1.    #1  
    Hi all,

When using Slingbox mobile on the 755p, I have not been successful in watching for any length of time. I've tried when I'm almost certainly in an EVDO area (that would be when the blue arrows have boxes around them, right? What does it mean if there's just blue arrows with no boxes?). On the times when I am successful to receive a stream, as soon as I try to change channels, a message box will come up and say that the connection is closing due to a weak stream.

I thought perhaps I needed a faster internet connection hooked up to my home slingbox, so I have upgraded my Bellsouth web service, and show upload speeds in the 300-400 kps range when I run a test. On the Slingbox site, it says upload speeds need to be at least 256.

Am I the only one having trouble? I've got about 20 days left on this trial, and unless I can get this fixed, I guess I'm not going to be able to "sling" mobile... which is too bad, it's one of the main reasons I upgraded from a 650 to a 755...

Thanks for any help!
    I have Verizon DSL, which is not very fast, and have almost no problems at all. My video is smooth, detailed, and quite watchable. Every once in a while, I'll get a pause due to weak signal, but not frequently. The quality is far superior to SprintTV or MobiTV, which dogged as far as I'm concerned.

Are you running anything else on your home network while you are trying to stream? Downloads, file sharing, etc? Maybe it is slowing your stream down?

Otherwise, Slingbox is one of the few products that truly works as advertised. As another poster said, they really need to advertise better. Everyone I've shown it to has been absolutely amazed.

-B
  3.    #3  
    Maybe my home firewall (Zone Alarm) is stopping the channel change attempts??
    I have two slingboxes- a Pro on cable with a 1MBit/sec upload and a Basic at my other place on DSL with a 768KBit/sec upload. I haven't had any problems slinging, but I had to revert back to the previous Palm SlingPlayer 'cause the volume buttons didn't change the volume (of the Treo) in the latest release.
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Works flawlessly for me.... friends who saw the picture on my 755p were amazed at the quality and streaming.... have been slinging for the past 2 months with absolutely no problems.. have comcast cable at home.
    I've got the brand new player on my 755p and the voluem buttons work fine. I'm not using any 3rd party volume programs.
    Huh. What people have reported on the SP forums is that the volume buttons on the Treo are actually controlling the "volume" on the remote device (i.e., my Cox cable box). See here:

http://www.slingcommunity.com/forum/...ing-on-my-TX./

I have Butler installed, but I've turned off its use of the side volume keys.
    Palm Pre