Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I really like how the Palm OS is much snapier then the WM OS but one thing I can't get past is how incredibly slow Blazer grabs webpages.

Am I alone in this? Is it just mine?

I own both the 700wx and the 700p running the MR and although in most ways I would rather be using the 700p day to day I just can't live with how much slower Blazer is then Pocket IE and I'm hoping it's just something with my phone or some setting I can adjust so here I am.
    For me, it is extremely slow when I launch it. I launched it today and it was a white screen for about 20-30 seconds. UNACCEPTABLE. I deal with it for now, and it is a BRAND new 700p, no MR.

I dont know what it is, why it sucks, but it just does. Some say Versamail, though I dont even have it going, some say other things, I say it just plain sucks, and its Palm we are talking about. The same company to wipe out their wi-fi team.

Why is it, that Blazer cant seem to be updated? Ask the smart people at Palm. It should be like any other program.

If Rob at Hobbyist was in charge of Blazer, you'd be seeing updates all the time.

Even though there is no cut and paste in Opera, the 3.0 version works ok, as does Xiino.

And maybe someday, Universe will be done so we can use it.

Browsers are something I wish someone would invest in, cause if I had a great one, i'd pay a decent price for it.

Its not as easy as all of these other programs, but I think people spend too much time on something that we have too many of already instead of a browser. I mean who needs to create another Weather program?

If I knew how to develop, that would be what I would be working on.
    at&t iPhone3G
  4.    #4  
    That link seems to be about lag exiting Blazer.

Here's what I'm talking about.

I type www.engadget.com on the address bar and press enter.
    Sending...
    Sending...
    Sending...
    10+ Seconds Later
    Receiving...
    hangs
    Receiving...
    etc etc.

On the 700wx I type www.engadget.com and press enter and 3 seconds after it's connected to Vision, it's done. I mean all it loads on both the wx and the p is one small image and a bunch of text and Blazer makes me feel like I'm 3 years in the past back on T-Mobile before EDGE.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Ive been thinking blazer had gotten very slow to the point i didnt think evdo was up or something. but when i use nweb or universe or tethered mode i get full evdo speeds. I even tested it next to my wifes 650 i cleared both cache and had them go to mobile.palmone.com 650 finished the full page load in no time while the 700p took 30 - 45 seconds longer to finish fully loading. I then tried a hard reset on the 700 and ran it "clean" and got the same results. this also happens on other websites too very weird.

any ideas
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    I experience the same thing with Blazer. For all the talk about the superior Verizon network, this thing is a dog on the Internet. I must have missed that thread, I'll try it out and see if it helps.
  7.    #7  
    Sounds like you're seeing the same problems I am in comparison to my very quick 700wx.
    Well, every morning at 5 or 6 I can download complex multi-image webpages in less than 5 seconds. By 10 AM it takes 10. It ain't the phone, it's Sprint's overcrowded or undersupplied network. For several weeks I could barely download at all in the afternoons. Of course, I don't get a lag at all on launching Blazer, only on exiting, but that's because I tell it to clear the cache on exit.
    I'm having huge delays with Blazer (Sprint) just in the past few days it seems. And I don't think it's the network, since Opera Mini seems as fast as ever. I'm not talking about the lag problem in starting or exiting the program; I'm talking about how all of a sudden it's taking a very long time to load pages, to the point where it's pretty much unusable. Clearing the cache didn't improve things. Anyone have any ideas?
    Sounds like pretty much what I had a few weeks ago:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=146117

Do you have the same delay at different times of the day? I tried hard resets, finally stopped using Chatter for a while, and the download issues went away. I have since started using Chatter again and have no download problems. At the same time I was having the problem, I could watch Slingplayer and Opera Mini also worked. I can't explain it rationally....but I still think it was the network. Either that or Chatter was causing it, because I also had to reinstall Chatter to get to my Exchange server....it was hanging on trying to login, but my problems began before that. The only consistent thing was that Blazer was always very fast and working early in the morning, before the network got crowded.
    [QUOTE=iammike;1305888]That link seems to be about lag exiting Blazer.

Sending...
    Sending...
    Sending...
    10+ Seconds Later
    Receiving...
    hangs
    Receiving...
    etc etc.

I just went to the above site with my p, and it opened as quickly as you described the wx.

Maybe you've tried this already, but what about a hard reset, and then do your test?

My specs:

700p w/MR
    45.8M free
    8K cache
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Now at 930 am in the NYC area my Blazer is flying again I dont get it. It cant be the network cause i tried 2 other treo browsers and both flew and hooked my 700p to my laptop and it worked fine even got 500k on a speed test.

Maybe its the built in Blazer proxy that Sprint has all Blazer stuff go through.

If i find my MSL ill wipe out those settings and try again.

It was "funny" seeing my wifes T650 outrun my 700p

"funny" = annoying too!!!
    Sometimes your "cookies" or cache gets corrupted. I usually clear the cache after every use, and clear cookies once a week.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I was having speed issues even after a hard rest and no restore the 650 still beat it now even at 300pm 20 min west of nyc Blazer is still flying. Must of been something at sprint.

I hope
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    Must of been something at sprint.
    Agree that it must have been something at Sprint. My Blazer speed is back to normal now as well. Weird because Opera Mini stayed fast during the two days that Blazer slowed down.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    something is really different i can hit the full non mobile pages on some sites now like msn.com it goes to full site not mobile espn.com too
  17.    #17  
    I dunno, I guess I could ESN swap back to the p again and try again but I tried the above suggestions on my own before posting as well including hard reset and clearing caches.

This was also with no additional programs installed, no email setup, nothing. Just hard reset and extremely slow web access while my wx would fly at the same time.

Also, when it would download a chunk of data like when I downloaded Google Maps, the download was extremely fast, where Blazer seems to be hanging for me is on the Sending... portion.

It just says "Sending..." for a long time and once it downloads the text part of the page, it seems to experience the same long hang for the image (just one image since I was testing with mobile pages).
  18.    #18  
    UPDATE:

I ESN swapped back to my 700p this evening and have immediately noticed that now my web browsing is lightning fast.

I'm not sure what in the network would have effected my 700p while not effecting my 700wx but none the less, that seems to be the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by iammike View Post
    That link seems to be about lag exiting Blazer.

Sending...
    Sending...
    Sending...
    10+ Seconds Later
    Receiving...
    hangs
    Receiving...
    etc etc.

On the 700wx I type www.engadget.com and press enter and 3 seconds after it's connected to Vision, it's done. I mean all it loads on both the wx and the p is one small image and a bunch of text and Blazer makes me feel like I'm 3 years in the past back on T-Mobile before EDGE.
    I have the 755p and I have the same issue; blazer opens and close quickly; it is just when I try to access a web page, sending.....sending...30 secs later it appears
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RawisTheGameHhH View Post
    I have the 755p and I have the same issue; blazer opens and close quickly; it is just when I try to access a web page, sending.....sending...30 secs later it appears

Me too, I am in northern suburbs of Chicago. Maybe it is a local issue?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast