Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmoguy View Post
    Matty032...was there any talk about a fix or anything to correct it?
    No fix yet. It is a little annoying I agree
    Backup Buddy is the only thing that worked for me. I did the sync, backed up using Backup Buddy then did the update. After the update, my programs wouldn't re-install. Did a hard reset, then restored with Backup Buddy. Everything restored and I have version 1.10. I haven't retested everything yet, but I'm new to Treo so I probably won't notice the difference, unless the app no longer works.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    After fiddling with my apps, everything is back on normal.

I do however still have problems with the zombie connectivity. The phone will show it is connected to the network when is not. A quick disconnect from network in prefs and then reconnect fixes everything
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Upgrade went fine, used VPS pro to restore and everything went fine.

Phone seems the same though. Blue tooth disconnects still occurring. (yes I confirmed I had 1.10)
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Has anybody tried backing up everything with Resco backup? All I hear is backup buddy.
    I just got this from BackupBuddy Tech Support:

As long as you use the latest 4.2.1 BackupBuddyVFS Pro software you should be ok with the restore.

http://www.bluenomad.com/dmdocuments/BBVFSPro4.2.1.prc

TIPS: Treo 700p Firmware Update

We strongly recommend that you have multiple backups of your data prior to applying the update. The update procedure we suggest is:

1. Perform a complete backup to an SD card with the latest version of BackupBuddyVFS (Personal or Professional); if using BackupBuddyVFS Professional then you should also make sure to create a backup checkpoint as described in the manual. If possible, the SD card you use to perform the backup should be different than the one you use to apply the update. If you used an older version to backup files before 4.2.1, delete backup files first so you make a new fresh full backup using the latest version. Then do a checkpoint and another new backup.

2. Perform a complete HotSync backup to your desktop computer using BackupBuddy for Windows or Mac OS X. BackupBuddy Professional for Windows and Mac OS X automatically create a checkpoint after the completion of the HotSync.

3. Optional: install and launch BackupBuddy.Net Professional on your Treo and make sure that your wireless backup is up to date.

Although it may seem like overkill, doing the above will ensure that you have at least two copies of all your important data in the unlikely event that a backup becomes corrupt or that something goes wrong during the update. If you don't currently have a license for one (or more) of the products above, please feel free to use the trial versions to facilitate your update as they are fully functional for 14 days.
    Mac OS 10.4.10, Treo 700P, Verizon
    Palm Desktop 4.2.2
    Entourage = Email only(Office 2004 )
    BackupBuddyVFS 4.1
    Global Posts
    2,596 Global Posts
    sorry, but what is the "DTMF" sound you're talking about?

how are your updated Verizon 700p's doing today?

Thanks.
    TBolt
    www.picturehangar.com | Palm Treo 700p (Verizon)
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    After the update, when I look at my trusted bluetooth devices, it no longer has the name, but duplicates the remote device address in the name area. Anyone else have this?
    I've seen other posts that mention it. Simply re-pair the device and the name will come back to stay.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Has anybody had success with this combination?:

BackupBuddyVFS 4.2.1 - Verizon Treo 700p Firmware Update - Mac OS 10.4.10 - Palm Desktop 4.2.2

BackupBuddyVFS Tech states:

"Yes, you can use 4.2.1 with the Treo. It has been tested extensively with the Treo device and hard reset and restore. Even though we did not test with a verizon treo, the basic restore and backup should be the same with any treo device. If you are not comfortable with it, you can use 4.1. It doesn't matter that you are on Mac or Windows when you use BackupBuddyVFS as BackupBuddyVFS is a Palm program only.

So I would recommend installing 4.2.1 first and then do multiple full backups with that version. You could then do the firmware update. If your treo is working fine, I'd wait to do the update. Unless the update gives you really important features or improvements you can wait a while to make sure it is solid."

TIA for your feedback!!!
    Palm Desktop 4.2.2
    BackupBuddyVFS 4.1
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by vzdunsucksonmac View Post
    Has anybody had success with this combination?:

BackupBuddyVFS 4.2.1 - Verizon Treo 700p Firmware Update - Mac OS 10.4.10 - Palm Desktop 4.2.2

BackupBuddyVFS Tech states:

"Yes, you can use 4.2.1 with the Treo. It has been tested extensively with the Treo device and hard reset and restore. Even though we did not test with a verizon treo, the basic restore and backup should be the same with any treo device. If you are not comfortable with it, you can use 4.1. It doesn't matter that you are on Mac or Windows when you use BackupBuddyVFS as BackupBuddyVFS is a Palm program only.

So I would recommend installing 4.2.1 first and then do multiple full backups with that version. You could then do the firmware update. If your treo is working fine, I'd wait to do the update. Unless the update gives you really important features or improvements you can wait a while to make sure it is solid."

TIA for your feedback!!!
    I had success with BBVFS 4.2.1, the firmware update 1.10 but on Windows XP. BBVFS kicks ***.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    The update took me about 34 mins.. Im sure depending on the nifty speed of the memory card and how on top of it would make it vary.
    34min.......God
    BBVFS kicks -- VERY GOOD, I agree!

It's sad to see so many talented 3rd party developers on the Palm OS facing it's decline, at best, with iPhone's horizon being wide open!!!

In my case, give me Memos/Notes Syncing, Editing, Groups = Categories in Contactc (send to a Group/BCC), Searching, and good night Palm OS, Good Morning iPhone! Yes, I'll miss Voice Recording, Camcorder, but I bet those will be coming, and so will Video Chat, Skype, iChat etc... But, I won't miss that peephole browser on 700p, and SkullCandy Link Mic/Earphones cables that I have to strap into every time I go out... With iPhone it's one device, one mic/earphones cable... And don't get me started with Palm's 15 Categories Limit, or 3rd Party Apps crashing the device, and Palm's "tech support" telling us to remove the 3rd party apps, to find a culprit!!!! -- I'VE HAD IT WITH PALM!!! Oops, I am getting too agitated!!! Sorry folks...

Like too many, I am so pissed at Palm, after year of being such a Palm enthusiast! But, I'll bite my tongue, cause I don't want to upset folks here...

BackupBuddyVFS guy, Bobby, who does their Tech Support, always gets back quickly... For anyone with a Treo, this is a MUST PRODUCT! I know there are others, but this one has been good to me for a few years, and I never looked elsewhere... And now, as I am counting down to iPhone, obviously I am not gonna look to replace BackupBuddyVFS!!!!
    Last edited by vzdunsucksonmac; 07/15/2007 at 12:51 AM.
    Palm Desktop 4.2.2
    BackupBuddyVFS 4.1
    Does the update fix the incredibly long delay when you want to switch out of the web browser to the phone or any other program? If I web browse for more than a few minutes the treo simply won't let go if I want to stop browsing and do something else, it takes a good minute or two, not seconds to switch.

Sorry, if not clear, I mean the PRE-patched Verizon Treo 700p is incredibly slow switching out of the browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by matzentosh View Post
    Does the update fix the incredibly long delay when you want to switch out of the web browser to the phone or any other program? If I web browse for more than a few minutes the treo simply won't let go if I want to stop browsing and do something else, it takes a good minute or two, not seconds to switch.

Sorry, if not clear, I mean the PRE-patched Verizon Treo 700p is incredibly slow switching out of the browser.
    Yes, I experience MUCH shorter delays (if any) now, and am very pleased with the improvements of everything BUT the BLUETOOTH.
    MR update on Verizon phone went very smoothly and took about 35 minutes. Just make sure phone is connected to its power supply and do not interrupt anything or use the PC. The temptation is high here but the consequences severe is anything is interrupted. After completed I simply did a full resore using Resco Backup and bingo things worked fine. I had to remove Profiles 1.05t as this cause phone to reboot multiple times and ended with Cardkeeper alarming that SD card was removed. I also removed the DST (daylight savings time) updater app as this function is built into the update. System operates faster even with my multitude of third-party apps. The lag is way less although it appears to happen. I think this would go away if I had less third-part apps though? I noticed a difference in the way a soft reset happens when the phone radio is on. Rather than show the Verizon welcome screen, it simply blanks, makes the radio on noise, and then returns to the phone app. Overall I am pleased with all the information supplied by Palm on how to perform the update and was glad to have been surprised with an email informing me the update was ready for download.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123