Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. tip
    My EVDO/Vision (milwaukee area) has crawled to a halt. Mail and Web have been horrible the past two days.

Do you think it's my 755p? I did a soft reset. Will the debugging screens help?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I'm in Chicago but I too noticed this weekend and still continuing that access to WEB pages are slow. It doesn't appear to be the EVDO network as I can run the speed tests on the WEB and I still get over 300kbs readings.
    I also have no problems with Sprint TV or streaming music and videos.
    I understand that all WEB page access has to go through a Sprint server. I feel that they are having problems with that server as not only is WEB access slow some common WEB pages give a URL error when trying to access them.
    Not sure on how to get an answer or to report this as calling level 1 support would be a waste as they would not have a clue to understand this type of problem.
    I'll give it a day or two more to see if it clears up. If not I'll try and get an answer from support.

Rich
  3. tip
    Thank you very much for the response. I'm not crazy. I'll give it a day or so as well and then I might call support. I'll update this thread if I hear anything.

Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I am in Milwaukee and EVDO has slowed down in the past week, it is making me mad!
    Maybe EVDO is shared bandwidth and all the new 755p owners are slowing things down?
    I am noticing a slowdown in Philly too since last week. Sometimes I need to reload a web page more than once to get it loaded.
    I haven't seen any issues in my admittedly-minor web usage in Greenfield.

Tom
    Last edited by VetPsychWars; 07/10/2007 at 06:55 AM. Reason: added location
    this is just a theory but do you think all the people up in the area for Summerfest for milwaukee and the taste in chicago using the network might have just been slowing things down?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Hi Guy's,
    Just wanted to post an update. Good News.
    I stopped at a Sprint owned store today but there tech support was no help. I tried there Demo phone and it was running at full speed on the WEB pages.
    I got home and called Sprint support and asked for Tech Support and got someone that spoke English and at least understood the question. We went through a procedure to reset the Vision setting on the 755p. From the Phone Dial Pad we first did a ##774#(Reset PRI) to reset the settings. Then entered ##3282#(Data Provision) -> then Data tab at top and clicked on "Update Vision Profile" -> then entered an ID code (This code is unique to your phone so write it down for future use when Sprint gives it to you). After a few minutes the phone got all the information from the network and now the WEB browsing was running at full speed again.

I did notice that the along with many other settings the IP address of the phone was changed which might have been part of the problem.

So if your having a WEB speed problem give this procedure a try. It fixed my problem.

Rich
    I am from Chicago too (well a suburb) and i did a hard reset; internet is still slow
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RawisTheGameHhH View Post
    I am from Chicago too (well a suburb) and i did a hard reset; internet is still slow
    A Hard reset will not fix or clear the data I talked about. Give Sprint a call and tell them what you want done. Let us know if that fixes your problem too.

Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by relgin View Post
    A Hard reset will not fix or clear the data I talked about. Give Sprint a call and tell them what you want done. Let us know if that fixes your problem too.

Rich
    i did called earlier today; spoke with a tech and he told me it was normal for the web to take about 30 secs to load a page; which is BS
    Last edited by RawisTheGameHhH; 07/11/2007 at 09:16 AM.
    My 700p has been running very slow for 2 days now in Delaware depite having a perfect signal. Slingbox data speeds are as fast as ever so it has to be something with Sprints servers. When I try to access a web page, there appears to be a 15-20 second lag before the request gets acknowledge and the returning data seems comes back in chunks with multiple pauses in between. I'll give another day or 2 before I look for help from Sprint.

I was considering a hard reset but Rawisthegame seemed to confirm that wouldn't help.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ View Post
    My 700p has been running very slow for 2 days now in Delaware depite having a perfect signal. Slingbox data speeds are as fast as ever so it has to be something with Sprints servers. When I try to access a web page, there appears to be a 15-20 second lag before the request gets acknowledge and the returning data seems comes back in chunks with multiple pauses in between. I'll give another day or 2 before I look for help from Sprint.

I was considering a hard reset but Rawisthegame seemed to confirm that wouldn't help.
    Don't do a hard reset, it is a waste of time; it did nothing
    I think there is something with the servers. I am in Philly. I have been slow for about 5 days, and when I am using the web it bounces between vison and power vison. I called Sprint tech this morning. ( tried last night, was on hold for an hour, and then hung up on) They had me reprovision the phone and it made no difference. I still bounce between green and blue arrows, and this is new to me. The tech was surprised the reprovisioning did not fix it. She said the towers must be bouncing back and forth for this to happen from vision to power vision.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Having some interemittent issues in Baltimore as well. Good signal, but slow (and sometimes failed) page loads.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbett View Post
    Having some interemittent issues in Baltimore as well. Good signal, but slow (and sometimes failed) page loads.
    Same here in Timonium, Maryland. I called Sprint CS, and they naturally said everything was normal. They told me to clear my cache by doing a soft reset. I told them that there was nothing in cache, as it is a new phone...
    iPhone on AT&T, Waiting for the Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeeman View Post
    Same here in Timonium, Maryland. I called Sprint CS, and they naturally said everything was normal. They told me to clear my cache by doing a soft reset. I told them that there was nothing in cache, as it is a new phone...
    i called today too and they gave me the run around
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Same here with my 755p in Milwaukee. I just thought it was everyone at Summerfest hogging bandwidth. Oh well, I want my fast web back!!!!
    AT&T iPhone, My Blog!
    Me too! I am getting tired of data timeouts loading web pages. Never had that before the last few days.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast