Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1.    #1  
    I don't know what is going on, as I have made not changes AT ALL to the Treo or my email settings, but since yesterday all of my emails that are going to one of my POP accounts (just this one) are no longer coming in via my desktop or my Snappermail application on my Treo. They are all going straight through to the messaging application and being truncated, so don't even know what they are supposed to be saying (can't read the whole message). When I try to retreive on my desktop they are gone from the server. I have made no changes and don't know how to stop this...I am at a loss. Not only am I racking up SMS messages, but I can't read my email from this account as it appears to be deleted after it is messaged to the Treo. Emergency help needed...
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by printergirl1 View Post
    I don't know what is going on, as I have made not changes AT ALL to the Treo or my email settings, but since yesterday all of my emails that are going to one of my POP accounts (just this one)

    Um..sounds like this is an issue with your email service provider, especially since it is only happening to this one pop account. Somehow their servers are receiving emails, forwarding them to you via sms, and then deleting them. Have you ever setup anything on that account where it sends you messages via sms? It would have to have your mobile number SOMEHOW to be able to send you emails as SMS. I would start by contacting your service provider and going into your email account settings and deleting your mobile number and turning off any email forwarding as sms options...etc...
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Atif, you are correct. I actually figured that out a little while ago. I logged into my service providers website and saw that they had switched over to a new email system on July 9th, this is ironically when the problem started happening, so I knew instantly that there was something up. Spent an hour on the phone with them and got no resolution, it just got escalated up to another department and I was told I would get a call back.

    But, after that I started looking at the webmail settings for this provider in their new web based interface (even though I never use the webmail interface) and sure enough it had SMS set up in there and was deleting them after sending. I think when they switched over yesterday, it pulled that setting in and turned it on automatically, even though I had it turned on in their old system. I erased my SMS number from their system and all is well now. Whew... Now I need to contact those people that sent me important messages in the last 24 hours and ask them to resend.
  4. #4  
    O.K. glad that worked out! You'd think that the default for any upgrade would DO NOT CHANGE the current behavior unless the user asks for a change!

Posting Permissions