Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    PictureSMS 1.02 is out and ready for download. It’s a wrap up of the Beta1, Beta2, and Beta3 versions plus some minor improvements.

Changes:

1. Multiple/unlimited number of recipients in the SMS scheduler.
    2. Option to show SMS picture ID in black & white. (Requested by a photographer/artist)
    3. Now supports pictures and sound files located in the RAM (Treo internal memory).
    4. Check radio and signal quality before sending.
    5. Media settings are now independent of one another (vibrate, pictures, and sound files)
    6. Better simultaneous receiving SMS while sending.
    7. Added beaming JpegLib.prc.
    8. Added Check for Update form.
    9. No need to exit the app When deleting the inbox or outbox.
    10. Added sticking out tongue smiley :-P, kissing Smiley :-x, and the smoking smiley :! which is an undocumented in the manual. Sort of "easter egg" smiley.
    11. Added Last Name field in the Add New contacts form.
    12. Deleting single contact on the recipient list is now possible using the 5-way navigator.
    13. Added the ability to remember the last typed SMS and recipients. This will come handy when you are composing an SMS and suddenly you need to switch to another application. PictureSMS will now remember the last SMS you have typed and the recipients previously added.
    14. Added recipients counter in the compose new SMS form.
    15. Renamed the preference option Import all incoming SMS to Memo to Export all incoming SMS to Memo.
    16. Fixed bug where some jpg and mp3 files are not listed.
    17. Fixed the Received SMS statistics bug.
    18. Fixed bug when setting media setting with no external card.
    19. Fixed clipboard bug.
    20. Fixed bug on Call Sender menu.
    21. Fixed "Sending SMS..." hang while receiving new SMS.

Please get it at www.suntzu-software.com or use the Check for Update (OTA) form in PictureSMS.
    SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    i would like to see a list of names of the last people that i have sent sms to.
    like in the default launcher there is a drop down box where this will show up
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Driving me crazy, I can't get someone's picture to display. I resized the picture and added them to the media manager and it displays correctly when I hit the test button. Yet, when someone textes me I'm not seeing their picture as it is displayed in the manual. I have the image resized for 1/4 screen.

ET
  4.    #64  
    @comedytreogirl

It will be included in the future versions. thanks!

@etphoto

Hi! Do you have extra digits like dash(-),period(.), etc on the contact entries on your phonebook? Please let me know.
    SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzupa View Post
    @comedytreogirl

It will be included in the future versions. thanks!

@etphoto

Hi! Do you have extra digits like dash(-),period(.), etc on the contact entries on your phonebook? Please let me know.
    I deleted it from my treo . Its a good application im going to wait a little longer to see a few more update and then you got a buyer.
    i see that the option to see the last few people that i texted will be added in the future. also quick text. when im composing a text some times i just use the built in quick text can this be added?. also i want to see my signature and the ability to chat and change the color like the default launcher .
    these things may seem so small but if you have been living with palm as long as i have you realy get use to these things.
    where did all the other smiley faces go? when i did the drop down box i only saw like 4-5 they look a little distorted to me.
    I agree with the other poster. i send alot of text messages a day for business and would like to cut down on phone calls. so less graphics would be great.

Im waiting till the next update. will i have a problem downloading it? i see that the other poster cant continue with the trial cause he downloaded it once before?
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 08/18/2007 at 11:30 AM.
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    @comedytreogirl

@etphoto

Yes I do, but when I add them in the Media Manager there is no - or . If that is a requirement, that all the numbers in my phonebook need to be changed, I won't be using your program.

Something else I noticed. When I have a chat (text) open and I send a text to someone and they answer, their answer isn't in the open window (which is the way it is in the texting program that comes with the treo). I have to find their answer at the top of the Inbox. I don't like that.

Finally, when I turn PictureSMS off, the button on the treo assigned to the texting program that came with the treo doesn't work anymore for either PictureSMS or the original texting program.

ET
    I went ahead and deleted PictureSMS from my Treo. I just didn't work right for me. If some of the bugs get worked out I might reload it.

ET
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl View Post
    I deleted it from my treo .
    Im waiting till the next update. will i have a problem downloading it? i see that the other poster cant continue with the trial cause he downloaded it once before?
    What I would suggest is the ability to use PictureSMS with built-in sms app. side by side on Treo as 2 independent apps. Use built-in for sending & receiving normal sms, & PictureSMS to schedule send to one or many recipients.
    Actually it is either PictureSMS or Built-in. I understand that people may miss features they actually have in built, but which have not been implemented yet in PictureSMS. This will allow them to use both until they find the time ripe for them to completely switch to PictureSMS.

PS. This version of PictureSMS did not run on my Treo after my trial period expired, but I bought it anyway.

John
    Leonardo, Listpro, Agendus12, Phone Magic, Adarian Money, Ultrasoft Money, Lightwave 2.4

SMS Scheduler, FunSMS, SMS Counter, PictureSMS 1.01B2, Butler, Phone Technician

Resco Backup, Resco Photo Viewer, Mobilewrite, Text Plus, Card Reader,SlovoEd Dict.

