View Poll Results: How many devices did your Treo replace, did you retire the other devices?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • One

7 12.07%
  • Two

22 37.93%
  • Three

12 20.69%
  • Four or more

17 29.31%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Treo replaced my 600p Treo.

The 600p replaced a cell phone and a Palm.
  2.    #22  
    Okay, I'm commenting on both Bujin and KStewart
    Original quote by Bujin:
    For devices, it's: phone, pda, mp3 player and also my wristwatch (mine broke & I haven't bothered to replace it.)
    I have to admit that I don't use a wristwatch. It's not because mine is broke, it's simply that I have too many devices with the time to bother with that accessory. Prior to my Treo, I flipped open my cell phone, so I guess it also replaced the wrist watch, I just never thought of it that way.

Originally quote by KStewart:
    I have had better phone performance.

* Crappy phone

* PDA
    I have to agree with you on the phone. In fact the phone performance is so bad, I've considered giving up on the Treo.
    I recently purchased SAG which made all my Bluetooth components work, including voice dial. Unfortunately, the headset jack of my Treo went out and the replacement phone will not operate with SAG. So I have to decide which I want more, the headset jack to work, or everything that makes the Treo a replacement for my previous PDA and phone.

I have TomTom software and an Arkon powered PDA mount with speaker. Without the headset jack, I can't hear the turn by turn instructions of TomTom well or listen to internet radio or my audio books (from the powered mount).
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Okay, I'm commenting on both Bujin and KStewart

I have to admit that I don't use a wristwatch. It's not because mine is broke, it's simply that I have too many devices with the time to bother with that accessory. Prior to my Treo, I flipped open my cell phone, so I guess it also replaced the wrist watch, I just never thought of it that way.

I have to agree with you on the phone. In fact the phone performance is so bad, I've considered giving up on the Treo.
    I recently purchased SAG which made all my Bluetooth components work, including voice dial. Unfortunately, the headset jack of my Treo went out and the replacement phone will not operate with SAG. So I have to decide which I want more, the headset jack to work, or everything that makes the Treo a replacement for my previous PDA and phone.

I have TomTom software and an Arkon powered PDA mount with speaker. Without the headset jack, I can't hear the turn by turn instructions of TomTom well or listen to internet radio or my audio books (from the powered mount).
    My headset jack stopped working six months ago. With all the problems on the 700P after its launch until now, since my 700P has been pretty good to me, I was afraid of exchanging it for a worse device back then and I have had my 700 for going on 1.5 years...I figured the devil I knew was better than the devil I didn't. It is sad that I have read on this forum a great number of people have had issues with the jack. I have left my Sony walkman in the rain, dropped it fifty times, had the headphones ripped from the jack violently when walking passed a corner on a table, etc. and the jack on my Sony is still solid and works great. My jack on my 700p went bad when I looked at it. I am giving palm one more damn chance with the Linux 800 or 900, or whatever its going to be and if they don't get it, BB here I come.
    at&t iPhone3G
  4.    #24  
    Original quote by KStewart:
    . . . My jack on my 700p went bad when I looked at it. I am giving palm one more damn chance with the Linux 800 or 900, or whatever its going to be and if they don't get it, BB here I come.
    I was new to Treo, but always had Sony Clies. I love the little device, but I don't think I can be a total convert if as soon as I buy the device, the jack goes out.

Agree with you on the devil you know, but I have a UX 180 which is a 1lb full laptop. It's not as portable, but it works and I don't have to pay extra for unlimited data to use it.

I think I'll return the replacement Treo and ask them to fix the jack in my original Treo. If it comes back and works, great. If it doesn't or if the jack goes out again, that will be the sign that I should simply save my money and give up on the Treo.

I guess what really bites for me is that the Treo doesn't come with it's on backup system, voice dial capability. Even if you buy 3rd party software to get the capability, you can't be sure of when the software will work or not work.

I'm using backup BuddyVFS and when I try to restore, it states can't restore Bluetooth cache. On my Sony Clie, the MSBackup came with the product and it restored all of your settings. After spending days and hour upon hour to try and get the device to work, I have to ask myself, if it's a time-saving device or a little monster eating up more of my time due to palm's lack of support.

I've put a lot of money into this new addition. In fact, I'm looking at Bluetooth Fm transmitters and other ways to get louder speakers in the car. But I'm also afraid that even if I stay with the original, what will happen if I need to restore from my backup files. Will the things that I rely upon work.

Argh. . . the angst of the palm Treo decision!!!
    Just one: my cell phone. I once had a Palm III but it sat in a drawer because I found it to be quite useless, a chunky electronic calendar I didn't need.

I had the Treo before i had an iPod or a portable MP3 player of any sort, and the Nano continues to fulfill it's MP3/Podcast playback duties because IMO the Treo stinks at them, especially on the Podcast side of things.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Barely one. I'll agree with the phone being mediocre. The MP3 player is unusable with the lags and is too bulky as others have mentioned.
    9 electronic devices (not counting paper products suchas as Bible, Franklin-Covey, newspapers):
    PDA
    Digital Camera
    Video Camera
    Laptop
    Watch
    DVD Player (except for road trips with the children)
    Thumb Drive
    MP3 Player
    Digital Voice Recorder
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12