1.    #1  
    Very impressive. Where did you get this? Is it real, or just someone's idea of what it will look like?
    It's up at Blue Nomad's site:

http://www.bluenomad.com/ws/prod_wor...reenshots.html

The real question is will it support landscape mode.
    I really really wish the HandEra weren't so **** ugly...

yeah if they did support landscape, Wordsmith could start having nearly 80 characters per line... that would be a godsend really. I always finding that whatever I write with wordsmith tends to be a lot choppier because I tend to end paragraphs every 3-6 lines, which is a lot less on a palm...

Which brings up the biggest problem with the handera in landscape mode, who is going to make a keyboard with a tilt connector so it could be used with a landscape mode HandEra?

Kg
    Is landscape mode only for viewing? If you could enter data too, then they'd have to move the graffiti area as well, but that doesn't seem too practical. Although I suppose you might be able to support a keyboard but no graffiti for landscape mode...
    Yeah that is pretty cool. Looks alot more useful. However I don't feel cheated by having 160x160 because when I use it I'm just typing my **** off in a meeting anyway. I later turn it into a real doc on the PC side. So I can live. But sure is nice to see the higher res.

Topic drift warning...

I also agree on the industrial design of the Handera being **** ugly. The only good looking PDA's in my opinion is the Edge, Ipac, Casiopea.. but the edge is far ahead of the other two. I wouldn't rate other handsprings like my deluxe to be more than a few notches above **** ugly... the clear plastic saves it some. :-) The edge has some real ID thought put into it, it's not just engineers slamming it in a basic box.

My only complaint about the edge is that different connector at the bottom precludes it from being useful on standard devices like the stowaway.

I am going to sell my Deluxe and buy a Prism... The case isn't pretty but does work with my keyboard so I'm happy.

James
    Last edited by Kintama; 05/07/2001 at 11:31 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by kgruscho
    yeah if they did support landscape, Wordsmith could start having nearly 80 characters per line... that would be a godsend really. I always finding that whatever I write with wordsmith tends to be a lot choppier because I tend to end paragraphs every 3-6 lines, which is a lot less on a palm
    I remember seeing pictures of some Doc in landscape on the HandEra, and Blue Nomad is a bright enough team to have anticipated the demand for landscape, so it's probably on the company's to-do list. In the meantime, you might want to start structuring your paragraphs by counting your sentences rather than your lines. After doing this for not too long, you start anticipating what the paragraphs will look like on the PC or the printed page.

Which brings up the biggest problem with the handera in landscape mode, who is going to make a keyboard with a tilt connector so it could be used with a landscape mode HandEra?
    A tilt connector would be nice. You could use a T9 cable, but that wouldn't hold up the Visor, of course.
    Originally posted by Gameboy70

I remember seeing pictures of some Doc in landscape on the HandEra, and Blue Nomad is a bright enough team to have anticipated the demand for landscape, so it's probably on the company's to-do list
    Hopefully they are. Btw, the landscape doc you saw was in Quickword, which is being bundled with the Handera. It can't do rtf though, like Blue Nomad can.
    Some apps are being written to run in landscape with the graffti and keysboard popup.

Aportis supports landscape w/vitural graffti:

http://www.handera.com/accessories/aportis.asp

http://www.handera.com/accessories/mail.asp

Some other apps designed for the HE330:

http://www.handera.com/accessories/software.asp

Bigclock and Mapopolis are cool with the extra real estate. I would like to see Handyshopper support landscape. Also, all financial apps could benefit from it.
    <><
    Alot apps would be better suited for landscape because data on the palm os is often shown in a table of columns.

Looking at my "main" apps screen - Account Manager, Autobase, BugMe, Handyshopper and TinySheet - all would be better in Landscape mode.

Bug Me will be much better with the virtual graffiti.

Games I'm not so sure about, but Bubblet sure would be harder if it used the whole screen.

What about apps with short WAV sounds! That would be very cool especially since they could run off of the CF slot.