Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    From what I've read on other threads, if you turn Systems sounds low or off, you won't hear the tone. Could that be why?
    Ahhhhhhh.... That's it... Problem solved... Thanks!
    Happy to help
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    OK. Y'all have probably seen my posts in the other MR Update thread - the big thread. I had mine updated in the store and it trashed my data connection. Until tonight when my area is in the process of switching to EVDO and I have EVDO coverage right now. I have had no problems connecting now. But when in 1x coverage it is unusable. Can someone explain this?

I already have another phone on the way, but if it doesn't have the 1.10 already on it, I am reluctant to re-apply until these issues are hammered out (...before I do some of my own hammering of this phone)...
    Just updated here... after the *228 updates, everything seems fine so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by wnknisely View Post
    Just updated here... after the *228 updates, everything seems fine so far.

after i did my initial update i did *228 option 2.. and the data was sluggy now and then... when i did *228 option 1 , then *228 option 2.. it was back to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c View Post
    any one do the hot sync method? did it work? i dont have a clean memory card.
    You don't need a clean memory card. Using your PC, copy the files to your card. There's only one 'devicecustomizer' folder, plus a start.prc file. Boot using the card after you've put the files on it.

Once you're done with the update, simply use a card reader/writer to delete the start.prc file and the devicecustomizer folder and you're back in business.

Worked for me.
    I just did the update as well and when it completed and I went to do the programming, it was VERY sluggish and made the typical noises that you all talk about. I was able to finally after 3 attempts of getting it to program (call kept dropping as my condo is in a horrid service area) it seems a lot crisper when changing programs. The text message lag will be the test for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    From what I've read on other threads, if you turn Systems sounds low or off, you won't hear the tone. Could that be why?
    You can set both Coverage in/out and Signal Faded under Prefs app "Sounds & Alerts"
    Choose "Phone Alerts" from the drop down ... they're the last two settings on the panel.
    Please someone let us know how BackupBuddy VFS works with this, any bad reports, tips?

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...e/verizon.html
    Mac OS X - Install Mac requires blank expansion cardą and reader

?????!!!!!!!! - so, now I am supposed to buy one?! HOW LAME? They don't trust their own HotSync to do this Installer.... PATHETIC!@!!

I am gonna do this Verizon Treo 700p MR Update AFTER my upcoming vocation, by then the dust will settle, and hopefully no Sprint-like U-Turns --

Check this out:

------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...now-available/

"Verizon 700p Update - rolandstone @ 7/12/2007 10:40:49 PM #

What, nobody brave enough to try it yet? There is only ONE message about this update over on the Palm support forum. It's title says it all

PALM VERIZON UPDATE KILLED MY 700p!

So who's going to be the next brave soul? Not I! "
    Bobby,
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I will be keeping an eye on this Forum
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=147656

After this VZ Treo 700p MR Update hopefully goes smoothly, am I to Insert my SD with BBVFS Backup, and do a Restore? Hope yes, cause that's 6-7 minutes vs. 1h:15m plus via HotSync

Is mVoice 5.5.3 compatible with it too?

Are the self Resets gone?
    Hope that the White Screen Delay after BackupBuddy VFS Backup, when switching to Browser, is fixed!

iPhone Users probable have never heard words like Forum, unless they are Recovering Palm Patients, like me soon to be?!?

No more having to play detective, looking for conflicting applications on iPhone, unlike Palm OS, where the Tech Support in Phillipines, if you have time to wait on Hold for a while, tells you to remove 3rd Party Apps!!!

With Apple Stores everywhere, and every Apple employee, who has been with Apple for 1 year minimum, owning iPhone, there are plenty people to answer Q's...

As soon as iPhone does Copy/Paste Editing, Searching etc, Memos/Notes Syncing -- good bye Palm!

Yes, I'll miss Voice Recorder and Camcorder, but I won't miss having to strap myself into SkullCandy Link http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/link-c-3.html every time I step out with my Treo and iPod bricks...

No need for Missing Sync delivering what HotSync should have had all along...

Real Photo Syncing!!!!

Eventually SlingBox etc. all that stuff will come to iPhone..., as well as the Card Slot probably too?!

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback! TREOCENTRAL is a fantastic site!
    Last edited by vzdunsucksonmac; 07/13/2007 at 10:58 AM. Reason: typo
    Mac OS 10.4.10, Treo 700P, Verizon
    Palm Desktop 4.2.2
    Entourage = Email only(Office 2004 )
    BackupBuddyVFS 4.1
    Well I was within minutes of popping in an SD card and starting the update. But then reading a few more threads I saw reports of trouble with the internet access. While cleaning up a few bugs would be nice, that one is a show stopper. SO unless I see reason to believe that the internet problems were a fluke, I guess random resets are here to stay for me .
    internet access - you mean Browser and email on Treo, not Downloading the Updater from PALM, since you mention SD (installer), right? Just double-checking

So, there are other Threads on this Topic at TreoCentral or other Sites? How about the URL's for those? I'll probably stick to monitoring this one...

I have a feeling this Updater will be a mess... Palm was under the gun with iPhone, plus all of us screaming... PATHETIC, but true... Then let's the 3rd Party Apps Compatibility Detective Games begin...

The 3rd pary Developers can't be expected to own every Treo (carrier specific!!!) and Palm PDA to test such Updaters on... -- another win for iPhone -- just put it into cradle, there go updates... If a newbie looks at Palm's Instructions for this Updater, they'd be nervous, and probably run to VZ Store...

Thank everyone for your Posts!
    Palm Desktop 4.2.2
    BackupBuddyVFS 4.1
    As an update from last night...I am a crazy psychotic text messager so the lag drove me bonkers. Well, I have sent probably 35-40 messages today and not one single moment of lockup or lag so I am THRILLED. Blazer has been fine as it was before and I have not run into the needing to connect to broadband issue as of yet. So I'm happy as of now...could change.
    Quote Originally Posted by vzdunsucksonmac View Post
    Please someone let us know how BackupBuddy VFS works with this, any bad reports, tips?
    BackupBuddy VFS worked perfectly for me. Did a backup. Hard reset. Installed the upgrade SD card. When that was done installed my regular SD card. Restored. Reset. Everything was back as it should be.

-Chris
    I updated, seems good. Took about 30 minutes. I didn't hard reset like palm told me, and the updater told me it was backing up stuff... then when it was done everything was wiped clean. Installed Versa, EAS Update, and mRing 3.3. Things still seem ok. Definitely nothing horrible has happened.

Things seem snappier, but they always seem that way directly after a wipe.

3 Things I want out of this update
    • Better Bluetooth DUN to my Mac
    • Less Lag
    • No freezing SMS
    I just did the HotSync update on XP. It took about 45 minutes, then a few more minutes to do the *228 reprovisioning. I got stuck with file errors while restoring via HotSync so I had do hard reset and restore with BackupBuddy VFS which worked perfectly. I have seen no problems so far and I've successfully tested most of my 100+ apps. Bluetooth is definitely acting more normally.
    Just loaded the update and everything went fine. All my apps are working including Good.

The only minor thing is with my screen. The screen doesn't appear as sharp as before. I've compared it with other co-worker's VZW 700p Treo's and it looks like I have a slight yellow cast shadow. Anyone have this problem/issue after update? Any vertical screen adjustment settings i can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdeckard View Post
    BackupBuddy VFS worked perfectly for me. Did a backup. Hard reset. Installed the upgrade SD card. When that was done installed my regular SD card. Restored. Reset. Everything was back as it should be.

-Chris
    Thanks for posting this Chris. That's the method I'll be using to apply the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmoguy View Post
    Just loaded the update and everything went fine. All my apps are working including Good.

The only minor thing is with my screen. The screen doesn't appear as sharp as before. I've compared it with other co-worker's VZW 700p Treo's and it looks like I have a slight yellow cast shadow. Anyone have this problem/issue after update? Any vertical screen adjustment settings i can do?

that happened to a lot of Sprint users........
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdeckard View Post

-Chris
    Thanks a lot... Just what I wanted to hear!

Meanwhile, I saw this:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...r-impressions/

Maybe this

http://mobilitytoday.com/news/007814/iphone_enterprise

http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/07/...es.iphone.war/

is why APPL stock http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AAPL is screaming today?!

Kramer ! -- predicts $170!!!
    http://videoplayer.thestreet.com/?cl...sh&bitrate=300

time will tell...
    Palm Desktop 4.2.2
    BackupBuddyVFS 4.1
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    that happened to a lot of Sprint users........
    Matty032...was there any talk about a fix or anything to correct it?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast