Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quick issue that I could use some help with. Whenever I have my camera resolution set at 1280X1024 and attempt to take a picture with the zoom level on "2X", the picture is automatically snapped at a zoom level of "1X". It's like for some reason, my device will not allow me to take a close up shot of things anymore. I could be wrong, but I don't remember my device doing this prior to the firmware update (Verizon). Has anyone else expirienced this type of behaviour before? Has the camera app always been this way and I just hadn't paid attention to it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. I figured out that it is caused by Goodlink in my case. When Goodlink isn't running, I can take 2x photos. Are you running Goodlink?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    No, I'm not running Goodlink...but that's great insight though. My hunch was that I'm running some app that's causing a conflict with the camera app...now how to figure out what that app is. Any suggestions? In the meantime, maybe I'll do a NV Backup and a hard-reset just to make sure that it's not the Camera app itself.
    Anyone figure this out? It's been happening to me since the MR on my Verizon 700p.

Thanks.
    I can take 2x, but only at the 640x480 resolution
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhboyd View Post
    I can take 2x, but only at the 640x480 resolution
    same here only at 640 x 480 can i get 2x

but when i use splash photo to take a shot i get the 2x at 1280 x 960 plus i get some really nice looking pics at around 800k too
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    After re-installing my apps 1 by 1, the culprit (for me anyway) seems to be some type of conflict between the camera app, the Verizon 1.10 MR update, and Dial By Photo. If I un-install DBP, my camera app works just fine. I don't think it's a DBP issue but the developers at GX-5 are helping out big time and are looking into the issue right now. Could anyone else experiencing this issue confirm whether or not they have DBP installed? Score another win for the "fantastic" (emphasis on the quates) MR update.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qb11g View Post
    After re-installing my apps 1 by 1, the culprit (for me anyway) seems to be some type of conflict between the camera app, the Verizon 1.10 MR update, and Dial By Photo. If I un-install DBP, my camera app works just fine. I don't think it's a DBP issue but the developers at GX-5 are helping out big time and are looking into the issue right now. Could anyone else experiencing this issue confirm whether or not they have DBP installed? Score another win for the "fantastic" (emphasis on the quates) MR update.
    no dial by photo here and i cant do 2x in reg cam mode 1280 x 1024 size
    I just did a warm boot and the cam works fine when nothing else is loaded now to figure it out should be fun.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    This happened to me. I soft reset and tried it again. That seemed to keep the changes. I also switched the review photos field to "On, no timeout" I have GOOD installed.
    I don't use Dial by Photo.

I hard reset and restored from backup today and the problem is gone.

Strange.
    I get this problem every once in a while. I had it prior to installing Dial by Photo and prior to the Sprint MR. A soft reset always makes the problem go away... until it comes back again. However, it doesn't happen often.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i have dial by photo and i had this happen, but i tried it right now and it works fine.
    My Sprint 700p doesn't do that, and it has the MR installed from back when it was very iffy to do so. I don't run Goodlink or DialByPhoto. I can snap 1280x1024 pix at 2x zoom and it returns to the zoom mode after saving, as it should.

If it's any consolation, the Treo 2X mode is only a "digital" zoom, not an optical one. The internal processing is simply throwing away information, so you're getting zoomier pictures in the first pass. You'd get the same results by cropping the 1X images.

Jay
    Jay Gross
    TreoCentral writer
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Sprint Treo 650, drowned Sprint Treo 700P, Treo 700w, and a crimson Treo 680 (yeah!), plus a red Centro