Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Name: PictureSMS
    Version: 1.0
    URL: www.suntzu-software.com

Software Release: July 10, 2007

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/6001/mainij6.jpg http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/6...mingsmsqg1.jpg

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/6...ger0022va3.jpg http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8...dtomanypa8.jpg

PictureSMS is the premiere application for the Treo that utilizes picture caller ID on incoming SMS. It implements effective and easy-to-use user interface for sending and receiving text messages while being fashionable and attractive at the same time. Treo’s built-in messaging application is so bare and really basic, so it has become boring most of the time. PictureSMS provides everything that the built-in has plus tons of more new cool and useful features, such as Picture caller ID, MP3 message tone, SMS blocking, Text Scheduler, Memo and text file utilization, plus a lot more. This is the best replacement SMS application for Treo.

Want to schedule a message to send at a specific date and time? Now you can. One of the main features of PictureSMS is the Text Scheduler. Unlike the built-in messaging program, which limits you to only sending messages manually, the Text Scheduler has the ability to schedule outgoing messages automatically.

NOTE: Setup the media setting first.

FEATURES:

• Picture SMS Caller ID
    • SMS Scheduler
    • WAV/MP3 message tone (requires Pocket Tunes)
    • SMS chat mode design
    • Option to block unwanted SMS or sender
    • SMS backup solution
    • SMS Statistics (Incoming, outgoing, blocked SMS count)
    • Export SMS to Memo (For viewing your SMS on your PC thru Hotsync)
    • Export SMS to text file (For printing your SMS on your PC)
    • Option to suppress SMS popup
    • Utilizes the Treo built-in Memo and Address Book/Contacts
    • Test the media setting before enabling it
    • Dial the number of the sender directly from PictureSMS
    • Better SMS forwarding implementation
    • Unlimited multiple recipients (Send to Many)
    • Add a new contact in Address Book directly from PictureSMS
    • Character and SMS counter
    • Send and receive unlimited SMS length
    • Intuitive interface
    • Option to save all incoming SMS to Memo in real-time
    • Can work with other ringtone manager (LightWav, CallFilter, Ringo, etc)
    • Safety feature on sending to many recipients
    • Option to automatically disable keyguard when an SMS has been received

Available at:

www.suntzu-software.com
    http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?xyz=133936
    http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...oductId=209863
    Last edited by Suntzupa; 08/31/2007 at 03:50 AM.
    Another great looking app...testing now.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Thanks reverend!

I updated the prc files on 3 websites. The same version but updated. So if you downloaded it before this post, kindly do an update.

Changes:

- Fixed the individual Caller ID sensitivity on some countries in the media setting.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Suntzupa
    Very interesting app. I have SMS Scheduler, but your app. does much more!

Some questions:
    1) Can a message be scheduled to MULTIPLE recipients? If not, is this feature in the future plans? Schedule to MULTIPLE recipients is the feature I REALLY want.
    2) Can we search in the messages?
    3) Templates in the future?

Thanks
    John
    Last edited by Brjlk; 07/12/2007 at 11:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Seems like a slick app! I have a couple of quick questions as well. First, can this app be successfully installed OTA? I'm not by a PC and attempted to do the install on my device and had some issues. The app did not read my contacts database so I had to delete it because it was virtually useless.. Any thoughts/solutions for this or did I do something wrong (please keep in mind I could not review the user manual)? Lastly, is there any way to make this app my default SMS handler? I went into the preferences menu and tried to make it my default SMS app and it would not allow me to do this. Thanks, in advance, for the help!
    The program caused a reset while receiving a message. (I sent a test message to my phone.) I am using a Treo 700p without the MR
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qb11g View Post
    Lastly, is there any way to make this app my default SMS handler? I went into the preferences menu and tried to make it my default SMS app and it would not allow me to do this.
    I got no problem installing it & getting it to read my contacts. Tap on the List Icon between -Send- and -Done - to open up your contact list.

Did you highlight the ON tab in the main window first. When it is ON, Picture SMS becomes the Default SMS app. Pressing on the Messaging hardware button will launch Picture SMS.

John
    does it really remove the 160 character limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    I would hope not, considering that's a carrier/network limit.

Split messages across the 160 character boundary, that would be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post

Thats what I meant

If it does that I would get it.
    Suntzupa, this app looks very promising! A couple of questions:

1) Will it send SMS messages to an email address?

