon was brief. Phone is phantastic, camera is great, data connection is spotty now, whereas prior to MR it was solid. Looking for clues and eventually a fix, hopefully...
    I never saw an "error 3000" on any Treo until applying this MR. Now, I can connect maybe one out of ten times. Refurb unit on the way, hoping it has the old firmware. Given how widespread this problem appears to be, for both Sprint and Verizon users, you have to wonder where the quality control is. Very frustrating experience.
    I had horrible data connection issues post MR.I tried every suggestion offered in this forum.Nothing helped.I had my phone swapped out for a new 700p with the 1.10 software installed....i had the same problems with the new phone.I then went back to the store again and demanded a phone with the old firmware 1.06.Now everything is back to normal.This upgrade has serious problems.I wonder if those that report no issues actually use data that often.Can someone who has had the update for almost a week chime in and say they are heavy data users and have had no data error messages etc?.To me the bluetooth and occasional freezes I get with 1.06 are far easier to deal with than unreliable data service...
  5. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I had the issue with data not connecting at all under a 1X connection. I solved it by checking the option to keep the phone connected to data whenever on, in Network prefs. Sometimes it will still refuse to connect initially, but it does after another try. I think this might happen because I'm in an area where EVDO drops out and back and forth, and it confuses the phone.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM View Post
    I had the issue with data not connecting at all under a 1X connection. I solved it by checking the option to keep the phone connected to data whenever on, in Network prefs. Sometimes it will still refuse to connect initially, but it does after another try. I think this might happen because I'm in an area where EVDO drops out and back and forth, and it confuses the phone.
    Yeah, it takes me 1-3 times to connect when the Treo initially refuses to connect, although the phone is still showing EV. This is definitely not solving the problem, though, and I never had this trouble before the MR.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    A tech at the Verizon store in Mesa, AZ near Fiesta Mall told me that they were having a problem with the network. They attempted to switch 54 (I think the number he told me) cells over to a different router station with higher capacity. It failed and they were trying to get the problem resolved. It sounds like this would only be a problem in the Phoenix Metropolitan area, but I am not sure. It is an unfortunate coincidence that it occurred the same week as he MR release for Verizon. It is possible that this could be the cause of network problems.
    Palm IIIx -> Sprint Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 600 -> Verizon Treo 700P -> Verizon Motorola Moto Q 9m
    Jabra JX10 -> Motorola HS-850 -> Aliph Jawbone

Arizona Criminal Attorney |
    Arizona DUI Attorney
    I keep getting the "error 3000" message too. A soft reset always fixes it, but I'm on my 10th reset of the day. Vz is sending me a refurb unit. If it has the same error (provided it is on v1.10) then I will continue to send it back until they get it right.
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    All I have to say is bla bla bla - this is totally terrible. I too am having the error 3000 message and I am in SoCal. I live in a 1X area and it is totally unacceptable. All this time for “extra testing” is a pure joke. I am upset at Palm and at Verizon. I asked for a different type of unit, they say, “Well, you can upgrade” — and what, pay again?? No thank you please. If it wasn’t that I needed a palm for to sync with my pim on the Mac, I would be going elsewhere. Who knows, I may double input on another devise, but I doubt that I will stay with Palm or Verizon.

What is really a drag is that the Bluetooth is finally working and the phone itself works so much better - arghhhhhhh!
    Last edited by sbdaigo; 07/14/2007 at 09:11 PM.
    I updated Friday, always keep my 700P connected to the network and just got my first "error 300" in the Washington DC area. It finally connected when I did it through Network in Preferences. Will see how often this happens.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    The MR did nothing but make things worse. I did a hard reset before I did upgrade. With no 3rd party apps loaded, the lag is just as bad as ever. I now experience the connection problems that others are commenting on. I have been so disgusted with it, I haven't even bothered to try Bluetooth yet. I am amazed that it took over a year to come out with an upgrade and my phone is worse off for it. I cannot wait until my contract is up to dump this piece of crap.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    Yeah, it takes me 1-3 times to connect when the Treo initially refuses to connect, although the phone is still showing EV. This is definitely not solving the problem, though, and I never had this trouble before the MR.
    Same here, never had this issue. Could not connect to a site with Blazer, went to another app and the device reset. When it came back up it connected very fast to the sites (green connection lines instead of the grey from before). I'm in an EV area and getting mail is not an issue. Never had this before and for me this is not a big deal but still, should not be happening. Overall I'm pleased, so far, with the MR. But would like the connectivity to not be an issue at all.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    I noticed that if I cant connnect, I cant connect no matter how many times I try.
    The check box does nothing g\for me. Im in a strong EVDO location.
    BUT if I turn the phone off (airpalne mode kinda off) and back on it conncts without a hitch.
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
  14.    #14  
    Thanks for the responses thus far everyone, they sure are informative. And that "No" column sticking firmly on zero is especially informative. Is there really no one out there who hasn't had the data connections problems post-MR?
    well lets hope for a "1.10a" to fix this. I'd love to get the sporadic resets and bluetooth issues resolved. But internet connectivity is a show stopper. Must have! I'm just glad my attempt to update via hotsync did not work. Otherwise I'd be fighting the battle now.
    I am Sprint(sorry for intruding) but were have been having the same issue since June 4th. The MR for both carriers has a serious network flaw. RTN resets help only for a few days. Nothing seems to "cure" it.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD View Post
    I keep getting the "error 3000" message too. A soft reset always fixes it, but I'm on my 10th reset of the day. Vz is sending me a refurb unit. If it has the same error (provided it is on v1.10) then I will continue to send it back until they get it right.
    (quoting myself)

Turns out (as another person reported), that simply shutting the phone off and back on again gets be connected to data. Still, a total PITA.
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD View Post
    (quoting myself)

Turns out (as another person reported), that simply shutting the phone off and back on again gets be connected to data. Still, a total PITA.
    Yup, that's the only way I can get connected back onto the network. Total PITA.
    Aarrrgghhhh! I can't believe this problem. I was going to wait and see if there were any problems with the MR but got anxious and tried installing it anyways. I really wish I had not done that now.

When I talked to Verizon a few hours ago, they did not seem to know there was a problem and are looking into it. Based on other experiences here, do I need to call them back and ask for a replacement phone?
    I use AIM (Toccer or Mundu) like 24/7 on my phone. Would it be not recommended to upgrade to the MR?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast