Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    i guess the headphone jack shorted out or something. i use it to play music in my car and when i took the headphone jack out, the phone still thought it was connected. when i would make a call, it wouldn't give me a speakerphone icon.

luckily i was with in my 30 day return and just swapped it out. hopefully this doesn't happen again as i plug this into my stereo every day on my way to work.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTpusher View Post
    i guess the headphone jack shorted out or something. i use it to play music in my car and when i took the headphone jack out, the phone still thought it was connected. when i would make a call, it wouldn't give me a speakerphone icon.
    The same thing just happened to me. I'm searching here in hopes that there is something I can do myself to fix it. I don't like the idea of switching to a refurb phone after only a few months. :-(
    Obscura
    There is a mechanical switch which is stuck detecting the plug is in. Try inserting and removing the plug a few times. If that doesn't help, one drop of WD40 in the jack on a toothpick should do the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    There is a mechanical switch which is stuck detecting the plug is in. Try inserting and removing the plug a few times. If that doesn't help, one drop of WD40 in the jack on a toothpick should do the trick.
    Unless they changed the jack from what it was in the 650, it's not mechanical. Numerous people have had this problem with the 650. There is a software fix from, I think Jeff Gibson. Palm could have changed this though. I have not heard.
    I had the same problem once also. I placed calls, which would connect, but I couldn't hear anything (I hope they weren't home, cause I called repeatedly). I eventually figured it out, cause I could hear with the headphones in. Don't know if the problem is mechanical or not, but sticking the headphones in a few times solved the problem. I hope it doesn't crop up again.
    Make sure your ring silencer switch at the top isn't on or partially on. That'll do it, too.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Be very careful; this happened to my first 700p, which was replaced under the repair plan, and eventually the 2nd, which was replaced with a 755p. It is a hardware problem; happened to both of mine because of the speaker prong in my Seidio cradle.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    After spending the entire morning at two different Sprint repair centers I ended up getting a new system board.

Lost all my data and I can't remember the last time I hot synced to my laptop. I'm buying BackupMan tonight so it doesn't happen again.
    Obscura
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscura View Post
    After spending the entire morning at two different Sprint repair centers I ended up getting a new system board.

Lost all my data and I can't remember the last time I hot synced to my laptop. I'm buying BackupMan tonight so it doesn't happen again.
    NVBackup is free and it works great. I have used it several times and it works like a charm.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    NVBackup is free and it works great. I have used it several times and it works like a charm.
    Whoops. Too late.

Thanks for the tip.
    Obscura
    this is a problem with the headphone jack it still thinks the headphone is in the jack there is a little switch that sometimes gets stuck in the jack, you need to insert the plug in the jack a few times , try wiggling it a little bit it should go back to normal if not u might need to get the phone replaced, this problem has been ongoing since the 650
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscura View Post
    Update: Ended up getting a new replacement.
    Obscura