Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Many posts (across many threads) use the term, "blue tooth is better" when describing the post MR performance. That term is very vague.
    I only have one issue with BT, the frequent loss of pairing that can only be resolved with a reboot (re-pairing doesn't fix it).
    Has this been improved, or are there other BT issues that people are having that have been improved (such as ease of pairing, static, etc.)?
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I'm not sure BT is better on my phone after the MR. I had the Verizon store do the update for me. I restored everything from resco backup. I purchased a new parrot bluetooth minikit speakerphone and the pairing drops all of the time. I'm considering re-doing the MR and a clean install to see if that makes a difference.
    Jawbone headset will hold a call but drops connection within a few minutes when not in a call before and after MR.

I did reinstall from VPS pro, wonder if a redo of upgrade and reinstall the apps one by one is worth the effort.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I believe it means, "It will no longer work in your new BMW."

But I'm not entirely certain...

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Everyone's experience will vary, but the best improvement for me has been that the headset connects faster and stays paired (Samsung WEP200)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimpilot View Post
    Jawbone headset will hold a call but drops connection within a few minutes when not in a call before and after MR.

I did reinstall from VPS pro, wonder if a redo of upgrade and reinstall the apps one by one is worth the effort.
    my jawbone keeps connected during a call. When not in call, i experience sporadic and rare drops and automatic reconnects. I never had to reset to reconnect it.

It's an improvement prior to Sprint MR where it could drop while in a call
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    My Moto H700 has stayed paired since I got the MR about 3 days ago, even after turning BT off on the phone, and turning off the headset.

Before the MR, it would lose pairing multiple times a day, requiring resets and clearing of preferred devices, and repairing steps.
    Forensic Scientist

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Yes, that is what bluetooth better means. The only problem that I had pre-MR was that when i turned off the bluetooth so that I could use my headset with my PS3, I would not be able to just turn on BT and get the headset to work correctly. After MR it allows me to turn off BT and later turn it back on and it still pairs correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    Many posts (across many threads) use the term, "blue tooth is better" when describing the post MR performance. That term is very vague.
    I only have one issue with BT, the frequent loss of pairing that can only be resolved with a reboot (re-pairing doesn't fix it).
    Has this been improved, or are there other BT issues that people are having that have been improved (such as ease of pairing, static, etc.)?
    Thanks!
    For me "better" means:
    (1) No chance of echo for the person I'm calling (at least, no complaints so far).
    Before the update, about 50% of the people I'd call complained about an echo of their voice. This did not jibe with any problems I'd ever seen for the Jawbone, nor did it make any difference what signal strength I was getting ... presumed it was the BT ... seems I was correct.

(2) The Jawbone was slow to connect on wake from standby
    Now it wakes so fast the indcator on the Phone screen doesn't have time to update before I'm already talking. Before, I'd have to wait 1-3 seconds to talk on a call I'd answered. Once in a while I'd have to do a soft reset of the phone.

There are other improvements in the unit, but I think that's it for BT specifically.

Ken

P.S. I'm convinced that most people misuse the term "pairing" and "unpaired". I've had my fair share of problems with phones and headsets not cooperating, not coming out of standby well ... if at all, etc. But I have *never*, and I mean *NEVER* had a headset sporadically un-pair. (pairing, as in having to go in and rediscover that the headset exists).
    Technically, pairing has nothing to do with BT beyond the fact that it is the process of exchanging MAC addresses and other characteristics of connection, so once paired, the paired devices's information is stored on the device. If you become "un-paired" it can only be an internal problem with memory management on the device that will not connect, not a communications problem. You need to replace the device because it is spontaneously losing its memory.
    It meant staying paired and more clarity with range for me.
    at&t iPhone3G
    As I have said in several other threads, the BT benefits of the MR for me are:

#1. (and the biggest improvement)-- The person on the other end doesn't hear their voice echoed back to them anymore, no matter how loud I turn up the volume on my BT headset.
    2. Pairing issues have improved - at first it seemed everything was great-I only lost pairing once in 2-3 weeks after installing the update. But that has gotten worse since then - but not as bad as it was under the old MR.

That's all - so far.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Well, I upgraded today and for seven hours BT worked great and then a few minutes ago it lost the BT connection.
    Unlike previous BT disconnects, which required a soft reset to correct, this one was solved by turning off the ear piece and turning it back on again.
    I guess this is an improvement.
    Oh well!
    Did you ever move your headset more than 10 feet away from the Treo during that time?

Improved bluetooth means my Jabra bt250 causing my phone to CRASH repeatedly whenever I try to connect it X(
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    Did you ever move your headset more than 10 feet away from the Treo during that time?
    Yes, post MR, I stress tested it (as best as I could).
    • I walked 30 feet away
    • I turned the headset off and on
    • I turned BT off on the Treo (pre MR, this would always kill the pairing)
    • I left the headset on for hours without making or receiving a call (I'm not very popular)
    • I turned the phone (radio) off and then back on again.

BT held it's own against all of these 'tests'.
    Then last night I was looking at the screen and saw the icon changed from the light blue headset (waiting) to the BlueTooth standard icon (not paired).

So, it is more reliable (sort of), but not completely so.
    So, it is more reliable (sort of), but not completely so.
    That's the verdict, but there is one VERY SIGNIFICANT improvement:

Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    #1. (and the biggest improvement)-- The person on the other end doesn't hear their voice echoed back to them anymore, no matter how loud I turn up the volume on my BT headset.

for me it means I can pair with the treo easier, but it also means it can disconnect easier. It means it can be disconnected even when it shows the headset symbol on the phone and I have to disconnect and reconnect even though the person on the other end can't hear a damn thing while I'm doing it in which sometimes they just hang up before I can actually say or hear something. It means it connects when I don't want it to and have to disconnect it so I can have a conversation. It also seems to want to reconnect when I've already disconnected it so it switches to bluetooth without me knowing it while I'm talking or listening so it seems like I disappear or they disappear, and I have to disconnect it again. All in all it just improved upon its unreliability. Can that be called an improvement? The only improvement I have seen is through all those troubles my phone has only reset twice because of a bluetooth issue when it used to do it a few times a week.

And I've been using the "approved" Motorola H700 as well as the "unapproved" Plantronics 510 Voyager. Both have the same issue. At least the H700 can't accidentally pair when I have the boom closed. One saving grace of it all.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Well, I upgraded today and for seven hours BT worked great and then a few minutes ago it lost the BT connection.
    Unlike previous BT disconnects, which required a soft reset to correct, this one was solved by turning off the ear piece and turning it back on again.
    I guess this is an improvement.
    Oh well!
    Strike that!
    Just got my second pairing failure within 24 hours of the update and the Treo needed to be reboooted to regain pairing.
    Conclusion (at least with respect to my phone) there is absolutely no difference with Blue Tooth.
    For anyone waiting to install the update hoping for a Blue Tooth fix, it isn't here.
    The good news is that the fix can easily be found by doing research before you purchase your next smart phone.
    I have tried many BT and with all of them, people complained that they cannot hear me well. I do hear them like they are next to me. But I did notice that after the MR, the Crackeling noise has gone. I've tried several model including: Motoroal, Samsaung Soyo and others I cannot even remember their names, I have Treo 700P,

What BT are you guys using and what's your experience with that? and have people complained about the sound quality?
    Thanks
    What do these comments from Palm mean? How do you do each one of these?

Bluetooth(R) wireless technology enhancements:
    * Increases list of supported/compatible Bluetooth wireless carkits,
    including BMW and Toyota/Lexus (Denso)
    * Improves overall user experience with supported Bluetooth wireless
    carkits and headsets (e.g. allow user to manually connect /
    disconnect to a Bluetooth device)
    * Additional Bluetooth wireless functionality (e.g. audio routing to
    Bluetooth headset even when wired headset is plugged in)