Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Hi matchz,

Nope, MMS will still be handled by the built-in messaging app. MMS is just MMS. We cannot think of any idea of improving it. The built-in messaging app is just right for the job.

BTW, wait for the next beta version. We just added a new exciting feature. A breakthrough in the Treo messaging world.
    SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I just started using this app today and so far I like it. Would it be possible for you to get with Shimon at shsh software so he can monitor/use this as the default SMS app with 2Day and Takephone? Also, with this app set to on, Ptunes thinks it's active and launches the Ptunes console with my defined button, calendar, instead of launching 2day. I disabled the console for now. Do you think this could be fixed? Thanks! Great app!
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    I guess I won't be trying this software again in the future... My questions about how to reinstall (keeps saying trial period is over) have been ignored.
  4.    #104  
    @twitch3

Thanks! I will talk to Shimon.

@manilenio

I haven't ignored your question. You just have to read on my previous replies. But I'll repeat it for you and in details.

I have talked to a lot of developers including Dmitry Grinberg of Palmpowerups about this some time ago. And the concensus; that's the only protection we can have against piracy. If the trial version is only 7 days, then so be it. We lost a lot because of piracy.

Hope you understand. In tagalog, sana naintindihan mo na.
    SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzupa View Post
    @twitch3
    Awesome!
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry

I haven't ignored your question. You just have to read on my previous replies. But I'll repeat it for you and in details.

I have talked to a lot of developers including Dmitry Grinberg of Palmpowerups about this some time ago. And the concensus; that's the only protection we can have against piracy. If the trial version is only 7 days, then so be it. We lost a lot because of piracy.

I understand a little. I too tried your App and uninstalled it. Now you've made upgrades I can't retry it because the trail period is over. You're concerned about piracy, understandable, but because of your concern you've locked out customers wanting to retry your product. I'm a photographer and ever since the digital age came about nothing is more pirated then digital images. Its the number one concern among professional photographers. Yet, I'LL NEVER, lock out an interested customer wanting my product because some other guy pirated my product once. I scratch my head at the logic.

ET
    Last edited by etphoto; 10/05/2007 at 09:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I tried to go to the Suntzu site to read the manual for this software and it says service is unavailable. Anyone else have a problem?
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Same thing for me just now when I tried to access the site.

I was looking for that new beta!!
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
  9.    #109  
    ooppss..The host is down, it will be back soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    Thanks!
    When will be the next beta available?
  11.    #111  
    Hi matchz,

It will be out next week or the following week. We are planning to release the latest beta for SMS Commander and PictureSMS at the same time.

Thanks!

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    @twitch3

@manilenio

Hehe! I understand where you're coming from suntzu. I also agree with the post about not locking out potential customers but then again, I guess it's either this or that, not both. Thanks for the response though, at least now I know I won't be able to re-try the software anymore, or until you change your mind about your anti-piracy policy. Good luck, you rock! In tagalog, galing mo pre.
    Can you make an option for not having the program take over the hard button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parityone View Post
    Can you make an option for not having the program take over the hard button.
    I would vote for that too.... I use my Msg/Mail button for E-mail..... I use that more than messaging most days.
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
  15.    #115  
    ParityOne & ChiefBragg,

You win. We'll add it. Thanks!

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
  16.    #116  
    PictureSMS 1.06 Beta - October 19, 2007

1. Added picture caller id on the SMS list (LilPic©). The ideal size for the picture is 30x30 pixel. Sample pictures are included in the folder for your reference.

http://suntzu-software.com/beta/lilpic.jpg

2. Added PictureSMS address book and the option to import contacts from the built-in address book.

Benefits:
    a. Speed improvement. Since you have the option to add only the frequent SMS contacts.
    b. Fixed the strange Caller ID problem on some devices.
    c. Ability to change the name of the sender without affecting the contact in the built-in addressbook.
    d. The display name of Unknown (no caller id) can now be changed.
    e. Adding a contact in composing new SMS can be done either by searching the contact name or the contact number. E.g. Typing 89, every number which has 89 will be included.

http://suntzu-software.com/beta/a1.060005.jpg http://suntzu-software.com/beta/a1.060006small.jpg

3. Option to set a custom picture and sound alert to Unknown (no caller id) contact.
    4. Aesthetic adjustments.
    5. PictureSMS can now be assigned as the default SMS application in the Treo Preferences.

Benefits:

On any software in your Treo, mobile number hotlinks can now be handled by PictureSMS if SMS handling is needed. This new feature supports all the built-in applications and 3rd party softwares like TakePhone, UltimatePhone, Agendus, TreoMemo, etc., and other Phone Application softwares.

http://suntzu-software.com/beta/pref.jpg

Built-in Phone Application:

http://suntzu-software.com/beta/mixedbismall.jpg

TakePhone:

http://suntzu-software.com/beta/mixedtpsmall.jpg

UltimatePhone:

http://suntzu-software.com/beta/mixedupsmall.jpg

Please download it from our website or use the on-board PictureSMS Check for Update feature:

www.suntzu-software.com/beta.htm

P.S.

To all valued customers, we will send you the notice as soon as our email server is up and running.

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    Suntzu, great freakin' job!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    The program looks really nice. Unfortunately, everytime I try to use it, I get a reset when text message comes in. I don't actually get the message, the phone just resets. I tried it at least 5 times and achieved a reset every time.
    before I try this program I have to ask a very important question:

will it display non-latin characters? Which font library does it use? Is it compatible with Piloc (Pilot Localization)?
    Quote Originally Posted by xpan View Post
    before I try this program I have to ask a very important question:

will it display non-latin characters? Which font library does it use? Is it compatible with Piloc (Pilot Localization)?
    Make sure you get answers to your questions before trying it. Once you try it and then delete it out of your phone, you can't reuse (in trial mode) it after they make improvements to see if it works better.

ET
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast