Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.news4jax.com/news/13650557/detail.html

I guess instead of fixing their network they decided to get rid of the ones who complained..
    That lady was paying $35 a month for a plan most people would consider a deal at twice the price. Sprint's internal auditing apparently saw that she was costing them more than what she was paying them, given all the calls to CS on top of making little or losing money by having her as a customer, although it was not really her fault.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    That lady was paying $35 a month for a plan most people would consider a deal at twice the price. Sprint's internal auditing apparently saw that she was costing them more than what she was paying them, given all the calls to CS on top of making little or losing money by having her as a customer, although it was not really her fault.
    Uh, OK, did you read the article? That may have been ONE case out of the 1,200 accounts that the article stated. I'm paying $30 a month for 500 min (7PM nights/weekends), unlimited data, unlimited text and free roaming. It's called SERO. And guess what, ANYONE can get it. And you don't even have to talk to Sprint, except to activate your phone.

Personally, I'm leaning a little towards Sprint on this one. 40 to 50 times is A LOT of calls, even if the average is twice a year, that means these people were calling at least 8 times a month. It's not like Sprint is making them pay the early termination fee, plus they are giving them time and advanced notice before they end their service. Somehow I think these people are going to be a pain in the @ss for their next carrier as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    What part of the story are you alluding to?
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I have said it before...how long is Sprint going to supporting these awesome deals along with customers nagotiating discounts and device replacements that other carriers will not allow without a cost. Somebody is going to pay even if it results in customers getting exterminated, which I don't agree with. We have full blown threads on this forum on how to Juke Sprint for goodness sakes. Sprint can afford savings for us when it comes to data because they built their network from the ground up already ready to fascilitate EVDO, as where Verizon is playing catch up on the digital end of their old @SS network which is at a cost that the customers are paying for with high data cost. Verizon's network may be bigger but its not better.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoore7648 View Post
    http://www.news4jax.com/news/13650557/detail.html

I guess instead of fixing their network they decided to get rid of the ones who complained..
    Anyone coming from a business stand point wishes this could be an option for them. I totally agree with sprint because there are some customers that think they deserve so much more then what they have an think by complaining they will get it and enough becomes enough. I used to work for sprint and I know the phone calls they are talking about. I totally agree with sprints decision to get rid of them.
    it doesn't surprise me because sprint service is garbage! They know that so if you call and complain its pretty much bothering them so they have to let you go.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Anyone who justly received the letter should be embarrased of themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    There is thread, upon thread, upon thread in this forum about how to weasel free, or discounted perks from Sprint. "If it doesn't work on the first call, keep calling back until you get what you want".

It's human nature to get more, for less. Embarrassed (this is the correct spelling by the way) ?
    Have you recently driven an extra mile to get gas .06 cents a gallon cheaper? I see no difference.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

well- this would be one way to get out of a contract...
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    There is thread, upon thread, upon thread in this forum about how to weasel free, or discounted perks from Sprint. "If it doesn't work on the first call, keep calling back until you get what you want".

It's human nature to get more, for less. Embarrassed (this is the correct spelling by the way) ?
    Have you recently driven an extra mile to get gas .06 cents a gallon cheaper? I see no difference.
    Nope. I can't bring myself to look at the pump when I fill up let alone the price billboards. I currently have no idea how much I am paying for deisel, and because I need it regardless, it really doesn't matter.

P.S. I blame the inflated fuel prices on the iHope.
    Last edited by sxtg; 07/10/2007 at 10:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post

I agree!!! Sprint and their cheap rates have been good to me.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Isn't it funny that you can't quit at a whim without a termination fee, but they CAN. The end of the article says:
    The customers told to find a new service provider were notified by mail last month and will not have to pay a termination fee.
    Well whoop-de-doo. Sprint should have to pay THEM a termination fee. Whats good for the goose...
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    Isn't it funny that you can't quit at a whim without a termination fee, but they CAN. The end of the article says:

Well whoop-de-doo. Sprint should have to pay THEM a termination fee. Whats good for the goose...
    Uh, no they shouldn't. You know why? Cuz it's in the contract. You know what else? Customers agree to Sprint's contract, not the other way around.