2) Is there a repeat function to automatically send the same message at specified intervals?
    Quote Originally Posted by Parityone View Post
    The program caused a reset while receiving a message. (I sent a test message to my phone.) I am using a Treo 700p without the MR
    This may have been caused by my having Chatter use the messaging button for launch. I'll have to reinstall to test this out.
    The one thing that I find annoying is that after you delete all inbox SMS or outbox SMS, the app will exit.
    Great going Suntzu... no wonder you were incommunicado for so long. Now I know what you were up to...

Both PictureSMS (lots of people asking for this, so I hope it is very successful) and SMSCommander are unique... the UI's of both apps are great too.

- mvk

PS: your website is looking good too.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brjlk View Post
    Suntzupa
    Very interesting app. I have SMS Scheduler, but your app. does much more!

Some questions:
    1) Can a message be scheduled to MULTIPLE recipients? If not, is this feature in the future plans? Schedule to MULTIPLE recipients is the feature I REALLY want.
    2) Can we search in the messages?
    3) Templates in the future?

Thanks
    John
    1.) Yes, it will be included in the future versions. Schedule to multiple recipients plus REPEAT on SMTWTFS days.
    2.) Not yet in this version.
    3.) Yes, coming in the future version.

There are lots of future features for this app.

Quote Originally Posted by qb11g
    Seems like a slick app! I have a couple of quick questions as well. First, can this app be successfully installed OTA? I'm not by a PC and attempted to do the install on my device and had some issues. The app did not read my contacts database so I had to delete it because it was virtually useless.. Any thoughts/solutions for this or did I do something wrong (please keep in mind I could not review the user manual)? Lastly, is there any way to make this app my default SMS handler? I went into the preferences menu and tried to make it my default SMS app and it would not allow me to do this. Thanks, in advance, for the help!

1. Yes, Handango and Palmgear supports OTA. I will add it on my website.
    2. When you Turn on PictureSMS, it will automatically be the default SMS handler. And the Message button will also be automatically assigned to PictureSMS.

Quote Originally Posted by sxtg

Please let me know if it does on your network. In my network, I can send/receive 5 continous SMS.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC

Suntzupa, this app looks very promising! A couple of questions:

1) Will it send SMS messages to an email address?

2) Is there a repeat function to automatically send the same message at specified intervals?
    Thanks!

1.) Currently,not supported.
    2.) Yes, in the future versions

Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin

The one thing that I find annoying is that after you delete all inbox SMS or outbox SMS, the app will exit.
    Yes..so that everything would be reinitialized again. I think you wouldn't delete inbox/outbox SMS everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex

Great going Suntzu... no wonder you were incommunicado for so long. Now I know what you were up to...

Both PictureSMS (lots of people asking for this, so I hope it is very successful) and SMSCommander are unique... the UI's of both apps are great too.

- mvk

PS: your website is looking good too.
    Thanks mate! Yup, been busy for months developing and beta testing these apps.
    I Would like to see the following features in this Very interesting app :

1) automatic Hiding the send & received SMS with password to view for ALL or specific Caller
    from Address Book/Contacts .
    2) send & recive encrypted SMS between any PictureSMS clients.
    Last edited by number1; 07/13/2007 at 06:59 AM.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I schedule a sms to be sent at 8.30.
    From 8.29 to 8.31, my phone is engaged with an incoming or outgoing call.
    In this case what happens to my scheduled sms? It is not sent? PictureSMS retries a few minutes later, until it is sent?

I also sent a msg to myself. It is sent and appears on my Sent box, but I never received it.
    Correction:
    I received it, but much later

I would also prefer to see the name of the sender, instead of the number only for incoming messages.

John
    Last edited by Brjlk; 07/13/2007 at 10:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I really like! I would be interested if the interface was a LITTLE less clutered, or customizable, skinnable. if it is, correct me.

also, there is an app for Windows Mobile called TEXTR, it displays people's pictures from the address book next to there name for the conversation. I would LOVE to see that on the Treo!!!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    oh and one more thing!

in VeriChat, you were able to reply when the window notifying you of a txt came up. I hate having to leave my app to reply to a txt message. It was nice to just type something in, click Send. and return right to what I was doing.

Can this do it? I haven't tried it yet... looks amazing tho!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post

On a side note, the Palm threaded SMS app for WM will do exactly that (I have it on my Mogul) while the PalmOS version of the same app will not (755p).
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast