Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by phillydog View Post
    Well, a couple of suggestions:

1. I use my Treo as a pager and am very dependent on Butler's attention manager / nag feature if I miss a SMS/page alert. Is there anyway to have Butler recognize this as an SMS and alert me.

2. Can the alert be customized?

3. It seems as if I get an audible alert on an incoming SMS, but the screen doesn't wake up. Again if using this as a pager, it is problematic as it is very easy to miss the small beep and message. When I power on, the pSMS pop-up is present.

1. Nag option will be added on the future version.
    2. Yes, use any other mp3/wav.
    3. You have to setup at least the ALLCONTACTS media setting

Quote Originally Posted by manilenio
    so, gave the trial a whirl, and I'm undecided. I don't know what features are not activated for the trial version, so here are my initial impressions:
    1. When choosing to create a new message, it doesn't give you a quick way to choose the recipient(s).
    2. The 5-way doesn't seem to be very well implemented.
    3. My contact's picture didn't show up when she sent me an SMS.
    4. Upon installation, the existing messages on your inbox/outbox/sent/drafts/templates/saved don't get ported over to it (maybe an option to import?)
    5. There should be an option to use the midi files instead of just wav/mp3

I uninstalled it for the meantime as I didn't see the advantages over the native application. I'll try it again in the future.
    1. Yes, there is no way to add it there.
    2. I beg to differ. Perhaps, you don't know how to use 5-way nav.
    3. Do you have extra dash (-) or period (.) on your contact lists? But this is already addressed on next beta.
    4. Nope. Because there is a big difference on the built-in messaging database and PictureSMS database.
    5. Nope. Most of the Treos now have built-in Pocket Tunes in their ROM.

No problem at all. I think I've already talked with you by email.

Quote Originally Posted by Brjlk and number1

Approximately when will we see those features?
    I just log in yesterday and I'm working on it now. But my priority is the multiple recipients on the scheduled SMS. I find it cool.

Thanks everyone for the overwhelming feedbacks to PictureSMS, SMS Commander and BattLogger. I really didn't expect the positive and intense response on my softwares. Even before and after Palmgear and Handango put a sale price tags on it.

Expect for more improvements and cool features. Of course more new applications from Suntzu Software.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzupa View Post
    1. Yes, there is no way to add it there.
    2. I beg to differ. Perhaps, you don't know how to use 5-way nav.
    3. Do you have extra dash (-) or period (.) on your contact lists? But this is already addressed on next beta.
    4. Nope. Because there is a big difference on the built-in messaging database and PictureSMS database.
    5. Nope. Most of the Treos now have built-in Pocket Tunes in their ROM.
    [/COLOR]
    1. Pity... That would make adding recipients easier, therefore making the software more user-friendly.
    2. I'll try not to be offended cuz I'm not a programmer. But I've been using the treo since the 600 and I think I'm pretty dextrous with the 5-way. I'll just leave it at that.
    3. Nope. No extra dashes or period in the contact list.
    4. More's the pity.
    5. Although most Treos now have pTunes built in, the implementation is clumsy at best since the Treo doesn't handle mp3/wav natively. It would be nice to give the user the option to use the native midi library.

One question: does PictureSMS use the native nexter application, or did you code your own? If for nothing else, this would be the major reason I would try this app again. The nexter app just plain sucks, it always resets my treo!

Good software overall Suntzu

It's a good software, keep at it
    Last edited by manilenio; 07/24/2007 at 09:55 AM. Reason: corrections.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I just log in yesterday and I'm working on it now. But my priority is the multiple recipients on the scheduled SMS. I find it cool.
    I am just waiting for this feature to switch from SMS Scheduler

John
  4.    #44  
    PictureSMS 1.01 Beta2 is now posted.

Software Release: July 31, 2007

1. Multiple/unlimited number of recipients in the SMS scheduler.

http://88.198.45.22/pic/s/suntzusoftware/beta0000.jpg http://88.198.45.22/pic/s/suntzusoftware/beta.jpg

2. Option to show SMS picture ID in black & white. (Requested by a photographer/artist)

http://88.198.45.22/pic/s/suntzusoftware/beta0001.jpg

3. Now supports pictures and sound files located in the RAM (Treo internal memory).
    4. Check radio and signal quality before sending.
    5. Media settings are now independent of one another (vibrate, pictures, and sound files)
    6. Better simultaneous receiving SMS while sending.
    7. Added beaming JpegLib.prc.
    8. Added Check for Update form.
    9. Fixed bug on Call Sender menu.
    10. Fixed "Sending SMS..." hang while receiving new SMS.
    11. Fixed bug when setting media setting with no external card.
    12. Fixed bug where some jpg and mp3 files are not listed.

Download it at:

http://suntzusoftware.page.tl/BETA-Releases.htm
    SMS Machine PictureSMS SMS Commander BattLogger TraceCrash MemoManager vCardManager

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio View Post
    so, gave the trial a whirl, and I'm undecided. I don't know what features are not activated for the trial version, so here are my initial impressions:
    1. When choosing to create a new message, it doesn't give you a quick way to choose the recipient(s).
    The program allows you to choose from the Palm address book.
    What do you call quick way to add a recipient? A list of recent recipients?

John
    I installed it and uninstalled the same day a couple of weeks ago because I got resets. I tried to install again now, but it says my trial is over.

I would love to try this to see if it works for me now before I buy.

Any way to do this Suntzu?
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    I installed it and uninstalled the same day a couple of weeks ago because I got resets. I tried to install again now, but it says my trial is over.

IMO, sharewares should not be time limited, because we can try only one version of the app.

