View Poll Results: Is the MR worth installing?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely

28 48.28%
  • Nope

19 32.76%
  • Undecided

11 18.97%
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Can everyone please help me out...I have a Sprint PCS 700p. Believe it or not...I have not yet installed the maintenance release!!! I have been browsing the forum and trying to see what everyone's opinion is after installing it & i have become overwhelmed with information!!!!

I am a simple man and need a simple answer. can you please give me the bottom line....Is the MR worth installing?

what are the positives?

what are the negatives?

Thanks everyone.
    Everything a positive, except the constant internet dropouts. so, to me, it wasn't worth it.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    For me, yes...it's a good improvement overall.

Pro: Lag slightly less, bluetooth works
    Con: Soft reset MUCH more often now
    I have not and will not!
    I did it and started getting 5-7 resets a day, blurry text in Blazer and unsilenceable STMF tones. Same Lag, BT slightly better SAG no longer working properly.

Took it to the service center and they replaced it with a Refurb with 1.08. I voted undecided but geez after reading what I wrote I think I've decided to forgo this one...first time I've ever passed on a MR.

The resets are the deal breaker for me the other stuff was an annoyance, but constant resets are unacceptable.

Just my .02
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    It seems like I'm getting more resets, mostly when going to the phone app (this seems like when I've hit a few keys before unlocking) or ending a call (as I hang up).

But I think my internet connection is studier and faster.

Resets don't generally hand up (before MR I sometimes had to reset 3 or 4 times, since it got "stuck").

I'm a happy camper.

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Worked perfectly for me, fixed my only issue which was Bluetooth problem when turning it off and then back on.
    Might help this time if you specify Sprint or VZW. There have been similar threads when the Sprint rom updater first appeared (I think I posted one of them).

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Everyone that's having problems after installing the MR, did you do a hard reset before installing it?
    I had almost no problems with my Treo, including no lag and no BT problems, so I didn't install it, and never will. The ONLY problem it has, and I can live with it, is skipping Ptunes. I'd rather not change that for a lost unopened mail icon, random tones when the phone is supposed to be silenced, and other issues that are actually part of the update, not just complications. Just not worth it to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    did you do a hard reset before installing it?
    That is a required step in the official MR installation instructions.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Wish I hadn't. Fixed lag but now bluetooth is broken.
    I've had no unexpected resets since the MR update and with the exception of the DTMF tones, everything else has been improved. So it was a good upgrade for me. I've also tested the bluetooth out with an Infiniti G35 and the pairing and connection where rock solid (not to mention that the on-screen signal strength, battery meter, and caller id all seem to work perfectly well now too). So it looks like your milage may vary.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Everyone that's having problems after installing the MR, did you do a hard reset before installing it?
    I didn't and have had no problems. It has been an overall improvement.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I created a few other surveys attempting to ask the same thing. Please see my summary page with links to the various surveys http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...35&postcount=1
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I'm not going to, sounds like there are bad solutions to the defective 700p, that are trying, but just can't make up for the design flaws of the phone/software...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler