1.    #1  
    The other day my 680 turned off in the middle of a call for no reason. It turned on in a few minutes but it said it was charging at 99%. I plugged it in and finished my called and charged it all night and the next day it said 99% all day.

I decided maybe I should update the firmware. It died part way through. I tried soft, warm and har resets, they did nothing. But then it came back after a long time for no apparent reason. I wanted to stop it but there was no way to. So, I let it keep going and it died again and wont come back.

WTF do I do? I was actually expecting a very important call soon, and this 10-30 minute upgrade is now on minute 60...
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Can you transfer your sim card to another device so you can at least get calls, then try the upgrade, can that be done without the sim, i don't know.
    good luck
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for wishing me luck, it worked. I took the battery out of the phone for about 10 minutes then put it back in and pressed the power button a few times and it came back on. It finished the upgrade and I synced everything (it had been over a week).

So, at the moment it is working, but the battery is still stuck at 99%. I'm currently scouring the forums for that one and I guess if it dies again I'll do yet another exchange.