As an alternative, I would suggest a lag between a command and it's execution if we want to continue trying after the unlimited trial period.This lag would make the app. unpractical to use, but as it will not expire, it can be tried on all versions, until we fall on the right version to buy.

After all, we are the debuggers, the constructive critics and more importantly the potential buyers

I suggested the idea on mytreo.net and was accepted by Toysoft for Lightwav.

John
    Leonardo, Listpro, Agendus12, Phone Magic, Adarian Money, Ultrasoft Money, Lightwave 2.4

SMS Scheduler, FunSMS, SMS Counter, PictureSMS 1.01B2, Butler, Phone Technician

Resco Backup, Resco Photo Viewer, Mobilewrite, Text Plus, Card Reader,SlovoEd Dict.

Project @ Hand
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Software Release: July 31, 2007
    1. Multiple/unlimited number of recipients in the SMS scheduler.
    I have drafted my sms and selected about 20 recipients in the SMS Scheduler. Just before sending, I want to remove one recipient. There seems no other way to do so than cancell the Scheduled msg and start over, this time excluding the recipient I wanted to remove.

Ability to remove one or several recipients from the list would be much appreciated.

John
    Leonardo, Listpro, Agendus12, Phone Magic, Adarian Money, Ultrasoft Money, Lightwave 2.4

Resco Backup, Resco Photo Viewer, Mobilewrite, Text Plus, Card Reader,SlovoEd Dict.

Project @ Hand

I have the same problem.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

6. Better simultaneous receiving SMS while sending.
    Is a scheduled sms sent if at that scheduled time my phone is engaged with an incoming or outgoing call?

John

Project @ Hand
  11.    #51  
    PictureSMS 1.01 Beta3 - August 12, 2007

Changes:

1. Added the ability to remember the last typed SMS and recipients in the Compose SMS form. This will come handy when you are composing an SMS and suddenly you need to switch to another application. PictureSMS will now remember the last SMS you have typed and the recipients previously added.
    2. Added recipients counter in the compose new SMS form.
    3. Deleting single contact on the recipient list is now possible.
    4. Renamed the preference option Import all incoming SMS to Memo to Export all incoming SMS to Memo.
    5. Fixed the Received SMS statistics bug.
    6. Added Last Name field in the Add New contacts form.
    7. Fixed clipboard bug.

If you are currently using the version beginning from Beta2, you can update by OTA (Over-the-Air) using the on board Check for Update form.

Please download and report any bugs at:

www.suntzu-software.com/beta.htm
    SMS Machine PictureSMS SMS Commander BattLogger TraceCrash MemoManager vCardManager

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    I think the replying on the alert screen point was good. I use Verichat and Chatter and I like being able to answer directly on the alert screen thus allowing me to continue to use GPS...
    I installed it and uninstalled the same day a couple of weeks ago because I got resets.
    Same here. Is anyone else also experiencing:

1. Sometimes I receive a notification that is visual, for example, if no picture has been assigned to a recipient a big smiley face will appear during notification of new incoming text, other times I just get an audible alert with no visual notification.

2. Also, even when I receive an audible notification of new incoming text (with no visual), I have to actually go INSIDE the chat log to see the new message instead of the new message appearing in the message list.
    Blackberry 7520 (Nextel)> Palm 700p (Sprint)> Burgundy Palm 755p (Sprint w/sero)> HTC Touch (Sprint w/sero) Apps include: Touchpal, HTC Home Customizer, TCMCP
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Prince View Post

1. Sometimes I receive a notification that is visual, for example, if no picture has been assigned to a recipient a big smiley face will appear during notification of new incoming text, other times I just get an audible alert with no visual notification.

2. Also, even when I receive an audible notification of new incoming text (with no visual), I have to actually go INSIDE the chat log to see the new message instead of the new message appearing in the message list.
    1 I always get the smiley face & audible alert

2 The message is readable at the bottom of the smiley face (BTW, I find the smiley face too big. I would prefer to view more of the incoming message)

Have you disabled the keyguard to see if it works better?
    Go to Options/Preferences/Auto-disable Keyguard

John

Project @ Hand
  15.    #55  
    @cglaguna

Yup, Quick Reply button is a good idea. This will surely be in the future versions.

@Diana Prince

Are you using a 3rd party keyguard? Have you tried setting up the ALLCONTACTS media setting?

Try also Brjlk's suggestion.

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    I installed it and uninstalled the same day a couple of weeks ago because I got resets.
    I tried the program during the first release and got resets too and had to uninstall.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Prince View Post

I also like to see more text than graphics since I receive critical information/data throughout the day on my device. A quick glance/read without having to scroll is always a plus for me.

If no picture has been assigned to a recipient, is there a preference to set another pic/image/logo stored on the Treo or SD card as the "default" other than the large smiley face?

Great job on a useful app!

P.S. How about the smiley face below with the hat and light?
    Last edited by ChiefBragg; 08/12/2007 at 08:50 PM.
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
    @Diana Prince

Are you using a 3rd party keyguard? Have you tried setting up the ALLCONTACTS media setting?
    If you mean am I using a 3rd party app to suppress the keyguard, no. I do have Butler installed but I am using the original settings on the treo to suppress the keyguard. My media settings are set to all contacts.
    Blackberry 7520 (Nextel)> Palm 700p (Sprint)> Burgundy Palm 755p (Sprint w/sero)> HTC Touch (Sprint w/sero) Apps include: Touchpal, HTC Home Customizer, TCMCP
  18.    #58  
    We'll investigate on that. Thanks Diana.

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    When I use the program preferences to set a picture and ring tone to a phone number and then hit the Test button, I get a reset.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Parityone View Post
    When I use the program preferences to set a picture and ring tone to a phone number and then hit the Test button, I get a reset.
    Please download the latest version.

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast