Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    So I got the update done at the Verizon store and it fixed my SMS lag and made the Treo snappier BUT I have sooo much trouble connecting to the Internet now. I never had that trouble before the update. I hate this as I connect several times a day to check email. Does anyone get this and have a way to fix it? I called Verizon technical support and they were clueless. Any suggestions?
    do this:
    *228 option 1
    *228 option 2
    Done
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    do this:
    *228 option 1
    *228 option 2
    Done
    Sorry, NCC... but having the MR flashed TWICE to my device, and doing this each time... NOT done. Didn't do anything for me. My problem got WORSE after the second flashing....

The fact is that something is STILL screed up with this MR.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Yes, there's something fishy about the Network handling with the new MR.

In my tests I have found that after a while, the phone will become a network "zombie". Let me explain. After being connected to the network and able to use it (i.e. browse the web), I left my phone in my pocket. A few minutes afterwards, I turn it on and I try to browse the web again, only to find that every time I get the message "page cannot load..." or similar. In Kinoma I get "host not found". Checking the wireless icon shows the two arrows/triangles grayed out, signaling that there is a data connection but it's idle. Strange. The problem gets fixed after I go to Network in Preferences and manually disconnect. Then when firing up any app that requires the network, the log in process automatically starts and lo! I am able to connect again.

I have yet to try an ongoing stream to see if the connection drops in the middle of something...
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I'm having similar trouble with Network disconnections. I re-flashed the MR, selected the option to connect to the internet whenever the phone is connected, did the *228 Opt 1 and 2, and I'm still getting the disconnects and/or Error 3000 messages. I can reconnect after trying an app that uses data 1-3 times.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Perhaps it's software related. Snappermail, Causerie, and Googlemaps are the only programs I have installed that even use data.....what about you guys?
    I too was having the same problems with the MR 1.10 yesterday. I kept getting the error:

Error 3000 Data service isn't currently available in this area. 0x713E

Here are the two things I tried that might have worked:

-Creating a new Network connection and using it instead of the default 'BroadbandAccess'
    -Updating the phone by dialing *22899

I was on the phone with the wireless data group and they weren't familiar with that error at all. She looked it up in her knowledge base and surprise! It said a hard reset would fix it. It doesn't.

But after the *22899 it appears to be working. The rep told me this is what data devices are supposed to dial in order to provision properly? I've had no problems for the last 24 hours or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    Perhaps it's software related. Snappermail, Causerie, and Googlemaps are the only programs I have installed that even use data.....what about you guys?
    It can't be 3rd party software related as I was getting network errors immediately after a hard reset. This is on a Treo that shipped from VZW with MR 1.10 already on it.

Try *22899 and let us know if that fixes your problem. It appears to have fixed me so far...
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jocamero View Post
    It can't be 3rd party software related as I was getting network errors immediately after a hard reset. This is on a Treo that shipped from VZW with MR 1.10 already on it.

Try *22899 and let us know if that fixes your problem. It appears to have fixed me so far...
    Tried it. So far I'm not getting any more error messages, but it doesn't seem like it helped with the disconnects. More testing to follow......
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Here are the two things I tried that might have worked:

-Creating a new Network connection and using it instead of the default 'BroadbandAccess'
    I tried to create a new Network connection, but I'm getting "Error (0x7301)" and I can't connect. I put my mobile number as my User Name and VZW as the password......am I forgetting something?
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    Yes, there's something fishy about the Network handling with the new MR.

In my tests I have found that after a while, the phone will become a network "zombie".
    I have experienced the same problem, and I have not done the update yet (Software version 1.06). It only started doing that recently, maybe a month ago, and doesn't happen too often, but it is a minor annoyance when it does.
    Jocamero, what settings are you using to create a new Network connection? Like Dcpmark, I'm trying it and getting a (0x7301) error. I'm using:
    • Connection: High Speed Wireless
    • User name: my10digit#@vzw3g.com
    • Password: vzw