Project @ Hand
    Another thing I didn't really like about it (again, I could have had it set wrong) is the list of messages in the Inbox or Sent box started with the person's cell number. The built in SMS program used names which was much easier to keep track of.

ET
    would it be safe to say the the built in sms is good and picture sms should just be intergrated into it? this is what i would like to see.
    yes we want the schedual sms and the picture stuff.
  11.    #71  
    @etphoto

I'm not sure why it didn't work for you. I have lots of customers who own Treo 700p and 755p and other CDMA Treo but they didn't experience it. I even sent surveys to them regarding the problem you have.

It could be some apps are conflicting with PictureSMS. Plus the turning off of PictureSMS, it's the first time someone has reported to us that it wouldn't restore the hard button assignment.

I suggest you to stick with your built-in messaging app. Thanks for the interest anyway.

@Brjlk

Can you please tell me what PictureSMS has missed against the built-in? The built-in messaging app is just for plain sending and receiving SMS.

@comedytreogirl

Then, PictureSMS is not for you. Thanks for the interest anyway.

That's the good about using a Trial version.
    Last edited by Suntzupa; 08/20/2007 at 01:42 AM.

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
  12.    #72  
    @etphoto

I'm not sure why it didn't work for you. I have lots of customers who own Treo 700p and 755p and other CDMA Treo but they didn't experience it. I even sent surveys to them regarding the problem you have.

It could be some apps are conflicting with PictureSMS. Plus the turning off of PictureSMS, it's the first time someone has reported to us that it wouldn't restore the hard button assignment.

I suggest you to stick with your built-in messaging app. Thanks for the interest anyway.

@Brjlk

Can you please tell me what PictureSMS has missed against the built-in? The built-in messaging app is just for plain sending and receiving SMS.

@comedytreogirl

Last edited by Suntzupa; 08/20/2007 at 01:42 AM.

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    the ability to add smiley's! like... download sets maybe.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    @etphoto

@Brjlk

@comedytreogirl

this board i always thought was for open communication? we are all just making suggestion . It seems like you are taking it personal. we like the application however we are just suggesting things.
    ...not for me. I couldn't get my previous issues resolved. With the resets and not being able to see pictures I had to discontinue its use. I could always here a sound when a text was coming in but never got a visual. I had to go into chat log to see a new text. I know the app is evolving and will monitor it's progress. I'm hoping it will become more useful for me with upgrades at some point. Thanks for your help Suntzupa.
    Blackberry 7520 (Nextel)> Palm 700p (Sprint)> Burgundy Palm 755p (Sprint w/sero)> HTC Touch (Sprint w/sero) Apps include: Touchpal, HTC Home Customizer, TCMCP
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl View Post
    this board i always thought was for open communication? we are all just making suggestion . It seems like you are taking it personal. we like the application however we are just suggesting things.
    Oh no no..Please don't get me wrong. What I meant was if it crashes or you are not happy with the features then don't buy it. The trial version is there to give you ideas on how it would behave on your Treo.

I just don't want to run much off the tracks on the plans for PictureSMS. If the people's suggestions are in line with PictureSMS' philosophy, then I would add it. Suggestions, comments, and new ideas are always welcome. We are adding new features yet keeping it's agility.

I sincereley apologize for the misunderstanding.

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Prince View Post
    I could always here a sound when a text was coming in but never got a visual. I had to go into chat log to see a new text. .
    Is " Suppress SMS popup" unchecked in Preferences? If it is checked you won't see the incoming message.

John
    Leonardo, Listpro, Agendus12, Phone Magic, Adarian Money, Ultrasoft Money, Lightwave 2.4

Resco Backup, Resco Photo Viewer, Mobilewrite, Text Plus, Card Reader,SlovoEd Dict.

Project @ Hand
    I'm having an issue with the vibrate. I have it set not to vibrate... have turned off anything that could cause it to vibrate.... and even new profiles I set up and never check the box still are vibrating. I have turned it off in the default... and even reinstalled my ringtone program. As a last resort when I get home tonight I"m going to try deinstalling it and then installing it back and resetting things back up and see if that don't fix it. Otherwise I like this program... I like having the picture fill the screen and none of the text message showing....
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brjlk View Post
    What I would suggest is the ability to use PictureSMS with built-in sms app. side by side on Treo as 2 independent apps. Use built-in for sending & receiving normal sms, & PictureSMS to schedule send to one or many recipients.
    I just discovered something interesting about PictureSMS.
    Disabling PictureSMS will automatically assign the Messaging button to Built-in sms app.,
    incoming messages will go to built-in sms app. BUT it does not stop PictureSMS
    from Sending Scheduled SMS.

Something I did not know and is not mentioned in the manual .
    BTW how many knew about that?

So? Both PictureSMS AND Built-in app. can run side by side on Treo as I wanted it!

John

Project @ Hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Brjlk View Post
    Is " Suppress SMS popup" unchecked in Preferences? If it is checked you won't see the incoming message.

John
    This option was always unchecked.
    Blackberry 7520 (Nextel)> Palm 700p (Sprint)> Burgundy Palm 755p (Sprint w/sero)> HTC Touch (Sprint w/sero) Apps include: Touchpal, HTC Home Customizer, TCMCP
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast