1.    #1  
    Hi,

Have had my 700p for a while (Verizon), do not have the MR patch (just found out about it here) and recently bought the Aliph Jawbone.

Charged it up, followed the instructions to pair, the Treo sees the Jawbone in the list, but when I select the Jawbone and click OK, the Treo says it failed to pair (I forget the exact error message).

Repeated tries, soft reset, power off / on both devices... what am I doing wrong?

thanks
    Frank
    Have you made sure the Red and White lights are flashing. For some reason the Jawbone shows up as a handfree device when the Jawbone is on but not in pairing mode. Also make sure the Jawbone is in pairing mode before you tap the bluetooth icon on the Treo. If all else fails call the number in the back of the Jawbone instruction manual to let them help you. They are pretty good at support. It is totally possible you might have a bad Jawbone
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Marv, did what you suggested, no luck, called Aliph, the nice guy says they're aware of the issue with some Treo's and it's the phone's problem.

So I guess the next step is to see if the MR will fix it?
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FankLun View Post
    Thanks Marv, did what you suggested, no luck, called Aliph, the nice guy says they're aware of the issue with some Treo's and it's the phone's problem.

So I guess the next step is to see if the MR will fix it?
    Are you willing to wait another year?
    Be careful of loading the MR ifx. My jawbone pairs fine under 1.06 but under 1.10 it drops it connection like every 5 minutes. Under 1.06 it only drops once or so a day. Where did you buy your Jawbone. If it is either Cingular or froom Jawbone itself you need to be more persistent and tell them others have made the Jawbone work fine. Se if you can get a new one.. If you bought it elsewhere try to switch it as well.

I know it works. Have Jawbone call me @ 503 577 3080 and I will explain how mine works fine.

Marv
    Hi Marv,
    My jawbone does the same as yours under 1.10. It drops the connection sporadically. It seems to always drop right after I end a call.

Any luck trying to fix this?

Also, I recall the treo 650 never had to keep the connection alive...it'll attempt to connect to the bt earset only when there's a call...
    Could never find a workaround to get the Jawbone to not drop pairing under the MR. Got so frustrated between this and the dropped network connection that I went back to the store iin Oregon, told them the MR that their tech did made my phone worse. A nice customer service person just gave me a brand new one with 1.06 on it. I don't plan on upgrading to the MR until the dropped network is fixed or my new every two discount comes and the 755P is released.