1.    #1  
    I just replaced my 5th Treo 680(!) due to hardware issues. its the 3rd one to have sound issues related to the headphone jack. at the PalmStore, the manager asked what size my SD card is. I have 8GB. he says that Palm thinks cards over 4GB cause the devide to overheat internally thereby leading to hardware problems.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    I just replaced my 5th Treo 680(!) due to hardware issues. its the 3rd one to have sound issues related to the headphone jack. at the PalmStore, the manager asked what size my SD card is. I have 8GB. he says that Palm thinks cards over 4GB cause the devide to overheat internally thereby leading to hardware problems.
    I dont know enough to opine on the technical likelihood of this, but I would think that for such a sophisticated issue as this, it would be Palm who would be learning about such problems from TC, not the other way around, i.e. I dont recall ever seeing any previous mention here of such a connection being made.

Sorry to hear of your problems though. I've been running a 650 with a highly modified ROM for 7 months, with a nearly full 8gb card, nearly full ROM, and about 140 apps all up. It's unbelievably stable. As to whether a 680 would be more sensitive to large SD cards, I cant say.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Poppyc*ck i say..my headphone jack went bad using a 1 GB Palm card! Then again I'm no expert!
    And neither is the store manager!
    nah man its not the sdcard related it.. its just the jack is not the greatest quality..
    agreed...the jacks are not the greatest..every once and a while i have to plug and unplug the handsfree device to get it to work