View Poll Results: Are you having post-MR data connection problems?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 71.19%
  • No

8 13.56%
  • I did at first, but it's been solved

9 15.25%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Can someone tell me exactly what you do with *22899? I mean is it reprogramming the phone? What do you, as the end user, have to do when you dial that number?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Can someone tell me exactly what you do with *22899? I mean is it reprogramming the phone? What do you, as the end user, have to do when you dial that number?
    It's for Verizon. Just hit send. It updates the roaming list, and who knows what else. Seems to have solved my problems though. Did it today.
    Do the data connection problems affect everyone or random people?
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Well, after about an hour of testing with Verizon, they are Fed-Exing me a new unit. We will see if that helps the Network disconnects. Initially they wanted to charge me $50 since my unit is over 1 year old, but waived the fee as soon as I complained that this trouble began only 10 days ago when VERIZON loaded an update on my phone! The tech was very nice and seemed embarrassed by Verizon's policy to charge me for what was clearly their fault, and told me that the fee is waived on a case-by-case basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    Ooops. I just saw my first Network disconnection after a few hours on a factory-fresh Treo.

I'm also in the LA area, but streaming is a little different. Once initiated, I have no trouble maintained a Network connection while in use, which of course covers streaming. The problem comes in initiating many short connections through the day. Sonething is turning off the connection, which gives rise to the Error 3000 messages in certain apps. Others (like Googlemaps) give me a different error message (from within the program) that data services are not available.

Ewww I guess I DO have the problem. Didn't realize it until I tried Googlemaps and noticed that more often than not it tells me I don't have a data connection! So what's the fix? I've already tried *22899.
    There doesn't appear to be a fix. I just got off the phone with Verizon for the second time. I called them yesterday and they said they would get back to me within 48 hours.

I called again today because I have now discovered that the phone still beeps occasionally even with it in silent mode, depending on what you are doing. I was told that they are not showing anyone else experiencing problems after the update.

I'm about ready to tell Palm and Verizon what they can do with their piece of junk........
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I followed what other s have said. I called Verizon, I turned off my phone and they did a data reset. Then they had me do *22899. That was 8 hours ago. So far everything has been fine, no disconnects or errors.. I suggest everyone try that.

Thanks

michael
    Quote Originally Posted by byte^me View Post
    There doesn't appear to be a fix. I just got off the phone with Verizon for the second time. I called them yesterday and they said they would get back to me within 48 hours.

I called again today because I have now discovered that the phone still beeps occasionally even with it in silent mode, depending on what you are doing. I was told that they are not showing anyone else experiencing problems after the update.

I'm about ready to tell Palm and Verizon what they can do with their piece of junk........
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    So I'm about to upgrade a client's phone to 1.10 VZw - but after reading this thread I am now VERY hesitant.

From what I can tell - Palm has admitted to the issue. Is this true? I'll probably leave them alone despite the obvious improvements.

I have a Sprint device, and haven't seen these issues - so I guess it's VZ network specific?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79 View Post
    So I'm about to upgrade a client's phone to 1.10 VZw - but after reading this thread I am now VERY hesitant.

From what I can tell - Palm has admitted to the issue. Is this true? I'll probably leave them alone despite the obvious improvements.

I have a Sprint device, and haven't seen these issues - so I guess it's VZ network specific?

Thanks.
    Lots of Sprint people have been dropping the network for over 2 months now. The only cure is to have it replaced with old ROM version phone, or upgrade to the 755p.
    Matty
    I just called VZW and asked for the data reset and was connected to the "Data Team." The data tech guy denied any knowledge of the problem or such a thing as a data reset from their end. He even made believe he asked around and said no one knew anything about it. I then asked if he could connect me to the next level of support. He said "Sure, can I put you on hold?" He then put me on hold, connected me to Palm Tech Support and apparently hung up. Of course, Palm had no idea what to do and all they could suggest was a hard reset or I call back VZW. It would actually be pretty funny if I was paying VZW for a comedy act and not phone and data service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble View Post
    I just called VZW and asked for the data reset and was connected to the "Data Team." The data tech guy denied any knowledge of the problem or such a thing as a data reset from their end. He even made believe he asked around and said no one knew anything about it. I then asked if he could connect me to the next level of support. He said "Sure, can I put you on hold?" He then put me on hold, connected me to Palm Tech Support and apparently hung up. Of course, Palm had no idea what to do and all they could suggest was a hard reset or I call back VZW. It would actually be pretty funny if I was paying VZW for a comedy act and not phone and data service.
    Those bastids!! Grrrrrr!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I have had the patch for 8 days. I was one of the first to get it at the Verizon store and one of the first to post about the data connection problem. I have had tons of problems connecting to broadband Access - although after several times I was always able to connect with persistence. Verizon is clueless half the time when you call. However I did try what was suggested from Verizon and others on TC. I had the data people take my broadband access account off and then put it back on which is like a forced data reset (they do that on their end), then did a *22899 and lastly once that was done - do a soft reset on the phone. Since then I have had little to no problems connecting.

