View Poll Results: Are you having post-MR data connection problems?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 71.19%
  • No

8 13.56%
  • I did at first, but it's been solved

9 15.25%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Well, I received the replacement phone today, and of course it had version 1.10 on it. I had them switch over the ESN, did the *228 OPT 1, launched Web, and was immediately greeted with the "Error 3000 - Data network is not available" message. Nice.
    I have not received any 3000 error, but I have found that the network connection just simply stops working on my updated phone. I can disconnect and reconnect via the network preference and all is well again, but that's a just a huge PITA. Also, I just had Blazer cause a soft reset which virtually never happened on my 1.06 phone. Looks like I'm going to send back the 1.10 phone and just live with the lags since losing data and having more soft resets are far worse. Such a bummer because I notice a HUGE improvement in speed of the updated phone, especially in Blazer and getting into the phone app. [Sigh]
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    Well, I received the replacement phone today, and of course it had version 1.10 on it. I had them switch over the ESN, did the *228 OPT 1, launched Web, and was immediately greeted with the "Error 3000 - Data network is not available" message. Nice.
    I was afraid someone would say this. I have a replacement on the way and I was hoping the new one would solve the problem. But, I'm not going to get my hopes up.

The only question is what if it doesn't work? They send me another? And another, until I get one that works. This is rediculous.

Is there the possibility of a lawsuit here?
    I got my replacement with 1.10 on it as well. Got it all set up. Works fine actually. Have had only one Error 3000 in two days. I NEVER had those before, but whatever. I am in an all EVDO area though as of last weekend, which probably has a lot to do with it. Hope they get this crap fixed before I have to go into a 1x area... Idiots, man. Idiots. Unbelievable.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    For what it's worth, I got my replacement up and running with a *22899 and a soft reset. It would NOT work without the soft reset. We will see how long it lasts. The tech support guy who helped this time was well aware of the Network issues since the update, and told me he believed that an update for the update was most likely forthcoming, although he didn't have any specifics.....
    Yes, complete and utter idiots. Morons, I tell ya! Unimaginable that they could have released this MR with such a prevalent data connectivity problem.
    I'm sitting here this morning with my third refurb 700p, with the 1.10 FW, and it's just as "error 3000" prone as the others. The last one I got was a real dandy - the middle row of keys didn't work.

The VZW tech I worked with yesterday claimed that, while there are a lot of phones having this problem, the majority do not. My bad luck to get so many flaky refurbs, I guess. Waiting on #4...
    Replacement phone (1.10) had Error 3000 immediately. Worked with Verizon data services to resolve that, but it is behaving exactly as my old phone. Data services Work fine in EVDO but in 1X the phone connects to the network only 1 of 10 times and is virtually unusable for data. I live in a 1X area.

In addition, in 1X and EVDO, I CANNOT ANSWER CALLS!!!! The screen locks and is not responsive when the phone rings. When the call goes to voicemail, the phone becomes responsive again.

This Palm upgrade is a total fiasco. How was this not tested? I'm anxiously awaiting any news on an updated version of 1.10.
    Well, I upgraded via SD card. So far everything is working pretty good. It's much quicker, and after my initial Error 3000, I turned the phone off and back on. I only tried getting on the Interner once, but it worked ok after the reset. I googled a few things, looked up stuff for about 5 min. However, I really almost never go on the Internet, so I'm not a good candidate for actual feedback on that. I live in a 1X area.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I 'upgraded' my VZW 700p with the 1.10 MR after receiving an email from Palm encouraging me to download and apply the update. The MR put my phone into a reset loop.

Verizon FedEx'd me a refurb pre-loaded with v1.10 firmware. Now, I'm having MANY data connection issues whereas my pre 1.10 treo had NONE. I live in a 1X area.

Is Palm acknowledging the issue and if so will they have a fix for the MR 'upgrade'?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234