1.    #1  
    My girlfriend just bought her 700p Palm Treo today and had mentioned how she wants to be able to customize the ringtones. I was told that you need to download an alternative third party manager to do such a thing, and all I have found were a few free trials and overpriced software for such a function. Are there alternative ways to manage mp3 ringtones, or download sounds from places like smashthetones.com as ringtones? Any help is greatly appreciated! I know its a bit of an insignificant goal, but it would make her even happier and excited for her new phone

thank you in advance!

-tommy
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    There are a few apps you can buy like Ringo and Ringcare which I'm sure you can do a lot with, but I have never used them so I can't really comment. I use Minitones to create ringtones from my mp3's. It is free, simple, and easy to use.

This site has lots of useful info, all you need to do is search. Good luck.
    I use MP3s as much as possible, though not music, just announcements, like "XX is calling" or "You have mail" or whatever flats the barge. RingCare, CallBlock and LightWav are excellent, well supported solutions. For simple or routine needs, RingCare and CallBlock are excellent; if you need to include the kitchen sink and profiles, then LightWav.

Ben