1. Tec
    A number of people have noticed that the screen appears blurry after applying the update. However for many people it's hard to see exactly what's wrong. What's happening is 1 column of yellow pixels is being drawn to the immediate right of the font, akin to a drop shadow. We have a side-by-side picture of the effect here so you can see what to look for:

CS font rendering test

Use Memo Pad or any plain text application to see it. If you have the text 'halo' currently, I found that by holding the stylus on the display the halo disappears, and you can use this to go back and forth. However I haven't found a reliable way to turn it 'on'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tec View Post
    Use Memo Pad or any plain text application to see it. If you have the text 'halo' currently, I found that by holding the stylus on the display the halo disappears, and you can use this to go back and forth. However I haven't found a reliable way to turn it 'on'.
    try this:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=147562

I bet this problem is a clocking/timing issue in the firmware.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  3. Tec
    Ok, for what it's worth I didn't go through the trouble of proving the existing of the blur issue because I needed a hobby. Truth is, I hate the text after the update.

The now blurry display after a ~year of perfection is infuriating, to say the least! Has anyone else called it in as a support issue?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    it seems the font has a drop shadow on it...Anybody with fontsmoother try a new font to fix it?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by Tec View Post
    Ok, for what it's worth I didn't go through the trouble of proving the existing of the blur issue because I needed a hobby. Truth is, I hate the text after the update.

The now blurry display after a ~year of perfection is infuriating, to say the least! Has anyone else called it in as a support issue?
    I had to do a System Reset to resolve another issue and found by accident that a System Reset forces the blurry text issue...

Yes, it is frustrating, but even more frustrating is what PALM SUPPORT does to you when you call them and then what SPRINT SUPPORT says about it. You know the routine, "let's try a hard reset"....Uhh, wait a sec. The blurry text was noticeable immediately after installing the rom update - before restoring anything. That would be useless! "Ok, then, sir, we cannot help you if you will not cooperate."

So I took it into a Sprint Store, and of course they could not see the problem. But they did offer to swap me for a refurb. I declined after the Sprint Store tech told me Palm was working on a fix for it (are they???)...

Ugh.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!