1.    #1  
    VZW store at the Short Hills Mall in northern NJ has never heard of the update, not been given any sd cards to perform update and generally is useless.

I want to have them do update so as to have some coverage if it gets bricked

Anyone have the update done in-store in New Jersey or New York? If so, where and what was your experience?

Many thanks and update well, all.

David
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    East Brunswick, NJ Mid-State Mall Route 18

When I went in there, the guy told me the same thing. I told him to ask the Techs in the back, and indeed someone heard of it. At this point if you go to that store, they could do it for you....just a bit of a haul for you. Let me know how it works out for you.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Doug.

Did they update for you from SD card? If so, how was the experience?

If I can find it closer, I will but again, thanks 4 heads up!

Be well,

David
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    No problem David. They updated it from the SD Card. When they took it, they gave a receipt and said it would be ready in 20 minutes. I came back a half hour later and they said they didnt do anything because it would delete everything (Make sure to tell them in advance they could delete everything from the device) They told me to come back 20 minutes later again.

20 minutes later I had my Treo back, pressed info in the phone app. and device was updated. You might want to do a hard reset yourself before you hand it to them either way.