This seems to be a win-win for both sides. If a customer is calling in that many times a month constantly, then something is wrong and not getting resolved. Sprint is pretty much acknowledging that they can't fix the problem and letting affected customers out of their contracts with no ETF to find better service elsewhere. That's the nice way of putting it.

Now the mean way of putting it, from what I understand these customers where deadbeats that would basically call constantly demanding credits. So much so that what seemed to be happening is that Sprint was winding up paying them.

If they were complaining that much for that long and were still on Sprint, the they simply were trying to buck the system. If they were trying to cancel but couldn't, then this is their chance to run with no fees. I agree with sxtg and nonobeez, these guys probably got what they had coming to them. In that case, either way, who cares...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Gallo View Post
    Uh, OK, did you read the article? That may have been ONE case out of the 1,200 accounts that the article stated. I'm paying $30 a month for 500 min (7PM nights/weekends), unlimited data, unlimited text and free roaming. It's called SERO. And guess what, ANYONE can get it. .
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    What part of the story are you alluding to?
    Sorry, guys, when I saw this post, I had just finished reading [I mean skimming through] this rather long thread:

http://sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136518

...and just assumed the article referred to in this post (http://www.news4jax.com/news/13650557/detail.html) was referring to that article. If you read the long thread on SprintUsers, you'll see that they do talk about the 12,000 users mentioned in the news4jax article.

Word to the wise seems to be to call the Executive Customer Service #703-433-4401 for problems instead of *611. Neither toll-free nor 24-hours, but they should be able to resolve tough issues with one phone call.
    Last edited by HandyDJs.com; 07/11/2007 at 08:12 PM.

Bottom line is, Sprint executed this whole thing very poorly. The statement they gave news outlets was that they spent months going over these customers' accounts to see if they were going to be booted. If they really did spend months doing this, missdiva, SPCSuser and I wouldn't have received these letters. All three of us had legitimate billing issues that Sprint couldn't or wouldn't permanently fix for whatever reason. SPCSuser was also a Sprint customer for only 30 days. This shows that Sprint used some kind of automated auditing process and that they really didn't go over these accounts in detail to see who was making calls for legitimate billing issues.

For everyone else calling just to get freebies and credits, they deserved to be kicked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Bottom line is, Sprint executed this whole thing very poorly. [...]they really didn't go over these accounts in detail to see who was making calls for legitimate billing issues.
    Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I'd have to say you're right.

For everyone else calling just to get freebies and credits, they deserved to be kicked out.
    Yes - that is probably what caused the audits in the first place. Sorry to hear they weren't a little more discerning on your behalf.

I used the word justly as I am sure that there are exceptions to wether or not the customer was accurately excused.
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-barnett View Post
    well- this would be one way to get out of a contract...
    I know I sorta want this now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Gallo View Post
    Uh, no they shouldn't. You know why? Cuz it's in the contract. You know what else? Customers agree to Sprint's contract, not the other way around.
    Oh I agree it is in the contract. Pretty much the same provisions exist for all the services...which is why your choice is not to "take your business elsewhere" but to do without cell phone service. The cell providers have in effect colluded to force these lop-sided contracts on people to their own benefit.

You cannot cancel the contract without paying a ransom to get out of your contract. Yet THEY can cancel anytime they want..and then they say they are being NICE by not STILL making you pay an ETF even though THEY cancel the contract. Tell me how that is fair. (as a side note, I once tried a Sprint phone..took it back 2 days later, well within the 15 days, and they STILL tried to hit me with an ETF!!)

What these and other lop-sided provisions in cell phone contracts have resulted in is state legislatures starting to crack down on them. And in turn, the providers are trying to get the feds to step in and pre-empt those state laws.

Now, for the record, I do not like the idea of government stepping in. But when these mega-corporations abuse their position, finding arguments against it becomes more difficult, especially when we are already dealing with a heavily regulated industry.

It would be much better if cell providers just tried to keep their customers by being good service providers instead of trying to make hostages out of their customers.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast