Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Someone is jerking us around. The service is clearly worse than a week ago. It is only effecting my blazer surfing. Slingbox speeds are as high as ever. Today in the morning it worked as usual for about 2 hours.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Hey Guy's,
    A number of people are having this Blazer problem and don't seem to be calling Sprint and going throught the steps I covered in Post #9 in this thread.

I too am convinced that Sprint changed something over the weekend with there servers. I have cleared up my speed problem and I have a couple of other 755p users clear up there speed problem with the same procedure.
    There are a lot of settings in the Network configuration on the 755p and the steps I covered clear out the settings and download a new set of settings from Sprint.

One person said that they tried it and didn't work but it sounds like a little differnet problem as they are switching between Vision and Power Vision (possible tower problems).

For those having this Blazer slow problem go through post #9 steps with Sprint and post back here with your results. It would be nice to built a case against Sprint.

Remember a Hard Reset will NOT do anything to the Network settings in the phone.

Rich
    latest report is that a few servers are down in the chicago-land area
    Bet it isn't just Chicago. I still say something is going on for it to be showing up in various locations. Tech may not even know anything about it. At Sprint the various departments don't seem to share informationwell.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Same experience in south Maui. Last week on Oahu no problems. No problems on Maui either until a few days ago. Will try calling Sprint when back from vacation.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    5 minutes later, Blazer and everything else is working fine as it used to before. Go figure!
  7. tip
    sigh...

I spent my time with the Sprint Rep last night and we did everything in step #9. I still have the "sending..." lag in the browser.

err...

I just did the ##3282 thing and "Update Vision Profile" again while typing this and now I'm all cool.

So... to recap... at 10:30 last night I did everything in step #9 (call sprint) and still had issues. At 6:00 this morning I did the ##3282 step and everything is cool.

Thanks for all of your input guys!
  8. tip
    One last thing...

When you call Sprint's #... say "Tech Support" at the prompt. You will then get the option to say "Treo." These steps ensure you'll get someone who knows what they're talking about.
    Well I tried relgin's suggestion today. Got a guy on the phone that ignored when I said my web connection was slow and could we try resetting the Vision on my Treo. He then looked up my account and claimed there was no internet plan on my account. Funny, I was using it on my 650 up til last Tuesday and was using it on my 755p up until I spoke with him today. He said he was reprovisioning it and it would work in 4 hours. 4 hours later, my Vision still connects, my email and everything else that uses the internet still works, but my Blazer won't connect to anything and give me this error:
    "Your PCS Vision session cannot be completed at this time. You may need to make a payment on your account. Please dial #2 on your PCS Phone for additional information."
    Well, my account balance is at 0, I just paid it a couple weeks ago, so thats not the problem.
    Call tech support back, no wait time stated, sat on hold for a hour. Hung up, called tech support back again and wait time stated was 5-10 minutes. 30 minutes later some guy picks up that is apparently trying to reconnect to someone else that he was already talking to, he starts out with "I have someone on the other line now, who am I speaking to?" I state my name, and click. I'm hung up on. Call back in, now wait time is greater than 20 minutes. I guess I'll try tomorrow and hope that I get someone with a clue who at least knows how to work their own phones hold buttons. :sigh: In the meantime no web browsing for me.
    They also seem to have broken my MySprint login, because it no longer allows me to log in either.
    Quote Originally Posted by morwen View Post
    Well I tried relgin's suggestion today. Got a guy on the phone that ignored when I said my web connection was slow and could we try resetting the Vision on my Treo. He then looked up my account and claimed there was no internet plan on my account. Funny, I was using it on my 650 up til last Tuesday and was using it on my 755p up until I spoke with him today. He said he was reprovisioning it and it would work in 4 hours. 4 hours later, my Vision still connects, my email and everything else that uses the internet still works, but my Blazer won't connect to anything and give me this error:
    "Your PCS Vision session cannot be completed at this time. You may need to make a payment on your account. Please dial #2 on your PCS Phone for additional information."
    Well, my account balance is at 0, I just paid it a couple weeks ago, so thats not the problem.
    Call tech support back, no wait time stated, sat on hold for a hour. Hung up, called tech support back again and wait time stated was 5-10 minutes. 30 minutes later some guy picks up that is apparently trying to reconnect to someone else that he was already talking to, he starts out with "I have someone on the other line now, who am I speaking to?" I state my name, and click. I'm hung up on. Call back in, now wait time is greater than 20 minutes. I guess I'll try tomorrow and hope that I get someone with a clue who at least knows how to work their own phones hold buttons. :sigh: In the meantime no web browsing for me.
    They also seem to have broken my MySprint login, because it no longer allows me to log in either.
    Well, called back today and got a Travis. He rocked and got me all fixed up, by doing the Vision reset on my phone and THEN he still had to reprovision my services on their end. The ***** yesterday didn't actually reprovision anything, Travis said all that guy did was disable and then re-enable my account. All that succeeded in doing was breaking things. And now my web browsing flies! Thank you Travis @ Sprint Tech support! He also fixed my MySprint login.
    This is not a new problem, nor is it restricted to 755's. You can see my post about this going back a month. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=146117.

