Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    My Treo 680's SMS application splits the messages beyond the 160 limit, it just makes it 2 or 3 messages, depending on the amount I type. Also, my friends say it comes down at the same time in order, instead of delaying.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
  2.    #22  
    July 14, 2007

- Added BETA Release section in the Suntzu Software website. You can check here if your request or suggestion is already fulfilled. Or if there are improvements that are not yet in the officially released.

- PictureSMS 1.01 Beta is now posted. Unofficial release.

http://suntzusoftware.page.tl/BETA-Releases.htm
    Suntzupa... this is going to be the "ChatterEmail" of messaging! Great Job!

- mvk
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzupa View Post
    July 14, 2007

- Added BETA Release section in the Suntzu Software website. You can check here if your request or suggestion is already fulfilled. Or if there are improvements that are not yet in the officially released.

- PictureSMS 1.01 Beta is now posted. Unofficial release.

http://suntzusoftware.page.tl/BETA-Releases.htm
    holy wockamoley! that was fast of you! your right, this is going to be the chattermail of messaging!

I love the smiley's! I tried it out on my Treo, and I had to default back to the normal SMS app, I personally just don't feel it yet. But! It is an awesome app! If it was skinnable to look like the regular SMS program, I would use it. Im so used to the normal program it is hard to change.

Still kicking forward my idea of the users pictures nxt to there name in the thread view of all the coversations, like Textr. And I got another, I hate waiting for it to say "Sending". The 750 doesn't do this. Is there a way to put an instant send into ths awesome app!?

vCardManager is on my Treo, I never realized you made it. Amazing work you do!
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    My Treo 680's SMS application splits the messages beyond the 160 limit, it just makes it 2 or 3 messages, depending on the amount I type. Also, my friends say it comes down at the same time in order, instead of delaying.
    My Messaging app. version on Treo 680 is v.2.6.1
    I cannot exceed 160 characters. Is your version later?

John
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brjlk View Post
    My Messaging app. version on Treo 680 is v.2.6.1
    I cannot exceed 160 characters. Is your version later?

John
    nope, same exact version. Thats weird... maybe its your provider. Who are you on?
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    nope, same exact version. Thats weird... maybe its your provider. Who are you on?
    Emtel GSM in Mauritius
    The ability of being able to schedule a msg is really nice. Try it, you'll like it.

<Is there a way to put an instant send into ths awesome app!?>
    Well, if you do not Schedule a msg and just compose a new message,it goes instantly when you press Send.

John
    Last edited by Brjlk; 07/14/2007 at 04:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Oh. I think it may be your provider... maybe.

Im on T-Mobile USA and it works dandy, ive gone all the way up to 5 x160 characters and it hasn't stopped me.
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Suntzu, are you a noypi by any chance? If you are, wow, you make all of us proud! BTW, if you are, could you give this countryman more discounts? <wink>
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio View Post
    Suntzu, are you a noypi by any chance? If you are, wow, you make all of us proud! BTW, if you are, could you give this countryman more discounts? <wink>
    What is a noypi?

John
    reverse of noy-pi. its pinoy. pinoy is the local term for Filipino from the Philippines.
    Quote Originally Posted by superman820 View Post
    reverse of noy-pi. its pinoy. pinoy is the local term for Filipino from the Philippines.
    Are you one of us?
    Seriously though, I can't wait to try this software! I've been going crazy with the native SMS app of the 650 (nexter) because I've been getting resets when a particular person sends me a message (not always but from time to time). Also, it would be lovely to be able to export long sms threads over to a file so I'll always have a record of those conversations on my PC. I'll give this a whirl and report back with my findings
    Well, a couple of suggestions:

1. I use my Treo as a pager and am very dependent on Butler's attention manager / nag feature if I miss a SMS/page alert. Is there anyway to have Butler recognize this as an SMS and alert me.

2. Can the alert be customized?

3. It seems as if I get an audible alert on an incoming SMS, but the screen doesn't wake up. Again if using this as a pager, it is problematic as it is very easy to miss the small beep and message. When I power on, the pSMS pop-up is present.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillydog View Post
    Well, a couple of suggestions:

1. I use my Treo as a pager and am very dependent on Butler's attention manager / nag feature if I miss a SMS/page alert. Is there anyway to have Butler recognize this as an SMS and alert me.

2. Can the alert be customized?

3. It seems as if I get an audible alert on an incoming SMS, but the screen doesn't wake up. Again if using this as a pager, it is problematic as it is very easy to miss the small beep and message. When I power on, the pSMS pop-up is present.
    I guess number 2 is partially answered in the manual. Is there anyway to use some of the Treo's other built-in ringtones?
    so, gave the trial a whirl, and I'm undecided. I don't know what features are not activated for the trial version, so here are my initial impressions:
    1. When choosing to create a new message, it doesn't give you a quick way to choose the recipient(s).
    2. The 5-way doesn't seem to be very well implemented.
    3. My contact's picture didn't show up when she sent me an SMS.
    4. Upon installation, the existing messages on your inbox/outbox/sent/drafts/templates/saved don't get ported over to it (maybe an option to import?)
    5. There should be an option to use the midi files instead of just wav/mp3

I uninstalled it for the meantime as I didn't see the advantages over the native application. I'll try it again in the future.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzupa View Post
    1.) Yes, it will be included in the future versions. Schedule to multiple recipients plus REPEAT on SMTWTFS days.
    2.) Not yet in this version.
    3.) Yes, coming in the future version.

There are lots of future features for this app.
    Approximately when will we see those features?

John
    Quote Originally Posted by number1 View Post
    I Would like to see the following features in this Very interesting app :

1) automatic Hiding the send & received SMS with password to view for ALL or specific Caller
    from Address Book/Contacts .
    2) send & recive encrypted SMS between any PictureSMS clients.
    when will we see those features?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I need to be able to export old sms messages so that they can be printed out and used in court against the guy who is stalking my girlfriend. I have installed picture sms but it doesnt load my old messages. Can anyone tell me if I can pull up the old messages and if so, how. I would appreciate the help. We have a hearing with the stalker next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbs2007 View Post
    I need to be able to export old sms messages so that they can be printed out and used in court against the guy who is stalking my girlfriend. I have installed picture sms but it doesnt load my old messages. Can anyone tell me if I can pull up the old messages and if so, how. I would appreciate the help. We have a hearing with the stalker next week.
    For what it's worth, if you can't get PictureSMS to work for you for this purpose in your required timeframe, then you might try Treodesktop, which doesn't do all of the other great stuff Picture SMS will do, but is only for the purpose of transferring your messages and call log to your PC. http://www.treodesktop.com/
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast