1.    #1  
    07 10 07

I have had my Sprint Palm Treo 755p a few days and like it for many reasons.

Am getting a few of the kinks out.

Seems like most of the time when I try to call up email or go on the Internet I get the following error message:

"Error 3000: Data service is unavailable in this area. Please try again later. Ox713E"

I immediately try again and it signs on and I go about my business.

I have done some keyword searching on the Internet to avoid having to post here but with no success.

Anyone know the cause of this frequent repeat, and time-consuming, process? This never occurred with my TMobile Treo 600.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Robert, Austin, Texas
  2.    #2  
    07 10 07

Oppps! And pardon me.

I realized I had not done a search on this discussion board. Turns out there is a long thread on this issue.

Pardon me but if someone does have input that is not already in that other thread, please post.

By the way, I have a number of 3rd party apps, one being Snappermail.

Thanks, again.

Robert, Austin, Texas
    Man, I hope you aren't having the same post MR issues that us 700p users are having.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexTreo600 View Post
    07 10 07

Seems like most of the time when I try to call up email or go on the Internet I get the following error message:

"Error 3000: Data service is unavailable in this area. Please try again later. Ox713E"

I have done some keyword searching on the Internet to avoid having to post here but with no success.

Anyone know the cause of this frequent repeat, and time-consuming, process? This never occurred with my TMobile Treo 600.

Robert, Austin, Texas
    you will need to call sprint and have them remove and reactivate you vision services. this just happened to me and phisik. it also happened to a friend of mine on a treo 755p. be sure when you call in, after you press1 for english, that you say "tech support" very clearly. if you get transferred to a level 1 SAR you will need to be transferred to level II. this means endless hold times.

when you connect i bet if you see blue arrows on the top you then get the message, if you see green - you get through.
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexTreo600 View Post
    07 10 07

Also, have you tried to pull the battery and then putting it back in after 10 seconds or so?

Robert, Austin, Texas
    Hi Robert, In the "pref" application, when you go to network, does it show Power Vision, Sprint Provisioning, or something else like a BT PAN? If you don't see Power Vision, look in the pull down and try that.

Also, have you tried pulling the battery out and putting it back in after about 10 seconds?
  6.    #6  

Burkhardi is da man or gal !

I removed the battery as suggested and put it back in after in excess of 10seconds. The 755p powered on and I tried to access Snappermail and it toggled directly to it, so it appears the ERROR MESSAGE hassle is repaired.

Oh, by the way, when I removed the battery I saw where the label "755p" and other data appear inside the compartment. The exterior of the device does not have "755p" anywhere, so I wondered.

By the way, did I see somewhere where someone commented that the device may not be powered off. I think it does power off if the red elongated button on the right is pressed for a while. If I am correct, does the phone not ring if receiving a call when the device is powered off?

Again, thanks to Burkhardi and others who contribute.

Robert, Austin, Texas
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I have been plagued with this problem on my 755P - exactly as described here:

- First attempt to connect usually fails
    - Second attempt usually works
    - Lots of "Error 3000: Data service is unavailable in this area" error messages

After spending several hours on the phone with advanced tech support over the last two days, I've finally got it solved.

The good news: It's Sprint's fault.
    The bad news: You have to wade through to someone at advanced technical support at Sprint to get it fixed.

Here's what the problem is:

Sprint's systems set up the data connection incorrectly. While the billing part of the system show you have EVDO and 1X both, another operational part of the system thinks you should not have access to EVDO. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

When you connect to Power Vision, the phone can "see" an EVDO signal, it knows (through provisioning) that it is allowed to use EVDO, so it first attempts EVDO. Sprint's system denies the connection (well, it doesn't really deny it, it just disallows it). Your phone will either drop back and try a 1X connection (which will succeed), or will just give up and give you the "3000 Data service unavailable" error. The second time you try, the phone knows EVDO didn't work, so it goes right for 1X, and the connection works fine.

How did they fix this? The tech support guy deleted my phone from their system entirely and put it in from scratch, telling it I should have full data with both EVDO and 1X. A half hour of work on his end, another provisioning on the phone's end, and hey presto - everything works perfectly, the first time, every time! I have been using the phone for hours since, and have not had a single error - and the Power Vision connections are SO MUCH faster - a couple seconds instead of 10-15 seconds.

I just figured I'd get this information out there for people who are impossibly frustrated by this error.
    I had some similar problems with my network connection on Sprint.

I was playing around with the service profiles under Preferences / Network and somehow the default "Power Vision" network profile completely disappeared! Figuring I just messed something up I tried the following methods of restoring the profile
    1. Restored my system from a Resco Backup
    2. Hard reset without reinstalling anything
    3. Reinstalled the Sprint 755p upgrade to version 1.07 firmware.

None of those things fixed the problem. I just didn't have that network profile any more. Blank. I couldn't access the internet at all - I either got the "Error: (0x7301)" or "Error: 67. Registration failure. Check your username and/or password and try again. If this problem persists, contact Sprint."

Of course I tried to call Sprint but you know how far that will get you. The second person I talked to (after being transferred there from someone in India) asked who my service provider was! (Ummm... why would I call Sprint if I didn't have your service - and if I didn't have Sprint how would I get to you by dialing *2?) Then he asked how long I had been with Sprint (ummm why does that matter? 6 months if anyone cares.) The next person I got transferred to asked for a land line number to call, said he would call back. Do you think he called back?

What fixed the problem for me was the following:
    1. Go to sprint.com and log in.
    2. Go to "Settings and passwords"
    3. Go to "Wireless web passcode" (for some reason this page takes a LONG time to load)
    4. Follow the directions from there to create (actually, re-create) a password. After you're done, Sprint's system will do some over-the-air reprograming of your phone (through that "provisioning" thingie, whatever that is).

Anyway all is well now.

The advantage of this approach (well, if it works, as it did for me) is that you don't have to call Sprint at all.
    Where do you see 'Wireless Web Passcode'? I log into 'My Sprint' and then click on 'Settings and Passwords', on the next page I see a link for 'Wireless Web Access' but that is for content filtering. I see nothing that lets me access Power Vision passcode settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by sci72 View Post
    Where do you see 'Wireless Web Passcode'? I log into 'My Sprint' and then click on 'Settings and Passwords', on the next page I see a link for 'Wireless Web Access' but that is for content filtering. I see nothing that lets me access Power Vision passcode settings?
    Lower left corner of the page. I see:

Phone access
    for XXX-XXX-XXXX
    Voicemail passcode *****
    Wireless Web username --------
    Wireless Web passcode ****** <--- click on this link.
    I was having similar problems to others who have posted in this and the other "3000 Error" discussions. I tried many of the suggestions and none seemed to work. I even spent an hour on the phone with Sprint.
    For me it turned out to be ChatterEmail that was causing the problem. In 'Preferences' and then 'Connections', I had 'Disconnect if all mailboxes offline' checked. After unchecking this, I no longer have the error with syncing email or with blazer. Everything connects on the first try now. It also eliminated a lag that I was having within ChatterEmail.
    I realize that this is a shot in the dark and will probably not fix most people's problems, but I wanted to share just in case.
    I have had a repeatable problem with the 3000 Error. Every time after I use USB Modem and shutting it down I get the error when retrieving email or using a web site. It happens every time and only after using USB Modem.