Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Ok, I have a Sprint 700P that I recently updated to MR 1.1. This gave me lots of network connectivity issues, so Sprint had me do an RTN wipe. I had synced everything up on my laptop at work and wanted to restore everything, but some Audible Air file was giving me problems, so I wanted to go in and delete it from the backup directory. Hmmm, no backup directory! I'm running Vista by the way. I tried running windows explorer as admin, doing a search for some prc files, but nothing! This is totally odd because my Treo does start syncing and my logs show the files it has synced with the full path to what my backup directory should be. I just can't access it. I've chosen to view hidden files and folders and OS files and folders. What is going on??? Why can't I see this directory? It works fine at home where I also have Vista, but not here...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

I deleted Admin rights - there is frankly no need for them.

What backup application are you using? Also, we know the conduits were set for something like either "sync" or "device over writes desktop."

Have you looked in the backup folder located under Palm or Palmone or something like this?

If you are using BackupBuddy, have you checked its folders?

Ben
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Ben, the backup folder in the Palm directory (under the folder with my username) is what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about a third-party backup, but palm's own backup via sync. The backup folder simply isn't there. I can't seem to access it in any way except that somehow hotsynch manager CAN see it and tries to restore the files, but gets hung up on this AudibleAir_Dbg.PDB which kills the sync and makes my Treo unusable without a reset, and even a soft reset makes it pretty unusable. I ran into this same problem a few weeks ago when doing a hard reset and restoring at home, but in that case I was able to just go into my backup folder and delete the file. I'm running Vista at home too, although it is Home Premium and on the laptop it is Vista Business, but otherwise the admin stuff has been left alone. As I mentioned, though, I made sure to run windows explorer and a command prompt in admin mode but this still didn't show the backup folder. I'm stumped, but I also am not as concerned as last night I just syned the phone at home without an issue. It would be nice to be able to do this on the laptop too, but not at all imperative...

appdata/local/virtualstore/palm/username

There is also a backup in the usual directory but even if you delete the whole folder this hidden one will restore everything.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post

There is also a backup in the usual directory but even if you delete the whole folder this hidden one will restore everything.
    Wow, thanks. That is just weird! I never deleted anything. I wonder what happened?

computer/local disk/program files/palm/username

is where the non hidden one is on mine.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    computer/local disk/program files/palm/username

is where the non hidden one is on mine.
    Mine is the same except that it is PalmOne, not palm. I thought I got Palm's most recent version off their site...

it stays PalmOne if had a previous version installed without completely removing it. It doesn't matter though as it functions the same.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    it stays PalmOne if had a previous version installed without completely removing it. It doesn't matter though as it functions the same.
    A previous version? This laptop is only 5 months old and I'm positive I only installed Palm software once on it - about 2-3 months ago...

well I don't know then. but as I said it function the same as PalmOne or Palm

I did the same thing the OP did. And I found this thread doing a (gasp) search. Anyway, my question: How do I find the folder you listed? My system is set to show all files, but I can't seem to locate it. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks