1.    #1  
    I have a Verizon Treo 650 and use Outlook. I am getting a new computer with Windows XP (I don't want to use Vista) and wondering how to "move" all of my Treo data to the new computer.

I assume that I will have to use the Treo installation CD first, which I still have. I also assume that I will have to go through the entire set-up process. However, I remember that during installation you are told to hotsync the Treo and if I do that, won't it wipe-out all of the data on my Treo? Do I first copy the contents from my "old" Outlook to my "new" Outlook?

Finally, if I log onto Verizon's wireless sync page, am I correct in assuming that I won't have to re-enter any information because it's an established account?

My Treo has been working so well with my current computer that I'm scared to try to get this set-up on a new computer---and I'm not sure how to do it without losing data and/or programs I've downloaded to my Treo over time. Any advice is very much appreciated.

TIA.
    Treo 650, Verizon
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    If you're worried, use Resco Backup (Trial version is good enough) backup your treo first.

1. Install Palm Desktop to new PC. Follow on screen instructions.
    2. Hotsync Treo with new PC.
    3. Click Start, All Programs, Palm, PIM conduit sync, then choose sync with outlook.

I, myself, never like the way Outlook manage the PIMs. Palm Desktop handles them much better.
    Treo Maniac?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv View Post
    If you're worried, use Resco Backup (Trial version is good enough) backup your treo first.

1. Install Palm Desktop to new PC. Follow on screen instructions.
    2. Hotsync Treo with new PC.
    3. Click Start, All Programs, Palm, PIM conduit sync, then choose sync with outlook.

I, myself, never like the way Outlook manage the PIMs. Palm Desktop handles them much better.

Thank you so much for your reply. I will backup my Treo before doing anything and print-out your directions for reinstallation. Everything is working so well now, I really hate to switch computers and get everything up and running again, but I know it will be worth it in the end---at least that's what I'm told.

To be honest, I've never tried the Palm Desktop utilities because I've been "married" to Outlook via work, etc.
    Treo 650, Verizon