Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    So I contacted via email VZW customer support to ask them about the MR, after reading all reports in the Treocentral forums that stores where handling the updates via SD card. Here's an excerpt of the email I got from them:

Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. We apologize for any miscommunication regarding an update for the Palm Treo 700p. We are eager to assist you with your question.

A Maintenance Release (MR) was released for the 700p model for Sprint but was quickly retracted by Palm since the software was not working properly. Verizon Wireless is committed to providing the very latest in products and services. At this time, we are unable to state if or when a MR update will be offered for our Palm Treo 700p. We know Palm is working on one and that Verizon Wireless will have to fully test it before we release it to the public. We understand and apologize for any frustration regarding this but we are only able to provide information regarding products or services that we are currently offering. We are unable to disclose any unconfirmed information because it would be subject to change and could raise expectations that may not be met.
    So as you can see, denial is standard practice in all matters 700p, no matter who you are asking (Palm/Verizon). I have replied to that email with a direct link to websites that list and show proof that the MR is out and about, let's see what they come up next with. Of course, the first link I sent was Treocentral's own forum entry on the matter

Anyhow, just a heads-up for those (un)lucky enough to get the MR and associated problems (DTMF, 1x-EVDO switches). Good luck contacting CS as they just have shown that you shouldn't even be having the MR in the first place
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    So I contacted via email VZW customer support to ask them about the MR, after reading all reports in the Treocentral forums that stores where handling the updates via SD card. Here's an excerpt of the email I got from them:

So as you can see, denial is standard practice in all matters 700p, no matter who you are asking (Palm/Verizon). I have replied to that email with a direct link to websites that list and show proof that the MR is out and about, let's see what they come up next with. Of course, the first link I sent was Treocentral's own forum entry on the matter

Anyhow, just a heads-up for those (un)lucky enough to get the MR and associated problems (DTMF, 1x-EVDO switches). Good luck contacting CS as they just have shown that you shouldn't even be having the MR in the first place
    Denial is a standard practice in industry, regardless of company or product.

Until you see marketing materials regarding a product (or anything, such as an update for example), information will be denied. Support usually will not know about it (until they have had training, altough some may catch some info and others will just confuse what they have heard on forums) and engineers will not be allowed to discuss in depth parts of the product.

Everybody's best bet is just to wait for the hourse's mouth to speak, and not somebody to speak on its behalf. As "mean" as this may seem, responding back with links will do you no good. The person on the other end will either not know what you are talking about or won't release information even if they did know (this is excluding those that occassionally do spill things).
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    MR? What MR?
    Matty