Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I did a search, and found a lot of older mixed results that raised a question for me before I charge my brand new battery.

I will be charging it overnight tonight for the first time. First of all, do I have to do a Hard Reset or a Cradle Reset before or after the initial charge?

Also, is there such a thing as overcharging these batteries, or do they have that cutoff? Thanks so much for any info you can offer.
    Phones will not overcharge a LiOn battery - It would be a major fire hazard if they did.
    I don't believe you need to do a cradle reset after the initial charge unless you suspect incorrect readings on your battery gauge.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    First of all, do I have to do a Hard Reset or a Cradle Reset before or after the initial charge?
    You don't need to reset after the initial charge. You've done exactly what we recommend. You should see your battery life get even better after 5-6 charges.

Also, is there such a thing as overcharging these batteries, or do they have that cutoff? Thanks so much for any info you can offer.
    Your phone has circuitry built into keep your phone from overcharging the battery.

Thanks