After reading this and other posts, and my own experience, this clearly is a network problem. While some people have had improvements by reassigning their network status (which by the way changes your Sprint login), some, including myself, experienced a spontaneous improvement without doing anything. Some of the consistent things I noticed, and which were mentioned here, are that the network runs perfectly fine in the morning, and at the time that Blazer won't load a page and times out, Slingplayer, Opera Mini and email services work perfectly fine through PowerVision. I just don't see how that can be related to the hardware in any way, since it seems to correct itself almost randomly. As someone said, we are being jerked around. This is a national, not a local problem, and is based on problems with the Sprint servers, not just PowerVision. At least that's the way it appears to me.
    I totally agree with you. I reprovisoned and it made no difference. It finally was a lot better this morning, and then went back to not loading pages this afternoon. It has been reported with phones other than the Treo at sprintusers.com. http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=137271
    I'm in chicago with the same problem...ill try the fix once i figure out my msid
    I live in the Syracuse NY area and it's slower here.
    Earlier today, I was in an area with 5 bars and I couldn't get over 200 kbps.
    My house gets 1-2 bars and I just got 280 kbps, so maybe it's improving?
    Did another speed test and got 257.
    Hmm?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Just ran into the same problem a few days ago on my Treo 755p. After reading this post I called Sprint tech support and after 75 minutes (and one session with a not so helpful Tier 1 support) I got somebody on the phone that actually know what she was doing. She initially saw in the system that something was wrong with my account (?) but after she fixed it the speed was still slooooow. So we followed the steps outlined in post 9 and my Treo is back to normal browsing speed (i.e. much less latency). The only difference is that after entering ##774# I started Blazer and the re-provisioning was done automatically. It run twice for some reason but then it was fine.
    I was going good until Sunday night and now I can't even get a page to open up.
    Looks like I'll be calling tech support.
    Slingbox is showing speeds of 200 kbps (15 fps).
    Can't get Sprint TV to start.
    Talked to a nice support person at Sprint and we tried those steps mentioned above.
    None of them worked, it's still slow.
    He told me if it doesn't improve, try a hard reset, then call about getting a replacement.
    I just don't get how my Slingbox is getting 200 kbps and Blazer can't download a page without timing out.
    Did a hard reset and it didn't do anything. I kept trying resetting PV and reentering the MRL. Nothing.
    So now I contemplate returning it.
    Speeds are very erratic in the Madison, WI area. Generally they range in the 250-400Kbps on my Treo 700wx. Below is a recent speed test to Sprint's Chicago server. Sometime I get close to a Megabit down, but that is rare.

http://www.dslreports.com/im/36169602/4816.png
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12