What help I do need still is that since the MR 1.10 downgrade - haha - everytime I connect to data, my phone asks me if I am fine with using data airtime. How do I tell my phone to always use data airtime and not ask me first before I open applications like Gmail and Opera Mini?
    Since VZW and Palm always blame some software I added when there is a problem, I just did a hard reset, then *22899 and then a soft reset. I turned the phone on, manually connected to the network, held my breadth and launched the Blazer that comes with the phone. It would not even connect to the default Palm Mobile page. Maybe Palm has a master plan to get us so frustrated that we'll run out and by the 755 when VZW releases it and promises that it is finally the Treo that works. Or, maybe BlackBerry has intercepted the network and is sabotaging Palm. Or, maybe Palm has no idea how to produce a reliable PDA phone.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by aweyrich View Post
    I had the data people take my broadband access account off and then put it back on which is like a forced data reset (they do that on their end), then did a *22899 and lastly once that was done - do a soft reset on the phone. Since then I have had little to no problems connecting.

What help I do need still is that since the MR 1.10 downgrade - haha - everytime I connect to data, my phone asks me if I am fine with using data airtime. How do I tell my phone to always use data airtime and not ask me first before I open applications like Gmail and Opera Mini?
    Aweyrich, how long ago did you do the forced data reset with VZW? Where are you located? Getting EVDO or 1X coverage?

To get rid of that data connection prompt, I think this it, go to System Prefs: Network, then choose Preferences from the Options pulldown menu. Therein you'll find a checkbox that says, "Ask before connecting to the Internet."
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Interesting turn of events for me.....

I first had no problems after my first *228 Opt 1 and 2, then I started getting an massive number of "Error 3000" errors or data unavailable error messages a short time later. They continued immediately AFTER I did a complete data reset from Verzon on Monday followed with a *22899 without installing any 3rd party software. I could sit there and watch the network disconnect by itself via the Network Pref screen even though I selected the option to keep the Network connected while the phone was on. This is while I had 3-4 bars of phone service, so Verizon decided to replace my unit.

That was Monday. I continued to have trouble connecting the rest of that day. However, it's now Wednesday, and I have had NO unexplained Network terminations since Tuesday morning! My phone went down when I was in the underground parking garage this morning, but the Network immediately and automatically reconnected when phone service come back on.

I cannot explain why my phone is now working properly.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Spoke too soon. I just had my first Network drop. I now wonder if it has something to do with location. I was home yesterday, and it didn't drop once. I am at my office in a different part of town today, and it's happening again. This is the same location I was at on Monday when I was getting the drops after the data reset.

However, I can live with the drops if the Network will re-connect when it needs to, like to get my email. What I can't tolerate is the "Error 3000" messages or data network unavailable problems. So far I haven't seen those since Tuesday morning.
    Just received my replacement refurb unit from vz. Unfortunately, it came pre-loaded with the new firmware. Of course, I got the 3000 error on the first try. On the 2nd try, it connected.

Palm needs to fix this or I will have to continuously replace this phone with a newer device. Fortunately, Vz is good about that. That's one of the benefits of staying with them.
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Boy, the honeymoon didn't last. Now I can't access data at all, even after a hard reset without restoring or installing any 3rd party apps. The Network SHOWS it's still connected, but I can't actually use anything that uses data.
    Following up on this...did the MR when it hit the stands at Verizon stores. Immediately had the error 3000, and seeing everyone else on the forums having it too, I asked Verizon for a replacement. My refurbished replacement has the same problem, but not as many error 3000, but more "cannot find requested page" errors. Before the MR I never had this problem. NEVER.

So should I get another phone, or wait it out for the next MR? It is hard to tell if everyone is having this problem (and maybe they don't even know it) or maybe there are some phones out there that will work with the new MR and not have this problem. The surveys do show that some people are saying they don't have the problem. So should I keep going through phones, or wait for the new MR? I also have the dial tone problem, but everything else has improved.

thanks
    Seems like I am in the minority.

Solved all my Blue Tooth issues adn is much faster.

I am having no issues (first 48 hrs).

I have perhaps 2-4 apps on my phone.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast