View Poll Results: How long has your Seidio aftermarket battery functioned properly?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Died within 90 day warranty

0 0%
  • Died after 90 days but before one year

0 0%
  • Worked for at least a year

5 100.00%
  1.    #1  
    I'm soooo tempted to bite the bullet and get the Seidio 2100 mAh extended battery for the 755.

HOWEVER, the 90-day warranty really seems underwhelming on something selling at a $50.00 premium over what I can get a Palm OEM 1800mAh 650/700p battery for on Ebay (and just leave off the back cover). Palm warrants their own ratty (yet usually reliable) OEM batteries for a year - what's Seidio afraid of that they can't offer at least as good a warranty as the OEM battery they purport to replace? Murphy's law usually has failure happen just after warranty ends - $65 (shipped) x 4 = $260.00/year at worst to keep a larger capacity battery in my 755.

I'm very interested in real-world feedback about the reliability of Seidio batteries, as they've produced several up to this point. I would prefer that Seidio would stand behind their product at least as long as Palm does - but since that isn't happening then "real world" feedback will have to do....
    Last edited by Joad; 07/12/2007 at 02:36 PM.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    No problems here, happy customer since my 700p
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I had their extended battery for my 650. I was very satisfied with it. After about 13 months, it began to no longer take a full charge and, in fact, was not lasting any longer than the OEM battery. I also noticed a slight bulge in the battery at this point.

But it gave me more than a year's worth of heavy use. I bought the 2100 right away for my 755 and have been very happy with it as well so far
    I used both the 2200mAh and 2400mAh both for around a year and didn't really have any problems with them. The did both start to run down more quickly after being fully charged and my 2200mAh did begin to bulge near the end so I threw that one out.

I was going to buy that 2100 for the 755, but didn't realize how much it costs. When Seidio first released the 2200mAh for the 700P, it was only $29.95. When I got my 700WX, they had the 2400mAh and it was only $38.95.

Now they want $59.95 for this 2100mAh battery?
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    I used both the 2200mAh and 2400mAh both for around a year and didn't really have any problems with them. The did both start to run down more quickly after being fully charged and my 2200mAh did begin to bulge near the end so I threw that one out.

I was going to buy that 2100 for the 755, but didn't realize how much it costs. When Seidio first released the 2200mAh for the 700P, it was only $29.95. When I got my 700WX, they had the 2400mAh and it was only $38.95.

Now they want $59.95 for this 2100mAh battery?
    Yeah I could definitely use an extra battery but just refuse to pay the premium they are charging for this battery over the other models. I'll wait for someone else or until the price drops.